Back to The Changing Global Order

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Changing Global Order by Universiteit Leiden

How are international power relations changing and how can global peace and stability be maintained? This course familiarizes you with some main theories of international relations, shows how the global order is gradually changing and discusses how selected international and regional organizations contribute to the maintenance of global peace and security. You learn what research findings tell us in terms of the capacity of international organizations and actors to help prevent or stop violent conflict, what tools are used to negotiate agreements and how foundations for sustainable peace are best created. We will also focus on the role of the European Union in terms of diplomacy and efforts to prevent conflict, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the contribution of organizations such as the African Union to the prevention of conflict and war. We will study the United Nations Security Council and see in which ways its membership could be adapted to more accurately reflect the power relations of the current global order. Through quizzes and exercises testing your knowledge of these subjects, you will understand crucial concepts and get insights into how the academic study of international relations and international organization contributes to the search for global stability and peace in practice....

MP

Nov 29, 2018

Great course, I really enjoyed it! I've learned everything I didn't know i needed to know before the start of my post-graduate degree in International Relations! Would definitely recommend it!

KA

Jun 09, 2020

Leiden University, your good teaching model and material have greatly impacted on my understanding of the Changing Global Order and I look forward to advancing my career with you.\n\nThank you

26 - 50 of 85 Reviews for The Changing Global Order

By Júlia T G

Jul 11, 2020

It's a very good course, with amazing lectures, tests and projects. It expands our view of the world and helps on the understand of the International Relations theories and debates. I truly recommend it!

By Melissa P

Nov 29, 2018

By Auther K

Jun 09, 2020

By Cesar A L

un curso esencial para conocer las principales corrientes de pensamiento de las Relaciones Internacionales y promover el estudio y discusión del estado actual y cambiante del Orden Mundial

By Kavya S

Sep 06, 2020

A very informative course and sure to be highly exciting for a person interested in the field of International relations. The extra interviews were an additional plus point.

By Stephanos P

Aug 27, 2020

Excellent content which helped me receive a spherical knowledge on the main issues of Intl. Organizations and how they contribute to Peace and Justice between Nations.

By Wang, Y

Sep 14, 2019

Very nice course for beginners who wants to enhance knowing about the changing world and important international organizations from European perspectives.

By Müberra G T

Mar 23, 2020

it was a course with a rich content but it may be spreaded to a few more weeks. i learnt a lot! thank you for the content and the great instructors!

By Muhammad i R

Jul 16, 2020

The best learning experience I ever had! Got new concepts on World order. I am looking forward to go through such more courses.

By Annesha K G

Mar 17, 2017

I did this course for 2nd time. The course is very interesting & informative. Thank you Coursera & Leiden University.

By Anna L

Sep 27, 2019

A really informative and insightful course, I can't wait to utilize everything I've learnt in the real world. :)

By Mateus M R

Jul 19, 2017

An excellent introduction to the world of international relations, with great teachers and supporting material.

By Vivek P

Jul 02, 2020

This is an amazing course with in-depth knowledge base. This will definitely going to help me academically.

By Özlem d

Nov 28, 2019

It was a great course. I have really learned a lot and strongly recommend everyone who are interested in su

By Athanasia M

Sep 27, 2020

excellent course! I wish the material could be updated (e.g. references to the Juncker Commission...)

By IGOR S M

Sep 04, 2020

Fantastic first MOOC experience! Content-rich, well organized, really worth a try!

By sunny v

Jun 04, 2017

A very relevant course with good instructors and study material collection.

By Olalere S

Jan 25, 2017

I enjoyed every moment here. I recommend this course for everyone.

By SITU S

Jul 20, 2019

its really a very effective course no doubt at all. go for it

By Nihal Y

Jun 19, 2020

This was very useful for my Global Politics class, thank you.

By CHRISTINE M

Jan 03, 2018

It was a great course. I had understood very well. Thank you.

By Sabine B

Jul 19, 2020

Comprehensive and well-structured. Great Mooc, learnt a lot!

By Autumn B

Apr 03, 2019

Great course, I learned a lot and would certainly recommend!

By JULIANA T M

Nov 18, 2017

Excelente curso, atualizado e com ótimos materiais de apoio.

By Naren M

Apr 24, 2020

THE BEST COURSE ON EARTH!!!

I LOVE UNIVERSTEIT LEIDEN!!!