Back to C++ For C Programmers, Part A

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C++ For C Programmers, Part A by University of California, Santa Cruz

4.4

This course is for experienced C programmers who want to program in C++. The examples and exercises require a basic understanding of algorithms and object-oriented software....

CA

Dec 20, 2019

I liked it, it costed me a little because I am not a C programmer with big experience, and this course I feel is focused on C programmers that want to know how to "translate" their code to C++

HS

May 06, 2020

Just right for programmers seeking to update their skills to the new V11 C++. I recommend getting the book by the author that helps along with a text or Coursera course on Algorithms.

526 - 542 of 542 Reviews for C++ For C Programmers, Part A

By kshitija r

Jul 15, 2020

By Arunava N

Aug 15, 2016

Instructor speaks too slow and sometimes hardly audible with my earphones plugged in with 100% sound. Incredibly slow paced. Coffee must!!! Too much of story and history and introduction. Much less material presented for concepts shown. Much of the lecture time is wasted on things which does not matter, for example Djikstra shortest path... I would be more interested to know about the algorithm than a huge lecture on who is Djikstra, and also would like to have some exercise to implement the same and realise. Very unsatisfied with the course. But there is no other courses offered for C++ programming language in English Language. Not worth the time.

By Aparajith S

Oct 20, 2020

peer reviewing system is pathetic and has no basic check to neglect one bad review among two good reviews. I received 3 reviews of my week 4 assignment which was graded >8/10 by two peers and one person graded me a 4 on 10 with a useless comment of "try again". this made my grade go below 50% for this assignment. There is no algorithm to remove reviews that do not lie in close proximity to the other two reviews. I literally am frustrated for almost a week to get fresh reviewers for this assignment. unfortunately, this would be my last coursera course.

By Austin T

Dec 11, 2019

No lecture slides are provided. The camera switches to the speaker too often not letting the video slides at least be viewed. No significant readings are provided at all. The instructor never runs code throughout the entire class on a machine, he just verbally goes through it.

I would not recommend taking this C++ class. There are plenty of others offered on this and other sites that I imagine have to be better than this one.

By Alperen S A

Oct 14, 2020

this course contains great futures, but ... If you are a newbie, please don't enroll, professor usually covers only the surface of the subject, Nevertheless it is good course if you have passion for searching, reading stackoverflow etc.

By Paul C

Mar 20, 2020

Lectures slow and vague. The second homework is much much harder than the other two. Lots on graph theory but not too much C++

By Coppini D

Dec 14, 2016

Peer to peer assignments are really slow and due time dependent.

By Bipul M

Jun 14, 2019

Worst programming language teaching style ever.

By Maor K

Aug 13, 2017

Explains very poorly ,Write unreadable

By Mohosina p m

Jul 29, 2020

I want to unenroll this course

By ROBIN S