Back to Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4 by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course will give you an overview of client-side web UI frameworks, in particular Bootstrap 4. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. You will learn about CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. You will also learn the basics of Node.js and NPM and task runners like Grunt and Gulp. At the end of this course, you will be able to a)Set up, design and style a web page using Bootstrap 4 and its components, b) Create a responsive web page design, and c) Make use of web tools to setup and manage web sites. This course also includes an honors track that enables you to work on your own project developing a website using Bootstrap 4. Students enrolling in this course should have prior good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript....

AS
Apr 4, 2020

This is course is amazing given ou already know some html, css and javascript. People say Bootstrap is easy but after this course I realized many wrong things I have been doing. Recommend it for sure!

DG
Oct 10, 2018

Excellent course for anyone who is familiar with html, css, but cannot organise the subject in their mind. This course excellently teaches you the what is what, and how to do things in the correct way

51 - 75 of 1,778 Reviews for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

By Nazifa S N

Jul 21, 2020

I am fully satisfied with this Bootstrap4 course. I learned a lot of basics to advance skills of Bootstrap4 from this course. The instructor teaches in a very effective way and all the resources are provided nicely. Overall the course is nicely organized. I strongly recommend everyone to complete this course who are interested in designing responsive web applications.

By Maitha K

Nov 5, 2018

The course is really one of the best technical courses I've attended. It was much better than the training that was provided by my company and which was expensive. The professor explains and demonstrate in a way that is very easy to understand and implement. I've learned and applied a lot of things and gained technical skills. I will definitely recommend this course.

By Peter S

Nov 22, 2017

The first of 5 courses in the specialization. The 5 courses are 5 small shining gems: all extraordinarily well structured, up to date and to the point. The whole series is a complete overhaul of the material from an earlier specialization. The material have been updated and restructured. I took the old series, but even then the new series was worthwhile for me.

By Jose A G

Jul 30, 2017

I enjoyed this course. The professor is good and knowledgeable, and provides good links to useful information. I like how the information is up to date and is relevant to the workplace. The info provides good insight to the current developments in this area. The information taught is also deep and dedicated enough to have a good understanding of bootstrap.

By Shikhar V

This course has been by far the best of my experiences on coursera. The instructor has an art of explanation. He does it so well, started from the basics of bootstrap and alongside gave us the knowledge of several other useful pieces of code like git, npm, Less, Sass ,etc. You dit it so well Sir. I am happy that I utilized my time taking up this course.

By Abhuday M

Oct 11, 2019

Before I started this course, I thought I knew how to use Bootstrap. But man, was I wrong. The way in which the instructor explains is impeccable and there are some jokes in between which the instructor might need to improve upon (just kidding I loved those jokes).

Overall, If you're an aspiring/budding web developer this course is a must! Thank you!

By Tim P

Mar 1, 2018

This is a VERY GOOD course. You learn how to get node.js installed and running, the basic concepts of node.js, see how to tie it together with git, and than learn the basics of bootstrap. Coming from web design from 2008, these approaches are SO DIFFERENT, that just seeing how the components are used is incredibly efficient! Thanks so much!

By Cristofaro M P

Nov 26, 2020

Amazing course! please, update Gulp videos or materials in order to solve some problems with new version of Node and Gulp. Sorry for my bad english, trying to resume: I had some problem with Gulp exercise. To be solved with new Nodejs version I needed to use Async on "copyfonts" task and "gulp.series" and "gulp.parallels" on "build" task.

By Bidit U

I really wanted to take up this course and finish it at the earliest which I was able to do it quite well. The in depth explaination by the instructor is the trademark of this course. Each and every exercise is quite enough to reinforce the learnings. I am extremely satisfied with this course and looking forward to other courses as well.

By Miriam L

Apr 18, 2020

I was searching for a source to develop more Front-End skills and this course is perfect for that.

The material exposed in here is very well displayed, it's quite understandable, very useful, thoroughly and the professor is excellent.

Thank all of you for this oportunity, specially to the professor Jogesh Muppala, it is hugely worth it.

By Vivek J

Jul 13, 2020

Really great course to start web development. The external resources are just great and provide much more information on the topics. I learnt about git, which is by far the simplest tutorial on git that i have ever seen. The sections that explained npm scripts and task runners are also really great. Really looking forward to learn more.

