Back to Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional by University of London

This MOOC identifies and explores a number of challenges to the finance professional arising from the ever changing business environment. Increasingly, financial decisions must take account of strategic consequences. The first module, Exploring Strategic Position, Choice and Action helps in doing that – setting a strategic context for planning for, monitoring and controlling projects and activities. An on-going set of challenges is found in the evolution of International Reporting Standards. The second module focuses on some recent changes in Standards, identifying the drivers for changes, and examining evolution in controversial areas such as leasing and goodwill. The third and final module, Corporate Governance, examines issues which are causing people to re-assess the nature, purpose and scope of corporate governance, and challenges to making governance function effectively. Key issues here are the move to include a broader range of stakeholders, the perennial challenge of agency theory issues, shareholder activism, changing Board structures, and challenges to internal control to better manage risk. This MOOC will be right for you if you are interested in engaging with some of the challenges facing finance professionals, even if you are not one yourself. If you are thinking about returning to study this will provide a taster of academic endeavours through reading articles, critiquing ideas, and blending theory with reality....

TF
Aug 23, 2020

This was very engaging and challenging at the same time. I learnt a lot about strategy, strategic choices, governance and stakeholders management. It is highly recommended!

KL
Nov 30, 2019

it matched the topic, keeping me up the change. learned new way of learning online. thanks to all help to my peers who helped me through to meet the deadlines.

1 - 25 of 117 Reviews for Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional

By Daniel G S

Oct 17, 2019

The course "Keeping up with Change: Issues for the Finance Professional" was excellent. I recommend it for all Finance Professionals around the world.

By Muhammad I S

Sep 17, 2019

I am very happy and feeling bless after completion of this course. I learned alot and its helps me to revised my concepts about the topics i studies earlier during my ACCA qualification. This is the start i will continue my journey of this success. I would like to thanks to my course teachers my mentor and definitely to Coursers.

By Alison R

Nov 26, 2017

Great course for those wanting to either refresh topics covered earlier in a career or even those who want to remind themselves what good quality learning and courses are all about.

Thank you for making the course enjoyable, interactive and accessible to those of us who have full and busy lives.

By Adeel A

May 20, 2018

Its a very important course for all the finance professionals to refresh their knowledge in a very short time. The real good thing is that the the arrangements are very flexible. You can work on it at any time that suits you.

By 张卓芸

Jan 15, 2017

It's a compulsory course to apply for professional accountancy Msc of UOL. Short, smart course.

By Shahzad S

Jan 12, 2017

Excellent contents with lot of learning and enhancing professional exposure

By Debdulal K

Jun 9, 2018

Great course.

By Shabbir K

Dec 14, 2020

The course contents and the instructors were all very good 5/5.

Coursera - 3/5 - peer reviews even when confirmed have been graded do not get posted in real time and take a good 8-9 hours to update. Also, when you have to grade assignments, it says there are no submissions available. But when you look at the discussion board, there are tons of people who are looking to get their assignments reviewed. I used to go to the discussions board and found all my peer review assignments from there manually by going through the various posts. This needs to be fixed!

By Matthew R

May 21, 2018

If its been over 10 years since you completed your Accounting Certificate, this is an excellent course to get you back on track and back in the mood for studying to further your opportunities for that CFO position you've been after that needs an MBA or Masters degree to back up your CV to at least get you in the door and being interview

By Srinivasan K

Aug 9, 2019

One of the best course on CHANGE MANAGEMENT comprises of all international frameworks and approaches. And, the need for IFRS is a great topic with sufficient reading materials supplemented with the course presentation are good. Strongly recommend for all Change Agents especially working in Finance Transformation work streams. Thank you

By Stephanie J

Sep 7, 2020

A very detail course. Not what I expected at first; as such, I had to adjust to the stress. The peer review was new for me, but it provided me with different perspectives on how a question could be approached. This provided an additional opportunity for learning. Excellent!

By Ravi K

Dec 9, 2018

The course was very helpful, It reminded me concepts i studied 5 years before, The good thing is assignments are dealing with current issues, they are practical, challenging and will make some one think and act

By Kwezekani Z

Jun 29, 2017

Its an exciting course. especially for those of us who took some time to get back into school. It is challenging enough to refresh ones memory to the basic and critical principles of Advanced Finance principles.

By Taiwo F

Aug 24, 2020

By Kok Y L

Dec 1, 2019

By Priscar S

May 10, 2016

Awesome course. I would definitely recommend it to any Finance professional wanting to keep abreast with the various changes in the profession.

By A-Omar W

Dec 22, 2020

Overall the course provided sound knowledge that is vital for the finance profession in areas of strategy, financial reporting and governance.

By YIN J

Jan 1, 2020

This course is important and valuable for me to review my learning. From this, I can also learn more from other students. I really love it.

By Henry K

Jan 15, 2019

This is a great course. It takes one through a journey of exploring the changes that have taken place in the finance profession!

By Ai L C

Feb 7, 2021

Exceptionally. It's a great refresher of what I have learnt in the past and even better now with application in work place

By Rahim A Z

Nov 30, 2019

Gives good understanding of the topics involved in this course and some of the current issues in business environment.

By Feyikemi A

Jun 1, 2017

Was such a refreshing experience. REally helps to get you back in the swing i.e. the mood of things.. A 5 star course

By Anita R

Nov 23, 2018

This course was very relevant, with robust supplemental material, and challenging but not unrealistic timeframes.

By Muhammad S

Jan 30, 2021

This course is very helpful this is very comprehensively designed. It is really a refresher of my past studies

By Sandeep P

Dec 11, 2018

On to week 4, the course so far is structured and concise which makes it an enjoyment to further develop.