Back to C++ For C Programmers, Part A

Learner Reviews & Feedback for C++ For C Programmers, Part A by University of California, Santa Cruz

4.4

This course is for experienced C programmers who want to program in C++. The examples and exercises require a basic understanding of algorithms and object-oriented software....

CA
Dec 19, 2019

I liked it, it costed me a little because I am not a C programmer with big experience, and this course I feel is focused on C programmers that want to know how to "translate" their code to C++

HS
May 5, 2020

Just right for programmers seeking to update their skills to the new V11 C++. I recommend getting the book by the author that helps along with a text or Coursera course on Algorithms.

426 - 450 of 598 Reviews for C++ For C Programmers, Part A

By Thiago P B

Mar 17, 2017

Great overall introduction to C++ for C programmers. It should be emphasized FOR C PROGRAMMERS.

Once you know your stuff and a little bit of Computer Science (data structures and algorithms), this course can benefit you if you never had a formal course or introduction on C++.

The instructor is well-versed in the topic and the examples are pretty interesting from a CS point of view.

By Juan D R O

Dec 31, 2021

T​he overall course is good if you are disciplined enough to follown and not cheat the assignments. However I prefered the previous setting of the course where we were able to see hand on hand Dr. P's terminal and the programs were compiled on the video. In this version is conference-like but there is no direct programming during the session so self-learning is fundamental

By Sam

Jun 12, 2019

Professor Pohl is so calm and intuitive that just delivers the info right away. It's so smooth course as C engineer coming from Mechatronics major (missing a lot of graph theory and data structures). I'm glad that i was enrolled in the course and totally recommended! Points to improve: Codes representation could be improved for readability.

By Tiantian G

Jul 10, 2017

Professor Pohl provided vivid clarification of important concepts in C++ programming. Homework projects are great opportunities to practice C++ programming. I also learned much from peer grading. Of course sometimes it can be really hard for a beginner to follow since the course targets experienced C/Java programmers.

By Connor W

Oct 15, 2017

If you have been a C programmer, this course is a gentle introduction to the world of C++. The programming exercises are good opportunities for you to rewrite some of your C codes in C++. The lectures are rather fun, Ira Pohl is a good at explaining, and he covers quite a lot of essential C++11 features.

By Omar H

Jan 23, 2022

Learned a lot in this course. One thing I would improve would be getting some feedback towards the homework (unfortunately peer grading didnt provide me with much feedback), or maybe have a sample solution after submitting the homework just to see how I can improve.

By Udayan P S

Sep 4, 2020

Very good course content and depth, with proper pacing! I think the assignment evaluation can be improved, however. Peer review seems very biased and rigged, based on the discussion forums. There should also be a button to report assignments that have been copied.

By Milos R

Jun 7, 2016

The course is good overall but needs more to focus on new things in C++ and not on algorithms. I would recommend this course if you are struggling with C++,it goes throw the basics and tells you how the STL works.

The homework are hard and that is a big plus :)

By Javier A

Feb 17, 2018

I highly recommend this course, it provides a great introduction to C++ and some of its most interesting features. If you are an experienced programmer, you will probably have the feeling that it is a slow pace course, but it is still worth it.

By Adhityan V

Jul 23, 2020

was good to learn c++ advanced topics after learning the basics at my high school.

it had some very essential topics that dealt with too much innovative coding. It was good learning experience.

By Colin R

Dec 20, 2021

Great course. Peer reviewed programming assignments were difficult and though I received good marks, I got very little constructive feedback on them have no idea if they were "correct".

By Patrick M

Jan 14, 2022

Great professor, but I had to increase the speed to 2x since he speaks very slowly with long pauses. But his C++ course is better structured and taught than his C course.

By Rahul Y

teacher was very good but course was a little difficult for a person not having a prior good knowledge of c language , but it was good experience learning this course.

By Robert M

Apr 1, 2017

I enjoyed this course. It was great as a review of C++ and an introduction to C++11 for me. The assignments are heavy in graph theory and are non-trivial.

By Cristian S

Jul 22, 2019

Excellente course, learnt a lot about the history of C++, and different ways to make easier a pseudocode on the C++, and the importance of C++

By Oliver W

Nov 17, 2019

My only complaint is the quality of the slides shown during the lessons, e. g. bullet points are not always appropriate :-)

By Akshay R s

Jun 2, 2020

it was very informative,good and skill developing course and most of the assignments were really challenging to beginners.

By anjali p

Mar 18, 2017

it actually introduced c++11 features to me well,it was my first course on coursera and it is benificial to me in ways .

By Jack H

May 14, 2020

The lectures are not the most helpful, but the instructor is knowledgeable and the assignments are very interesting.

By G P

Jun 3, 2020

the best part is coursera provides finalcial aid and that was very help ful foe many students. thankyou coursera

By Andre C

Aug 22, 2016

Excellent course. It helps you transition to C++ by understanding the reasons, not just a simple recipe.

By Nathan P B

Jan 12, 2020

I wish he could use more realistic code used in programs and focus less on obscure programming

By Stefano E

Apr 14, 2018

Very useful and practical course, you learn interesting stuff about graphs along the way too!

By Saul F

Jun 24, 2021

I started another C++ course... It is more hands on that it is what I require on this moment

By Vijit K

Nov 10, 2018

This course is a good warm-up for those who have been out of practice with programming.