Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

N

Jun 19, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

LK

Mar 01, 2020

With this course, I can have more knowledge in doing business, starting from having ideas to having funds and operating the startup. Hope to learn more about business process through other course.

76 - 100 of 988 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Sayed M A

Apr 07, 2020

It’s was awesome being studying with lecturer of University of Pennsylvania. I learnt much more what I was expected and have a good courage know to speak or explain my entrepreneual skill. Thank to Coursera for providing this course for free. Thankyou👏👏👍

By Md. S P

Jun 13, 2020

This was my first course in the online platform. And it was a fantastic journey. I have changed the timeline twice though but finally completed and learned a lot. The instructors were fascinating.

Thanks to Coursera for offering such a wonderful course.

By Sibu V

Beautiful Course - Stretched the learning capability to make it challenging enough to engage, learn, and complete. Provides useful information, additional learning case studies/articles fo those who are keen on going deeper into the subject. Thank you.

By Youssef M H

Nov 25, 2018

It was fantastic course, I've learned many things, not only my english skills have been improved but also my business vocabulary, skillsm and techinques have been improved.

Thank Pennsylvania University and all people have worked in this amazing course.

By Leonardo J P M

Jun 22, 2016

Its a great Idea to establish the steep about How I can do to start a business, development an Idea and to create the structure of this, and to grow the business plan. This Course is excellent to help the entrepreneurs, thank you for you knowledge.

By Teddy E I

Oct 11, 2017

this is most important knoldge i earn from pensilvenia University and i love it. it helped me to have a new look in my business and now am geting better with a successfull company. thank You Teachers for the big you are achieving in this course...

By ifonlyella

Jul 10, 2017

Worth it, it's a very inspiring course, learning english as well as gaining fast understanding of Business and entrepreneurship. The biz template given is also very helpful. I really like the professor and wish to follow more courses of them.

By Kodithuwakkugei D U

I am so lucky to that I found and do this course .really I enjoy it ..I get a lot of knowledge to learn this course and I learned what is the entrepreneur? How to become a enterprener in the local market.

Really that is very excellent course...

By Dasakumar

May 08, 2020

This is exceled course. I have many experiences in business, but I was not confident in English. Now, I completed a course in English. I would like to try learning more during this corvid 19 crises about modern business in English. Thank you!

By Bladimir R

Jan 14, 2018

Proporciona los conocimientos teóricos necesarios para poner en marcha un negocio, ademas al ser proporcionado por una de las universidades mas prestigiosas del mundo abre oportunidades de emprendimiento en cualquier país o region del mundo.

By HADI G N

The course was very useful fo me because in a simple way I understood BP and how can I persuade someone else to finance my project.

really I would like to thank you and tell you that I continue to listen to your videos to out it in ly mind.

By Flavio D

Aug 09, 2016

The courses were very interesting and I learn a lot of new vocabulary, phrases and all about entrepreneurship. They were the best teachers I have ever met, very well spoken so i understood every word. I recommend to all Brazilian students.

By Keiko A

Apr 29, 2020

I enjoyed very much this course. I have many experiences in international business, but I was not confident in English. Now, I completed a course in English. I would like to try learning more about modern business in English. Thank you!

By Yuduan L

Jun 23, 2016

This course is very useful and practical. It helps me understand how to write a business plan and how to

persuade investors. Furthermore, It also helps me idenfity which kind of investors are suitable for me.

Good course, Thanks a lot.

By safa s

May 15, 2020

English for business and Entrepreneurship was a great opportunity to improve my english skills as well as knowledge about businesses and start-ups. It helped me boost my writing skills and review some grammatical english structures.

By Yelena H

Apr 16, 2018

I liked this course very much. It was very organized and informative course for improving my English and Business skills . I learnt a lot of new things about starting new business and how to find funding for it.Thank You so much! :)

By Omid H

Jun 20, 2016

I admitted in this Course , and I completed it. I would like to say that this course is the great course to improve our English skills. Even more, this course is the best way to start studying business for whom interested on business.

By Braa O O A

Nov 30, 2018

I liked the way you give us information and had much useful experience and I look forward to complete this course and willing to have my (MBA) in university of Pennsylvania

I hope if I had an scholarship in university of Pennsylvania

By José M

Jun 23, 2020

It is my first course in Coursera and it was very exciting and well explained! It helped me a lot with my listening and pronunciation! Full recomended for all thes people who want to learn someting else and improve their english!

By Carla I M M

This course helped me to not be so nervous when talking to my English speakers clients in my daily work. I want to be an entrepreneur so this basics concept helped me a lot, for starting to get my ideas to become true.

Thank u!!!

By Kathleen K I G

Jul 05, 2020

The teaching is very precise and informative. Now, I am more confident and aware of the core ideas about business and entrepreneurship. A very big hands to the instructors of University of Pennsylvania! You guys were amazing!

By Mateus F B

Jun 04, 2020

Congratulations to Amy Nichols and James Riedel for this course. Your iniciative can help many people arround the world to improve their english, increasing their opportunities. Thank you!

Mateus Barbosa, from Sao Paulo, Brazil

By RICARDO J C G

Jun 11, 2020

It was an excellent course, not only did I learn English, which is very valuable, but I also learned how to start a business project, it is very good, I want to continue learning more from entrepreneurs, thank you teachers!

By Hamdy M A

Nov 19, 2016

very awesome course , really I have learned a lot of skills and techniques that will certainly help me , thank you so much . I'm so grateful to you coursera and university of Pennsylvania , i appreciate your great efforts

By Bonny C

Feb 17, 2018

The course video is easy to follow especially when it is broken down to clips less than 10 minutes, I can also find time to learn. The homework is interesting, very helpful to remember some key ideas of Entrepreneurship.