Back to Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional by University of London

This MOOC identifies and explores a number of challenges to the finance professional arising from the ever changing business environment. Increasingly, financial decisions must take account of strategic consequences. The first module, Exploring Strategic Position, Choice and Action helps in doing that – setting a strategic context for planning for, monitoring and controlling projects and activities. An on-going set of challenges is found in the evolution of International Reporting Standards. The second module focuses on some recent changes in Standards, identifying the drivers for changes, and examining evolution in controversial areas such as leasing and goodwill. The third and final module, Corporate Governance, examines issues which are causing people to re-assess the nature, purpose and scope of corporate governance, and challenges to making governance function effectively. Key issues here are the move to include a broader range of stakeholders, the perennial challenge of agency theory issues, shareholder activism, changing Board structures, and challenges to internal control to better manage risk. This MOOC will be right for you if you are interested in engaging with some of the challenges facing finance professionals, even if you are not one yourself. If you are thinking about returning to study this will provide a taster of academic endeavours through reading articles, critiquing ideas, and blending theory with reality....

TF

Aug 24, 2020

This was very engaging and challenging at the same time. I learnt a lot about strategy, strategic choices, governance and stakeholders management. It is highly recommended!

KL

Dec 01, 2019

it matched the topic, keeping me up the change. learned new way of learning online. thanks to all help to my peers who helped me through to meet the deadlines.

1 - 25 of 101 Reviews for Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional

By Muhammad I S

Sep 17, 2019

I am very happy and feeling bless after completion of this course. I learned alot and its helps me to revised my concepts about the topics i studies earlier during my ACCA qualification. This is the start i will continue my journey of this success. I would like to thanks to my course teachers my mentor and definitely to Coursers.

By Alison R

Nov 26, 2017

Great course for those wanting to either refresh topics covered earlier in a career or even those who want to remind themselves what good quality learning and courses are all about.

Thank you for making the course enjoyable, interactive and accessible to those of us who have full and busy lives.

By ADEEL A

May 21, 2018

Its a very important course for all the finance professionals to refresh their knowledge in a very short time. The real good thing is that the the arrangements are very flexible. You can work on it at any time that suits you.

By Daniel G S

Oct 17, 2019

The course "Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional" was excellent. I recommend it for all Finance Professionals around the world.

By 张卓芸

Jan 16, 2017

It's a compulsory course to apply for professional accountancy Msc of UOL. Short, smart course.

By Shahzad S

Jan 12, 2017

Excellent contents with lot of learning and enhancing professional exposure

By Debdulal K

Jun 10, 2018

Great course.

By Matthew R

May 21, 2018

If its been over 10 years since you completed your Accounting Certificate, this is an excellent course to get you back on track and back in the mood for studying to further your opportunities for that CFO position you've been after that needs an MBA or Masters degree to back up your CV to at least get you in the door and being interview

By Srinivasan K

Aug 09, 2019

One of the best course on CHANGE MANAGEMENT comprises of all international frameworks and approaches. And, the need for IFRS is a great topic with sufficient reading materials supplemented with the course presentation are good. Strongly recommend for all Change Agents especially working in Finance Transformation work streams. Thank you

By Stephanie J

Sep 07, 2020

A very detail course. Not what I expected at first; as such, I had to adjust to the stress. The peer review was new for me, but it provided me with different perspectives on how a question could be approached. This provided an additional opportunity for learning. Excellent!

By Ravi K

Dec 09, 2018

The course was very helpful, It reminded me concepts i studied 5 years before, The good thing is assignments are dealing with current issues, they are practical, challenging and will make some one think and act

By Kwezekani Z

Jun 29, 2017

Its an exciting course. especially for those of us who took some time to get back into school. It is challenging enough to refresh ones memory to the basic and critical principles of Advanced Finance principles.

By Taiwo F

Aug 24, 2020

By Kok Y L

By Priscar S

May 10, 2016

Awesome course. I would definitely recommend it to any Finance professional wanting to keep abreast with the various changes in the profession.

By YIN J

Jan 02, 2020

This course is important and valuable for me to review my learning. From this, I can also learn more from other students. I really love it.

By Henry M K

Jan 15, 2019

This is a great course. It takes one through a journey of exploring the changes that have taken place in the finance profession!

By Rahim A Z

Dec 01, 2019

Gives good understanding of the topics involved in this course and some of the current issues in business environment.

By Feyikemi A

Jun 01, 2017

Was such a refreshing experience. REally helps to get you back in the swing i.e. the mood of things.. A 5 star course

By Anita R

Nov 24, 2018

This course was very relevant, with robust supplemental material, and challenging but not unrealistic timeframes.

By Sandeep P

Dec 11, 2018

On to week 4, the course so far is structured and concise which makes it an enjoyment to further develop.

By Muhammad A Y

Dec 03, 2016

This course is worth learning in order to be uptodate with new things in the business and standards.

By Tianzhao S Y

May 08, 2019

It is a great way to update accounting knowledge, and also a professional way for learning.

By TORIOLA A T

Jun 11, 2020

This was a pleasant experience, often demanding time but it has been more than worth it

By Njinwi J T

Dec 15, 2016

Quite interesting and very relevant as a good reminder of the fundamental concepts.