Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

126 - 150 of 1,207 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Carla I M M

This course helped me to not be so nervous when talking to my English speakers clients in my daily work. I want to be an entrepreneur so this basics concept helped me a lot, for starting to get my ideas to become true.

Thank u!!!

By Kathleen K I G

Jul 5, 2020

The teaching is very precise and informative. Now, I am more confident and aware of the core ideas about business and entrepreneurship. A very big hands to the instructors of University of Pennsylvania! You guys were amazing!

By Mateus F B

Jun 3, 2020

Congratulations to Amy Nichols and James Riedel for this course. Your iniciative can help many people arround the world to improve their english, increasing their opportunities. Thank you!

Mateus Barbosa, from Sao Paulo, Brazil

By Marcelo D

Sep 12, 2020

This course is a great tool to improve your english skills while learning effective ways to write a business plan and pitch your own enterprise. Besides, it was fun, and made me more confident about my knowledge and skills.

By Ricardo J C G

Jun 11, 2020

It was an excellent course, not only did I learn English, which is very valuable, but I also learned how to start a business project, it is very good, I want to continue learning more from entrepreneurs, thank you teachers!

By Miguel A R V

Oct 14, 2020

Es un excelente curso que no solo te enseña el idioma ingles aplicado a negocios y emprendimiento, sino también te ofrece información sobre como emprender y estructurar un negocio desde su redacción como plan de negocios.

By Lawanya R

Aug 13, 2020

This course is super amazing it helped me excel my skills and elevated my confidence as well which is the most prime thing in this high paced world, Thank you for offering me the opportunity to be the part of this course.

By Hamdy M A

Nov 19, 2016

very awesome course , really I have learned a lot of skills and techniques that will certainly help me , thank you so much . I'm so grateful to you coursera and university of Pennsylvania , i appreciate your great efforts

By Bonny C

Feb 17, 2018

The course video is easy to follow especially when it is broken down to clips less than 10 minutes, I can also find time to learn. The homework is interesting, very helpful to remember some key ideas of Entrepreneurship.

By Nibir H

We (me and my wife) have started a new software company in Germany and we were facing some problems. This course helped a lot to learn many new important topics are relatively unknown to me. I simply loved this program.

By Ajay P

Great course for beginners to know how business and startup environment works. It will teach you necessary English and terms related to business,plus all essential methods to grow and promote your service/product idea.

By Maria F L A

It was an excellent oportunitty to learn more about business and entrepreneurship, It was a great solution to know more about the idea to make a business plan and at the same time learn more about the english language.

By Viviane R F

Jul 24, 2020

I have no words to describe how much this course meant to me. I feel much more confident to walk alone with the tools and support I received. Thanks to the instructors Amy Nichols and James Riedel. You are the best!!!

By Aneel K

Dec 30, 2019

I really enjoyed learning and improving my business and entrepreneurship skills, and completed my assessments with fun. Thank you for creating such a engaging and interesting course.

Best regards,

Aneel Kumar

03412888249

By Phuong M V

Jun 19, 2016

This course is very easy to follow with structured syllabus, nice videos and great assignment. Highly recommend for those who starts learning about Entrepreneurship with the beginning or intermediate level of English!

By Emma A

Jun 4, 2017

very good i course that introduces business language for someone unfamiliar with the business world. i would definitely recommend this course for someone without a business background. Great work by the instructors

By Hyunsook K

Jun 17, 2016

This course is very organized and well planned with various technique for stimulating students' interests. I highly recommend people who consider for working with or opening one's own business to English speakers.

By Khánh V

Aug 24, 2018

a really good course. I like this course too much. I think this is a very essential knowledge for beginning a business. Thank a lot both of you, Amy Nichols and James Riedel. Hope you have a great and happy life.

By Meiry A F d S

Mar 18, 2020

It was an amazing online course. It is very helpful in our day to day business. Great texts/news shared about examples of successful entrepreneurship. I learnt a lot in the class, which was very well explained.

By Vighnesh N

Aug 30, 2019

This a very helpful course for beginners who have to build career in business and entrepreneurship. As I am first time using coursera its very simple and effective learning platform for students.Thanks Coursera.

By Edilio U A

This course, English for Business and Entrepreneurship is excellent. I thank the University of Pennsivania for this valuable resource. I learned more English and the basic tools to be a successful entrepreneur.

By Beatriz B

Aug 22, 2019

Really helpful and a life changing experience since it opened a new world of possibilities for my projects. Before it I never thought about entrepreneurship as an option for myself, now this has changed. Thanks

By Chinanan C

Aug 13, 2017

The course is very good for starter. I can understand easier without any background of Entrepreneurship.

From Videos, I can listen to pronunciation of each word which I never heard before. It is totally perfect.

By SILVIA V S C

Dec 23, 2020

excelente curso, si usted está interesado en aprender inglés, su nivel no es prinicipiante... este es un curso muy bueno, lleno de vocabulario, ameno, lo invito a aprender sobre emprendimiento, mercadeo, etc.

By Kei S

Whereas you learn about Business, you learn English. Even with basic English is possible to finish the course, learning both. The teachaers are veri good. Speak so clear and the weeks are very well organized.