Back to Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4 by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course will give you an overview of client-side web UI frameworks, in particular Bootstrap 4. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. You will learn about CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. You will also learn the basics of Node.js and NPM and task runners like Grunt and Gulp. At the end of this course, you will be able to a)Set up, design and style a web page using Bootstrap 4 and its components, b) Create a responsive web page design, and c) Make use of web tools to setup and manage web sites. This course also includes an honors track that enables you to work on your own project developing a website using Bootstrap 4. Students enrolling in this course should have prior good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript....

AA
Dec 19, 2019

Excellent course for anyone who is familiar with html, css, but cannot organise the subject in their mind. This course excellently teaches you the what is what, and how to do things in the correct way

DG
Oct 10, 2018

1651 - 1675 of 1,879 Reviews for Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4

By Jose M Q A

Oct 5, 2018

The content is good, but I think the package versions are getting behind, I one attempt to do the capstone project with them, we might miss newer functionality or bug fixes, as well as some potential incompatibilities down the road

By George M

Mar 30, 2020

Overall, it was very well explained and easy to follow. Some of the Grunt and Gulp exercises are a bit outdated and I needed help from the Forum to get them to work with current versions of NPM. These sections should be updated.

By M M B

Jun 24, 2020

I am so glad for learning bootstrap front end technology and mainly i was focused on how bootstrap help for developing on web pages. I need to learn more about bootstrap and the way of your teaching good sir.

Thank You Sir.

By Alexandre G F

Jan 14, 2018

The content could be improved and be focused a little more and is a very USEFUL AND COMPLETE COURSE. I found very useful that includes Gulp, Sass, Git in addition to bootstrap!

Thanks to all the team that makes it possible!

By Moritz B

Apr 22, 2020

Great course, recommended to anyone and everyone. Improvements could be made to the version's of packages used as I had trouble getting some features to work...guess that's in the nature of online-education though

By Anjali s

Jun 6, 2020

The instructor is awesome. The course is a perfect blend of learning and then its application. My doubts weren't cleared on the discussion forums that's why 4 stars, else this course definitely deserves 5 stars.

By Philippe D

Jun 28, 2020

What I liked : the hands-on aspect of most of the subjects and progression pace.

What I didn't like : the GRUNT & GULP content, I found messy and not always working (in spite of precise version targetting).

By Amey M

Jul 3, 2020

The assignment checking becomes tedious as it does not download directly and it would be easier if the code is visible directly like the js files in backend course. Please do check if possible to change

By Fatima B

Oct 18, 2020

Thank You, It was a great course! Why 4? Because submissions were by screenshots, not by link. It would be better if you would include GitHub pages, and we would just submit the links and that's all)

By Sanjay S

Oct 2, 2020

One of the best courses here. The instructor is great and has a great sense of humor that keeps you hooked. Taking raw html code and making a site that looks good is a great way to teach. Thanks!

By César A G

Jul 20, 2020

Good starting point. All exercises were well explained and helped to build a website step by step. Some material needs to be updated, mainly those topics related to node modules, grunt and gulp.

By Tautvydas B

This course is great but a lot of issues appeared for me.... I was supposed to google a lot of issues that there were not even covored. With gulp I didn't finish because I couldn't fix error...

By Vaibhav G

Nov 30, 2020

The course is pretty good and You will understand all the basic and usefull features of Bootstrap quite easily although no one replies in forum neither the instructor nor the fellow student.

By Muhammad N I

Apr 30, 2020

Course curriculum is great. But some things are confusing as well. The instructor skips some modification of his code and don't explain those. These things drains a huge time for a beginner.

By Pietro P F

Nov 9, 2017

A nice entry level course presenting several technologies to develop the front end of a web application.

Maybe more JQuery / JavaScript, Sass was great and less npm scripts, grunt and gulp.

By Tanay A

Jun 26, 2020

Overall satisfied with the course syllabus and instructor. But my only negative feedback is regarding the peer reviewed assignments, as most assignments were plagiarized or incomplete.

By Michael H S

This Course has taught resilience and hard work, and through my participation, I learned many tools from bootstrap to help me design a nice and responsive website. I love this course.

By Jai K

May 12, 2020

The course has some outdated tool and technology but as a intermediate student this tools and technologies will definitely help you to grow in the full stack web development career.

By Giovane C d S

Aug 10, 2020

Very interesting and informative. I would live a more challenging assignment every week, the current ones are easily done by copying pieces of code of other parts of the page.

By CHIMA E

Mar 10, 2019

I love the follow along exercises and the assignments - they help to engage the student and test the student's understanding of the preceding subject taught by the Professor.

By Daniel M

Sep 30, 2020

I've used bootstrap since 2013 but this course was amazing, it encapsulated almost everything you can do with this incredible framework.

Awesome teacher, great exercises !

By Juan M L

Jun 15, 2019

PROS: Nice point to start, complete and well organized content.

CONS: It could be nice to have your assignments reviewed by a professional instead of other course mates.

By Manasi M W

Apr 20, 2020

This course has proved too beneficial for me. I thank coursera and instructor of this course for providing such amazing knowledge and learning platform from learners.

By Kalakonda S c

Thanks to the author. One of the best course i have ever seen. The way he teaches is awesome.

finally learned alot with this course. taking the Boostrap4 in my cart.

By Ilyes A

Apr 21, 2020

It is a great course the only thing I need to be applied is to be very serious in term of plagiarisme I find many people stile there friend works or give wrong work