Back to C++ For C Programmers, Part A

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C++ For C Programmers, Part A by University of California, Santa Cruz

4.4

This course is for experienced C programmers who want to program in C++. The examples and exercises require a basic understanding of algorithms and object-oriented software....

CA
Dec 19, 2019

I liked it, it costed me a little because I am not a C programmer with big experience, and this course I feel is focused on C programmers that want to know how to "translate" their code to C++

HS
May 5, 2020

Just right for programmers seeking to update their skills to the new V11 C++. I recommend getting the book by the author that helps along with a text or Coursera course on Algorithms.

376 - 400 of 565 Reviews for C++ For C Programmers, Part A

By Pratik p

Jun 7, 2020

Good

By BITTU K

Jun 3, 2020

good

By Yu G

Jun 3, 2020

good

By anurag s

Good

By Liwansh s

good

By Pragya T

May 22, 2020

good

By HASHIR M

good

By Kratin M

Good

By G H K

Good

By Garima A

Good

By KHAGESH K D

May 13, 2020

good

By Chaitanya S T

May 13, 2020

good

By HARSHITA K

May 8, 2020

good

By Grandhi r

May 6, 2020

good

By madhu s

May 3, 2020

good

By RAMANALA N

May 2, 2020

Good

By Talla B

May 2, 2020

Good

By David F M N

Dec 28, 2019

Nice

By Divya J

Jul 19, 2018

good

By Adarsh k

Jul 18, 2018

Good

By SINGH V V

Jul 8, 2018

GOOD

By Taiga N

Mar 29, 2016

Jul 16, 2020

!

By Pietro P

Oct 14, 2016

The course is good and exercises are not trivial, the teacher speaks very slowly but this is to accommodate not native English speakers and I find it to be fair.

The course mixes a bit of graph theory with the teaching of the C++ language and I reckon that to be a good idea as it makes you solving non trivial problems thus stressing the C++ topics covered during the lecture, that would not have been the case if problems were simpler.

The only big limit I see in the course is the grading system as the peer-review system does not work very well as the student's preparation is very uneven, you can't expect much more from an on-line course though.

To draw a conclusion I had the sense of having learned something at the end of the course, which is rewarding, I really appreciate the work you are doing in striving to provide the best knowledge to everybody, I think it is a small revolution.