Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

226 - 250 of 1,287 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Manav K

Jun 24, 2020

The course was very useful for me. Thanks lo Coursera to provide me this wonderful course for free.

The teaching method was amazing and they covered lots of good points.

By Jennifer C

Mar 31, 2021

Thank you! This English for Business and Entrepreneurship training is very informative and helpful, moreover a great opportunity to start a successful business someday.

By antonio c p c

Aug 6, 2020

The course was an excellent learning opportunity.

The content and presentation of the both instructors were wonderfull. I enjoy it. Tank you!

By khaing s

Jun 21, 2020

Thank you very much courser.org and instructors.After I completed this course,I get improvement of English language skill and too much knowledge of basic business idea.

By Truong X D

May 5, 2020

I think this course helps me a lot, my writing skill and my knowledge is improved. Thank for your authors to create this course and hope it will help more user like me.

By Danijel M

Apr 26, 2020

This is the first course I attended and completed entirely online. Thank you on the great language and business course! I will recommend it to anyone who is interested.

By Fred K L

Dec 2, 2019

Very well made, has a lot of basic knowledge well presented with fun exercises. You don't immediately need to be an entrepreneur for this course, its good for everyone.

By Anna G

Dec 11, 2020

I really enjoyed the English for Business and Entrepreneurship course, improving my business planning and english speaking skills. Thank you a lot for the opportunity!

By isabel a c

Dec 12, 2019

Clear and brief course about this topic.

Highly recommended to learn in English in this area.

Excellent explanations, great videos and graphics and enjoyable exercises.

By Shreya C

Mar 19, 2019

The course is very easy and has helped me understand various topics which were unclear before. thank you coursera for making it available for people across the world.

By Andres P M

Oct 9, 2016

Excelente opción si lo que quieres es mejorar tus habilidades en el idioma ingles, así como adquirir conocimiento para poder desarrollar un negocio. 100% recomendable!

By Jose M G M

Buen curso, enseña conceptos básicos importantes, da ejemplos bastante claros de como se podría empezar un negocio, las lecturas son claras y con relación a los temas

By Ashot B

Mar 17, 2020

While the course seems as easy, it is full of important and useful information and knowledge. I highly recommend it especially for the people who starts the business.

By Marina S

May 28, 2018

Thank you for the information you have given me!It is very helpful for me and I hope this course will help me in finding the new perspectives in my career development

By Carolina C

Jun 3, 2020

A very complete course, I developed more the ear, the reading, and I am happy to have finished it. Thanks to the instructors because they show empathy and closeness.

By HENA A I

It was an excellent opportunity to improve my English, as well as to learn how to do a survey, make a business plan and a pitch.

The teachers , both speak very clear

By Francisco J C R

Jul 5, 2020

Un curso excelente, con docentes de primer nivel, que permite mejorar las habilidades en el manejo del idioma inglés, así como en el manejo de lenguaje de negocios.

By Hrishikesh H P

Jun 19, 2019

Very nice course to know about Business & Entrepreneurship. It also covers the English vocabulary part. Newspaper readings & questionnaires related to it is given.

By Enkhsaihan E

Mar 27, 2021

I really enjoyed learning and improving my business and entrepreneurship skills, and completed my assessments with fun. Thank you for creating interesting course.

By Adriana C

Sep 11, 2017

Great course, I could not finished because of my work, I just only had pending few videos. Is there any possibility to finished those videos? Thank you in advance.

By Mary W

Oct 25, 2020

Thank you to James Riedel and Amy Nichols for an introduction to business and entrepreneurship, I found the topics interesting and enjoyed learning from you both.

By Shauvik B

Jun 10, 2020

The course gives good introduction about business and entrepreneurship. It also aims at improving our English skills. It was extremely helpful for me. Thank you.

By Arc M D

Jun 30, 2020

Thank you very much, I learned so much from this course. It's really a good course to take before starting a business. I also have practiced my English as well.

By Namrata C

Apr 21, 2020

I would recommend this course for those who want to start a business. The course material and structure are very helpful and well organized. Thank you so much.