Back to English for Business and Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Business and Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Business and Entrepreneurship, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in learning more about the global business economy. In this course, you will learn about topics and language necessary to succeed in the international workplace. You will explore business English through authentic readings and video lectures, while learning about business vocabulary, concepts, and issues. Unit 1 will provide an introduction to entrepreneurship by examining ideas, products, and opportunities. In unit 2, you will learn about the basics of market research, including how to identify an opportunity. The next unit in the course will focus on business plans, why these plans are important, and will give you a chance to practice composing a business plan. In the final unit of the course, we will present basics for funding a business and will help you create a persuasive presentation, or pitch, based on a business plan. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

DA
Oct 1, 2020

All thanks to Mrs Nichols and Mr. Redeil.\n\nI am looking forword to be in physical touch with Mrs. Nichol and Mr. Redeil. , I have lernt so much from them and their education method was so effective.

N
Jun 18, 2020

This is a great course and best opportunity for anyone who wish to start business. A knowledge and skill imparted in this course will definitely help anyone to start a business and become successful

201 - 225 of 1,176 Reviews for English for Business and Entrepreneurship

By Ashot B

Mar 17, 2020

While the course seems as easy, it is full of important and useful information and knowledge. I highly recommend it especially for the people who starts the business.

By Marina S

May 28, 2018

Thank you for the information you have given me!It is very helpful for me and I hope this course will help me in finding the new perspectives in my career development

By carolina c

Jun 3, 2020

A very complete course, I developed more the ear, the reading, and I am happy to have finished it. Thanks to the instructors because they show empathy and closeness.

By HENA A I

It was an excellent opportunity to improve my English, as well as to learn how to do a survey, make a business plan and a pitch.

The teachers , both speak very clear

By Francisco J C R

Jul 5, 2020

Un curso excelente, con docentes de primer nivel, que permite mejorar las habilidades en el manejo del idioma inglés, así como en el manejo de lenguaje de negocios.

By Hrishikesh H P

Jun 19, 2019

Very nice course to know about Business & Entrepreneurship. It also covers the English vocabulary part. Newspaper readings & questionnaires related to it is given.

By Adriana C

Sep 11, 2017

Great course, I could not finished because of my work, I just only had pending few videos. Is there any possibility to finished those videos? Thank you in advance.

By Mary W

Oct 25, 2020

Thank you to James Riedel and Amy Nichols for an introduction to business and entrepreneurship, I found the topics interesting and enjoyed learning from you both.

By Shauvik B

Jun 10, 2020

The course gives good introduction about business and entrepreneurship. It also aims at improving our English skills. It was extremely helpful for me. Thank you.

By Arc M D

Jun 30, 2020

Thank you very much, I learned so much from this course. It's really a good course to take before starting a business. I also have practiced my English as well.

By Namrata C

Apr 21, 2020

I would recommend this course for those who want to start a business. The course material and structure are very helpful and well organized. Thank you so much.

By Nkululeko N

Sep 2, 2019

I must say, my time was never wasted, but instead I am more equipped with knowledge and the skill that I've never thought I would ever attain in my entire life.

By Dinmukhamed J

Jan 20, 2018

One of the best courses I have ever took! Thank you very much for such amazing experience. I really appreciate what you have done. Warm regards from Kazakhstan.

By Juan A P R

Oct 12, 2020

Nice course for learning English language applied to business and entrepreneurial development issues.

Good material, great videos and well focused explanations!

By Lars B

Jul 6, 2020

This course was so helpful! I am from Germany and English is not my native language. But this course is easy to understand and to follow along. Thanks so much!

By Jenny D D V

it was an amazing opportunity to improve my english and also learn the terminology use in the business and entrepreneurship. Thank you so much to the teachers.

By Константинов В

Mar 20, 2017

It was the perfect opotunity to learn more about business sphere and of cause to take part for studing at University of Pennsyvenia. I was fully glad to do it.

By Asif u k

Nov 2, 2020

An excellent course about Business and Entrepreneurship. I've finally found such rationalized and updated information after a long time.

Thank you very much!

By Shubham K S

Jul 2, 2020

In a first look at the course, I thought this course is only about English but at the end of the course, I learned so much and got some great business ideas.

By Ketila C d S

Apr 27, 2020

It's a great opportunity to get knowledge in English language as well as in the business content.

Even been a foreign I could get all content. Very Happy! =)

By Julija P

Nov 15, 2016

This course was for me as an interesting and exciting adventure in a business area in english. Amy and James thank you very much for knowledges that you gave!

By Eduard K

Apr 22, 2020

this course was for me interesting, I have gotten a considerable basement of knowledge and business stories in this course motivated me to open own business

By David S

Jun 10, 2018

Very good. I learned too much basic knowledge about entrepreneurship and Business. This is o helpful for me to apply for a job that requires basic english.

By Кобзарева К В

I liked everything that was in this course. Big thanks to our teachers. Everything was very clear and interesting. Now I am very encouraged to learn more.