Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

251 - 275 of 1,207 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Jose I V J

May 6, 2018

Very good course. Thank you Amy and James for your good pronunciation and your complete explanation. I hope see you again. Best regards from Europe.

By Emin M

May 26, 2016

İ would like to mention that, This course was my first enrolment. I enjoy and really learn a lot of things about entrepreneurship,business plan i.e.

By Fathima F H

May 22, 2020

this is so much valuable course, i learned lot and it given me so new ideas too, i m happy i passed out the course with excellent grades, Thank you

By Karla C S H

Feb 5, 2019

This Course has been a great source of knowledge in simple words and activities, helping me encrease my vocabulary, and vision of businesses world

By yuji k

Aug 10, 2016

This course was great for me. I could gain a lot of knowledge of entrepreneurship. If there is another course like this, I will 100% sure take it.

By Hernan D O C

Jan 31, 2020

This course challenges you to learn with different kind of assessments. Information is clear and simple for an ESL student. I fully recommend it.

By abdul h y

Mar 17, 2018

very useful course, recommend to all people who want to improve their English skill beyond knowing much more about business and entrepreneurship.

By Marcelo O

Aug 9, 2020

The English course is great, clear and easy to understand. For me it was a great value and I will continue study this amazing powerful Language.

By Pankaj K

Jun 1, 2020

This course has a great content as basic of entrepreneurship like how to write business plans, how funding works, how market research works etc.

By Nacarid R

Mar 3, 2019

It is a very didactic and simple course for learning. It goes to the grain and helps you improve your English in English. I recommend it

Thank!

By ehab.kamal

Aug 19, 2017

This course is really essential for every entrepreneur since it'll give you the spark which ignite your impassion and make your engine roars :-)

By Ivan I

Nov 18, 2020

Excellent course, it gives you a plenty of tools to improve english language skills and how to analize the entrepreneurship world. Thank you!!!

By Luiza P

May 2, 2020

I'd like to thank for such a brief and productive course which improved not only the language skills but also the knowledge of business itself.

By Áureo N

Jan 12, 2017

The very best course ever, thanks to our Teachers, who helped us in every way possible regarding the course materials up to projects with it.

AN

By Sacredelyn Y M

Jun 21, 2020

Aside from learning proper English language and grammar I also learned a lot of things about business and entrepreneurship. Thank you so much!

By Giulia S

Jun 3, 2020

The course materials are extremely clear and contents are really useful to improve your basic knowledge of business environment. Great course!

By Polina T

Jun 6, 2020

Thank you kindly for all the information on this wonderful course. I will definitely continue studying business and entrepreneurship further.

By Anastasia G

May 14, 2020

I had so much fun doing the survey and business plan writing. Really looking forward to be writing my real business plan for future business.

By Passakorn C

May 26, 2016

This course is very great.it has more knowledge but through the course is fun that me make me concentrate during learning with out boredom

By nicole

Oct 11, 2020

this course has fulfilled me satisfactorily and helped me to solve shortcomings, as well as learning new words in Eglish,thank you very much

By Kajal A

Jul 9, 2020

I JUST LOVED THE WAYS I WAS BEING TAUGHT EACH AND EVERY SINGLE THING THEY THOUGHT I FELT LIKE THEY WERE MY MENTORS THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING.

By Mawuenam A

This course is very simple to follow. The games and quizes make it easy to quickly learn new concepts. I had an amazing learning experience.

By Subbot Z

Jun 4, 2020

It was very productive and interesting course. I have known a lot of new things that will be useful in my future life. Thank you very much!

By Alexia P A G

Apr 15, 2019

Me gusto mucho este curso ya que pude aprender nuevas cosas relacionadas con lo que estoy estudiando y las actividades son muy entretenidas

By Aparna

Mar 1, 2018

Course is helpful but I could not do recording exercises . Wish some alternate exercises for video/audio assignments could have been given.