Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

176 - 200 of 1,171 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By ELODIE S

Feb 6, 2018

Very enriching class, well-structured and organized, relying on a task-based method in order to improve your English. The way it is constructed is really motivating and rewarding.

By Nabil A

Sep 25, 2020

First of all thank you so much for having me in this course which is very useful and rich with business information skills that is new for me .Also the course was easy and clear

By shubham k

Jun 3, 2020

This was a financial aid course for me and i thanks to my instructor

for giving and sharing their knowledge with us.

I recommend this course for all who want to be entrepreneur.

By Ali

It was a fruitful, organized and a lot of fun. The teacher's performance is outstanding and I would love to take other courses presented by them. Thank you for your hard work.

By Charly J

I really liked this online course the way that they presented, it was so enriching. I'm sure that I will use all the knowledge that they provided in the future and in my life.

By 王柯翔

Jun 6, 2016

I haven't learned this course yet and this is my first time to use Coursera .I have learned course one ,part one .I feel excellent and I think this course can help me ,Thanks!

By Luisamaría T S F

May 25, 2017

Amazing, very informative and detailed, it has helped me a lot to improve in my online marketing strategies. I really loved the contents, the games, everything! Thanks a lot!

By Purnachandra P N

This is an amazing course for beginners like me who wants to be an entrepreneur and start there own business.

The course language is very easy to understand.

Thanks, everyone.

By Eslyn H

Sep 23, 2018

amazing course learned different facets of business. Becoming an entrepreneur, Identifying opportunity, Creating a business plan, Attracting Investors and Financial Support.

By Prabhu

Feb 24, 2018

Great Course to improve the knowledge about Business and Entrepreneurship.I am very privileged to do this course.Thank you coursera and thank you University of pennsylvania.

By Đông Q V

Nov 24, 2016

this course is very helpfull and is such an effective way for non-native learner like me have more knowledges and vocabulary about business. Thank you guys for this course.

By ALEJANDRA C L

Very well made this course, The videos are short and easy to understand, teachers speak paused in order we can listen and comprehend . Thanks very much, I enjoyed it a lot.

By Nguyen T T L L

Apr 26, 2020

It's more than what I expected. The course not only facilitates us to catch up with business languages, but also gives basic knowledge of making a business plan. Thank you!

By Pratap L K

Mar 28, 2020

Great Course, I really would like to thank Pro.Amy Nichols, James Riedel and Executive Director for offering this course. I would strongly recommend this course to anyone.

By Manav K

Jun 24, 2020

The course was very useful for me. Thanks lo Coursera to provide me this wonderful course for free.

The teaching method was amazing and they covered lots of good points.

By antonio c p c

Aug 6, 2020

The course was an excellent learning opportunity.

The content and presentation of the both instructors were wonderfull. I enjoy it. Tank you!

By khaing s

Jun 21, 2020

Thank you very much courser.org and instructors.After I completed this course,I get improvement of English language skill and too much knowledge of basic business idea.

By Truong X D

May 5, 2020

I think this course helps me a lot, my writing skill and my knowledge is improved. Thank for your authors to create this course and hope it will help more user like me.

By Danijel M

Apr 26, 2020

This is the first course I attended and completed entirely online. Thank you on the great language and business course! I will recommend it to anyone who is interested.

By Fred K L

Dec 2, 2019

Very well made, has a lot of basic knowledge well presented with fun exercises. You don't immediately need to be an entrepreneur for this course, its good for everyone.

By isabel a c

Dec 12, 2019

Clear and brief course about this topic.

Highly recommended to learn in English in this area.

Excellent explanations, great videos and graphics and enjoyable exercises.

By Shreya C

Mar 19, 2019

The course is very easy and has helped me understand various topics which were unclear before. thank you coursera for making it available for people across the world.

By Andres P M

Oct 9, 2016

Excelente opción si lo que quieres es mejorar tus habilidades en el idioma ingles, así como adquirir conocimiento para poder desarrollar un negocio. 100% recomendable!

By Jose M G M

Buen curso, enseña conceptos básicos importantes, da ejemplos bastante claros de como se podría empezar un negocio, las lecturas son claras y con relación a los temas

By Ashot B

Mar 17, 2020

While the course seems as easy, it is full of important and useful information and knowledge. I highly recommend it especially for the people who starts the business.