Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

176 - 200 of 1,370 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Beatriz B

Aug 22, 2019

Really helpful and a life changing experience since it opened a new world of possibilities for my projects. Before it I never thought about entrepreneurship as an option for myself, now this has changed. Thanks

By Chinanan C

Aug 13, 2017

The course is very good for starter. I can understand easier without any background of Entrepreneurship.

From Videos, I can listen to pronunciation of each word which I never heard before. It is totally perfect.

By SILVIA V S C

Dec 23, 2020

excelente curso, si usted está interesado en aprender inglés, su nivel no es prinicipiante... este es un curso muy bueno, lleno de vocabulario, ameno, lo invito a aprender sobre emprendimiento, mercadeo, etc.

By Kei S

Whereas you learn about Business, you learn English. Even with basic English is possible to finish the course, learning both. The teachaers are veri good. Speak so clear and the weeks are very well organized.

By Maria F S H

Apr 8, 2021

It was challenging but fun! Honestly, I enjoyed my journey in this course... Thank you Coursera, University of Pennsylvania including our professors and guests! This course is highly recommendable to others.

By Luis O S M

May 14, 2020

Excelente Curso lo recomiendo, fue mi primer curso y me quedaron ganas de seguir obteniendo certificaciones, lo recomiendo demasiado, profesores expertos en el tema y muy buenos.

FELICIDADES Y MUCHAS GRACIAS.

By Darshan P

May 2, 2020

I really impressed by the course and I learnt a lot of things from this course about improving English and business strategies. I am really thankful to the faculty and the University of Penn for this course.

By Lana B

Jun 22, 2016

Great course ! Easy, well structured, I also enjoyed different reading tasks for intermediate and advanced levels. Short videos, various types of tasks to complete - readings, quizzes, audios and videos etc.

By Anderson B P

May 4, 2020

A great course. I learned how to be even more confident about my english skills, and how to organize and plan a business strategy, making clear to me how to avoid common mistakes in an entrepreneurship way.

By Sueudo G

Apr 10, 2020

I thought sensational, the content was clear and easy to understand, I got to put my knwledg in prove and test if I hadunderstood completely. The classmates help me also e and the teachers were incredibles.

By Andrés F V V

Jul 5, 2020

It is a good course for people who wants to learn new basic business vocabulary and have new business templates for doing a survey, a business plan, and an elevator pitch. I strongly recommend this course.

By Leandro F

Jan 21, 2020

Great contents and great professors. An entertaining way of improving vocabulary while learning business strategies, common entrepreneurship practices, and ways of adding impact to my speech. Great course!

By Ira I

Nov 21, 2019

Great course, teachers explain, everything is accessible and understandable. I learned a lot from this course. Even if you do not know English very well, everything is understood.

By Daniela R A

Mar 10, 2021

This course was very helpful for me, I liked how the professors explained all the subjects during the course, also I learned a lot of new vocabulary related with business. I truly recommend this course.

By Jacky H

May 7, 2017

This course is great. There are basic articles and advanced articles, and you can choose.

That makes it easy for non-native English speakers to understand.

I hope people would make courses like this more.

By Douglas B

Mar 7, 2018

Very Comprehensive step by step way of teaching and learning outside the classroom. I have learnt alot.

About the Certificate, not all of us can afford it, so if you could do something about it. Thanks

By Alejandra L

Jan 29, 2021

Its a great opportunity for no native speakers to learn about how to create a business plan from the begining to the end, and at the same time, learn vocabulary about the same. I'm so happy with it!

By Petrov A Y

Nov 26, 2016

It's a very helpful course. I've learned many new words and got acquaintance with entrepreneurship. I strongly advise other coursera students to try this course. Thanks to the perfect instructors.

By Julian G O

Oct 5, 2020

It's a great business english course because the teachers share you vocabulary, sentences, strategies, examples and excercises to better your english and entrepreneurship business skills.

Thanks!

By Wakana M

May 18, 2016

We can learn not only Basicaly English but also Business and Entreprneurship.Thank you for kindness staffs and classmatesHowever you needs computer , Android application software is not perfect.

By Jehison E B P

Jul 19, 2020

Es un curso muy bueno para los no hablantes. Me divertí mucho con cada una de las actividades y los vídeos, los cuales están cargados de mucho conocimiento. Gracias a Coursera y la Universidad.

By Francesca G

Apr 28, 2020

This was a very interesting course. The teachers are very clear and the lessons are short so people can stop or continue in any time. I will strong recommend Coursera courses to all my friends.

By TARCISIO S

Sep 19, 2021

I​ felt so excited with this course because it helped me to learn new vocabulary in English and I could to practice interesting topics about Business and Entrepreneurship. Thank you so much!

By Haroon A

Aug 2, 2019

excellent course , contains various skills such as language skills ,business skills : plan , marketing , fund raising skills , and enterpreneurship skills ,thank you so much for this course

By Lucas D C G

Mar 31, 2021

Curso muito bom, ideal para aqueles que ainda estão começando nos negócios e no idioma. Pode ser considerado um primeiro passo para aqueles que querem começar por aqui na plataforma também.