Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

N

Jun 19, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

LK

Mar 01, 2020

With this course, I can have more knowledge in doing business, starting from having ideas to having funds and operating the startup. Hope to learn more about business process through other course.

176 - 200 of 968 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Nkululeko N

Sep 02, 2019

I must say, my time was never wasted, but instead I am more equipped with knowledge and the skill that I've never thought I would ever attain in my entire life.

By Dinmukhamed J

Jan 20, 2018

One of the best courses I have ever took! Thank you very much for such amazing experience. I really appreciate what you have done. Warm regards from Kazakhstan.

By Jenny D D V

it was an amazing opportunity to improve my english and also learn the terminology use in the business and entrepreneurship. Thank you so much to the teachers.

By Константинов В

Mar 20, 2017

It was the perfect opotunity to learn more about business sphere and of cause to take part for studing at University of Pennsyvenia. I was fully glad to do it.

By Shubham K S

Jul 02, 2020

In a first look at the course, I thought this course is only about English but at the end of the course, I learned so much and got some great business ideas.

By Ketila C d S

Apr 27, 2020

It's a great opportunity to get knowledge in English language as well as in the business content.

Even been a foreign I could get all content. Very Happy! =)

By Julija P

Nov 15, 2016

This course was for me as an interesting and exciting adventure in a business area in english. Amy and James thank you very much for knowledges that you gave!

By Eduard K

Apr 22, 2020

this course was for me interesting, I have gotten a considerable basement of knowledge and business stories in this course motivated me to open own business

By David S

Jun 10, 2018

Very good. I learned too much basic knowledge about entrepreneurship and Business. This is o helpful for me to apply for a job that requires basic english.

By Кобзарева К В

I liked everything that was in this course. Big thanks to our teachers. Everything was very clear and interesting. Now I am very encouraged to learn more.

By Marie C M

it was a best learning experience. I learn a lot. I enrich my english vocabularies. I improve my business and entrepreneurship knowlegde.

By Zulkifli

Very helpful, Enroll and learn for free and you can choose whether you want to grab the certificate with some of Dollar or just learn for free completely

By Lucas M O

Apr 04, 2020

A simultaneously very accessible and comprehensive course, for English and Business learners to begin their journeys or to revisit some essential topics

By Geandra S d S F

Jun 21, 2016

I am in love for this course. Unfortunately, in the first week I did not had much time to study and know I am late, but I will certainly catch up rhythm.

By Oraya S

Mar 23, 2020

I have learned a lot of technical vocabulary that are extremely useful for my future career. I am gain more confidence and knowledge due to this course.

By Ayako S Y

Jun 27, 2016

This is great course for both Entrepreneurship learning and English.

I was happy to have a opportunity to learn those with wonderful teachers.

From Tokyo.

By Kuan H L U

Jun 18, 2016

Excelente curso para no nativos del idioma inglés, y que quieran tener mayor entendimientos en los negocios, y del vocabulario necesario para el mismo.

By Pattira P

Apr 10, 2020

Really good course ever I had learn this course before when I was in the uni but I don't understand but this course make me understand more thank you.

By Yuliya C

Oct 16, 2019

Курс дал практические навыки составления упрощенной модели бизнес плана, понимание роли предпринимателя, и помог в составлении 60 - 90 секундной речи

By Shifat-E-Monzur

Mar 30, 2019

very interactive and valuable course. learned many things. Special thanks to the awesome course teachers. Wishing them a very good future. thank you.

By Edil A

Sep 11, 2017

is a very exciting course, thanks for the class and with this i have more skills for understand the english of business, the teachers are very good.

By Jessica J B B

Jun 14, 2020

This was an amazing course, I could learn a lot about basic business process, my vocabulary totally improved, the instructors very good, not boring.

By Ivan G

May 09, 2020

Very like this course. Very helpful for international people as well who want to understand the basics of the business and steps to be entrepreneur.

By Jose I V J

May 06, 2018

Very good course. Thank you Amy and James for your good pronunciation and your complete explanation. I hope see you again. Best regards from Europe.