Back to Brand New Brand

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brand New Brand by California Institute of the Arts

This course is the culmination of the Graphic Design Specialization and gives you an opportunity to tie together your knowledge and skills into a single project: a brand development guide for a company you will invent. This course takes you through the entire design process, from ideation to creation to presentation. Through the guide, you will be creating and giving a visual identity to an imaginary start-up company, and applying that visual identity to a number of forms. You will also develop a logotype and accompanying graphic palette to visually represent your company, as well as apply that design to a number of different applications to see it at work. Note: Only learners who have earned a certificate in the four previous courses in the Specialization are eligible to take the Capstone....

JL
Feb 23, 2017

It was great in terms of working on closer to a long-term project and even learning what a branding guide is. Plus it added to my portfolio and I got a lot more working experience with my programs.

RG
Jun 6, 2020

I thought it was great, I could definitely make use of this and apply it to the real world. Thank you for your instruction. I have a long way to go but I'm excited. Thank you for your teaching.

76 - 100 of 204 Reviews for Brand New Brand

By Vrusti J

Sep 4, 2020

Very nice experience I have. Explore new things with the help of this course. Highly recommended for who wants to learn basic graphic designs.

By Iris Q

Sep 29, 2016

Great class! It provided concrete practice for presenting one's designs and thinking about all the elements of graphic design in one project.

By Tevah P

Jul 3, 2018

This class was awesome. The scaffolded project worked really well with excellent examples and guidance. Lots of fun building useful skills.

By Anand R S

Great Learning Experience! Definitely learned many new things through the course. Great Culmination to the entire Graphics Design Course.

By Sarah G

Feb 24, 2017

I really enjoyed this class - it was a great way for us to put into practice all the interesting things we learned in the specializat

By Anna S

Oct 18, 2019

It's just a great course! Thank you for such good explanations, materials, tasks. It was a lot of fun, practice and new knowledge.

By Safa A K

Sep 7, 2019

This is a brilliant that lets you explore your design abilities while experimenting with all the ideas from the previous courses.

By Mahmudul W S

Oct 1, 2020

This course was really good. I learnt a lot from it. I would like to thank California Institute of the Art for this opportunity.

By Mamatter S

Oct 27, 2020

Great course I learn a lot about the basics of graphic design I recommend to every body that want to begin in the right way

By Christopher G

Jul 28, 2020

Really good practical and theoretical experience in helping you learn what it is like to create a brand for a real company!

By Shrayan D

Oct 19, 2020

Absolutely amazing course content and peers to help out. Had a great time learning and implementing throughout the course.

By Wahed R G

Mar 25, 2020

A Course that enabled me to review everything I learned in previous courses and apply my skills to a finished project .

By Muhammad A Y

Mar 18, 2018

i have get excellent experience to take this course thanks a lot to coursera give me this opportunity love you coursera

By Muhammad W A

Oct 4, 2020

An excellent course and specialization. All teachers and trainers are very great. Thanks a lot Coursera and CalArts.

By Eunice M A

Jul 25, 2020

Muy buen curso, perfectamente explicado y con las tareas prácticas justo para poder hacer un brand development guide

By Rui A M d S

Jun 18, 2020

This part of the course is very important because you can apply all the knowledge of the previous 4 specialisations.

By Peter O

Apr 16, 2018

Fun course - recommend to anyone who would like to start designing brand indentities for (maybe their own) business

By Aruna S

Sep 29, 2016

I always loved designing and had time only to do certification and this was a great opportunity and learnt a lot .

By Giovanny V

Feb 18, 2020

great course... complex and challenging capstone project... puts into practice every class in the specialization

By Javier G S

Feb 24, 2017

Great course, it really encourages to apply the item learned throughout the specialization, I really enjoyed it!

By Nathaniel M Z

Sep 28, 2016

Great course. Thank you team CalArts and Coursera. You have made an impact my profession as a graphic designer.

By Camila R

Apr 4, 2019

Everything I have learned was very useful and interesting! I enjoyed doing my project... An amazing course!!

By Valerie V K

Jan 16, 2019

Very interesting assignment that really challenges you to put together everything you have learned so far.

By Katrina K

Feb 21, 2020

I just wanted to thank you for the lessons.. I learned a lot and will continue to use them in the future.

By David M

Dec 19, 2019

Great opportunity to really test yourself and find out what you know and what you should work on next.