By Berk O

Oct 29, 2020

I really liked the learning materials and the instructor's clear style. I think it gives a good overview of bootstrap and gives you a good start for learning other front-end frameworks/libraries.

Also, the practical parts like deployment and task automation or website project idea & mock-up drawing assignments were absolutely useful.

By Alexey Y

Great course that doesn't focus on the particular details of a certain technology but showcases different technologies in a way that helps you understand why such a technology is needed and how to use it on an abstract level paving the way to select the technology you seem to like the most and continue specializing on it yourself

By Sidronio L

May 23, 2019

Ótimo curso, didática diferenciada, conteúdo interessante e direto. Bom pra quem não conhece o Bootstrap e também para quem, como eu, utilizava mas não tinha uma base sólida. Os conceitos finais de Build e Deploy fecham o curso com chave de ouro. Enfim, farei os próximos cursos do programa. Obrigado aos intrutores e a Coursera.

By Ayush J

Sep 5, 2020

The content of this course was very elaborate. Learnt allot through this course. The best part about this course was that after every assignment, links to the read up on the resources were provided which helped in exploring and learning more on the content. The professor in this course is also great with a good sense of humor.

By John C F

Aug 2, 2020

This is a great course! But note this, if you were planning to take this course you should have a prior knowledge about HTML5 CSS3 and Javascript. This course was a package. It helps me a lot in my web development road map. I am struggling to find the best way to learn but after taking this, it helps me a lot. 5 star for this.

By Diego J P R

Feb 26, 2019

Great Course, Teacher shows an 'engage' attitude to deliver his knowledge.

Maybe just add some updates on the "Build and deployment" part... Got several messages that current version of some tools used there are now deprecated. (I know teacher advise us to use version specific, but still, wouldn't hurt to update it :) )

By Kurmeneva E

Jun 15, 2020

It is a good-balanced course with enough amount of a practice and a theory. And the lecturer (the professor Jogesh K. Muppala) is very nice person who has a strong ability to explain learning material, and even has good sense of humor. His jokes really helped me feel more comfortable!

I am very grateful for this course.

By Saravanan C

Apr 23, 2020

This is a role-model way of teaching and designing course assignment material. Bottom-line :- unless one understands the material they can't do the assignment and ensures learning - with decent opportunities to leverage assignment code. Many other course you tend to forget after finishing it up. Good design & delivery.

By Chetan S D

Jul 10, 2020

I think this is the best course for bootstrap.Sir jogesh k.Muppala has explain so well. This course excellently teaches you the what is what, and how to do things in the correct way.Sir also explain how to use this in real life example. Coursera also provide me financial aid for this course. I'm so thankful for that.

By susheel y

Jun 3, 2019

Excellent course.

I had learn bootstrap 4 , node.js, expres.js, mongodb from basic to advance.

Jogesh Muppala has excellent teaching skill.

he took a real world project and made all courses(MEAN STACK) on that project.

so that user's can easily catch and understand where it is used.

Thank you so much Jogesh Muppala sir.

By Igor G

Aug 26, 2017

I have experience in backend development, but vert little knowledge of UI development. This specialization definitely helps me to fill the gap.

The instructor is very engaging and knowledgable. Lots of supporting and reference material. Very interesting and relevant exercises.

Very good course, highly recommend.

By Timija F

Jan 25, 2019

Thank you, I did get a good overview of how to use bootstrap together with html. I did also get an introduction to npm which I did not use before. If you are a learner who learns well while following exercise instructions step by step to get to know the material and possibilities this course is perfect for you.

By Musa H M

Aug 26, 2018

Very helpful.

This course provides the foundation for creating a webpage by touching a great deal of the opportunities of Bootstrap 4.

Anyone who passes this course will have sufficient knowledge to continue their self-development as a web developer.

I strongly recommend this course for beginner web developers.

By Hannah A M

Nov 26, 2020

I love this course! The course covers all the basic and some advanced knowledge needed to become a front-end web developer. The lessons were presented clearly and thorough. Thank you very much for helping me enhance my skills and knowledge. After learning this course, I feel more confident and knowledgeable.