Back to Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction by University of Geneva

Drawing on the contributions of several academic disciplines including law, psychology, sociology, history, educational and health sciences, economy and anthropology, an interdisciplinary approach guides the student into a selection of critical issues concerning children’s rights. Participants will gain insight relative to the development of this specific human rights category, as well as to the evolution of the challenges faced by children over time and society’s efforts to respond. Successful international strategies and programs promoting children’s rights will be highlighted, as well as the role of key actors involved in international organizations working in this field. This open online course provides an overview of the most important features of children’s human rights. A central portion of the MOOC will consist of a presentation of the international and regional standards on children’s rights and the related international and regional judicial and quasi-judicial bodies designed to ensure their implementation. No prerequisites or specific background is required to register for this MOOC. The course is conceived as an introductory level program, but participants, who wish to deepen their knowledge in the field of children’s rights, or already have some prior knowledge, will have access to additional reading material on a weekly basis. Participants who successfully complete the class activities and final assessment may request for a paid certificate of accomplishment signed by the Instructor and the main professors responsible for the program. However, no credits are awarded. The course consists of seven topical modules distributed on 4 weeks. English is the only language of instruction....

FR

Feb 25, 2020

Truly interdisciplinary course with rich content, and reasonable depth, based upon team work of faculty. I am even recommend my 15 year child to study it and know about her responsibilities and rights

SD

Jan 31, 2019

I strongly recommend this for people who are passionately working among children across the globe. This is the need of the hour! Let's educate ourselves and serve the best for our children. Cheers!

51 - 75 of 199 Reviews for Children's Human Rights - An Interdisciplinary Introduction

By VOLIA F

Dec 31, 2017

This course was very interesting. I recommand it to all of you. Everybody should to know that Children have rights like adults people.

By Marcela V

Jul 02, 2019

Excellent course, I loved every section, clearly explained. I actually consulted other sources just to learn more about each topic.

By Indrė K

Oct 05, 2017

Very useful basic background for people interested in Children's Rights opening the way to deepen the knowledge in this area

By Ndabula C C

Jul 20, 2019

Wow! I love this course. It was broken down for easy understanding and encompasses almost every aspect of children's rights

By Jorge S M

Mar 31, 2019

I really liked the course, it was very informative and it really opens your eyes about the treatment of children worldwide.

By Berenice R

Feb 02, 2018

Disfruté mucho el curso, para quienes comenzamos a profundizar en el tema de infancias y derechos, es una gran herramienta.

By Merlan V

Oct 25, 2017

It was a pleasure to pass this course. I learned a lot of very usefull information for my new job.

By Clara A

Jun 18, 2017

Very interesting and motivating course. Now it´s time to read everything again and make my reflections on the subject.

By Nabin M

Jul 11, 2017

Well-organized and covered key elements of Children's Human rights. Thank you for the short but comprehensive course.

By Jane O M

May 25, 2017

This course was very good, I learnt a lot during the 7 weeks period. I would recommend friends to take this course.

By Sushant P A

Dec 18, 2018

I'm a first year law student and I find this course extremely informative, easy to understand and overall useful.

By Omolola J D

Oct 08, 2019

One of the best decisions I took this year! It has helped to advance my knowledge and career in Child Advocacy.

By Laurie B d R

Dec 09, 2018

Great overview of the rights of the child around the world. It was great having an interdisciplinary approach!!

By Ana M

Aug 25, 2019

A great course to undertake to broaden your knowledge and views if you are interested in children's rights.

By Raghad o

Aug 18, 2019

نعم لقد كانت هذا الدورة التدريبية ناجحة جداً و مهمة ومفيدة يجب على كل شخص أن يعلم بها...

شكراً جزيلاً لكم

By Cristian V

Oct 07, 2018

Para ser un curso introductorio, está muy completo. Sumamente recomendable y serio con mucha información

By amarjeet k S

Feb 15, 2017

A wonderful course indeed. I had a lot to learn. Thank you so much. You are doing such a nice job.

By Nishantha W

Jan 21, 2020

The course was very helpful to improve my knowledge on child rights. Thanks University of Geneva

By Tara V

Jun 13, 2018

This class was very difficult due to language difficulty but it was a great informative class.

By Milica S

Sep 27, 2019

Very useful, rare chance to hear from people directly involved in drafting the Conve

By Arlene P

Apr 13, 2018

I really enjoyed this course , learnt lots that I will add to my book of knowledge

By Valerie A N

May 13, 2017

Very informative and very essential to both men & women, young & old. Thank you!

By Md F R

Nov 27, 2018

A simple course with lot of information in relation to children's human rights!

By Juha-Matti L

Sep 01, 2018

Very educational and definitely gave me a solid platform to go on from. Thanks!

By Epiphane A