Back to The Changing Global Order

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Changing Global Order by Universiteit Leiden

How are international power relations changing and how can global peace and stability be maintained? This course familiarizes you with some main theories of international relations, shows how the global order is gradually changing and discusses how selected international and regional organizations contribute to the maintenance of global peace and security. You learn what research findings tell us in terms of the capacity of international organizations and actors to help prevent or stop violent conflict, what tools are used to negotiate agreements and how foundations for sustainable peace are best created. We will also focus on the role of the European Union in terms of diplomacy and efforts to prevent conflict, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and the contribution of organizations such as the African Union to the prevention of conflict and war. We will study the United Nations Security Council and see in which ways its membership could be adapted to more accurately reflect the power relations of the current global order. Through quizzes and exercises testing your knowledge of these subjects, you will understand crucial concepts and get insights into how the academic study of international relations and international organization contributes to the search for global stability and peace in practice....

MP

Nov 29, 2018

Great course, I really enjoyed it! I've learned everything I didn't know i needed to know before the start of my post-graduate degree in International Relations! Would definitely recommend it!

KA

Jun 09, 2020

Leiden University, your good teaching model and material have greatly impacted on my understanding of the Changing Global Order and I look forward to advancing my career with you.\n\nThank you

76 - 85 of 85 Reviews for The Changing Global Order

By awat m

Feb 17, 2020

it is great course, i have learned a-lot about the power players and how the world is changing, the learning materials such as videos and reading list is genuinely useful, only issues i think some of materials need to be updated, nevertheless i recommend and this course to anyone who has interest to learn about how world is shaping

By Andy G

May 28, 2017

A great refresher on International Relations and an excellent introduction to how international institutions operate. Highly recommend to anyone interested in learning the basics of global politics.

By Simon G

Mar 19, 2019

Some excellent content, but the teachers could be a little more dynamic. Some of the "guest lecturers" were tedious.

By Alberto C

Sep 15, 2017

Truly informative. I hope it will be kept continuously up-to-date with the developments of geopolitics.

By Namra N

Aug 30, 2020

I think the course and instructors are great, just need to update and make it more analytical.

By Fatme M

Jan 03, 2018

very interesting lectures! sometimes I wish they were even longer

By Yavuz A Y

Sep 17, 2020

Overall it was a great course. However, from the very beginning I always felt like the lecturers are in a hurry and we, as students, are trying to catch them in the lectures. Most of the time I completely understood the lectures, when I read the assigned papers.

By Joy S

Jun 17, 2018

Complex. In foreign accents.

By Aishwarya S

Aug 01, 2020

It was comprehensive and delivered what it promised. A must take for beginners at IR

By Tanner M