Back to Write Like Mozart: An Introduction to Classical Music Composition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Write Like Mozart: An Introduction to Classical Music Composition by National University of Singapore

This course introduces students to strategies for style writing of common practice European art music. The issues of harmonic progression, voice leading, and texture are addressed in addition to relevant compositional concepts like repetition, variation, and elaboration. The course aims to offer a creative space even within the restrictions of stylistic emulation....

CW
Jun 14, 2020

Excellent course! Very well designed and systematically organised with useful materials. I have learnt a lot and gained confidence to continue my music path, Thank you Professor Edwards!

KK
May 23, 2020

This was truly eye opening and not only for classical music composing - you can apply your knowledge from this course to many other styles as well! Can't recommend it enough!

26 - 50 of 109 Reviews for Write Like Mozart: An Introduction to Classical Music Composition

By Emma L

Aug 12, 2018

It was very basic in my opinion, though very enjoyable and informative! I would love for there to be a more advanced version of this course in the future, also including some romantic era composition.

By Béatrice A

May 22, 2016

The course is complete and clear (even better than the one in my conservatory ) I hope there will be course on orchestration ,even if it is paid I would take it ,thank you so much professor Edward.

By Connie C H W

Jun 15, 2020

By Konstantin K

By Pablo D

Jul 14, 2020

Great course, it helped me sort out my ideas about chords, cadences, harmonic progression, melody and all the basics of classical music composition. Highly recommended

By Utkarsh K

May 29, 2018

this course helped me a lot. The instructor is really interactive and i really recommend this course for anybody looking to learn classical music composition

By Nikita K

Jun 21, 2018

Having completed only two weeks I consider this is very good course. I wish there were more music composing courses like this and of such quality.

By suresh s

Jun 18, 2016

An excellent lecture by Peter Edwards but couldn't attend it due to academic pressure.Hope will get similar courses in the near future.Thank you

By David A G S

May 24, 2016

Very full content of this course , the teacher does very well . Too bad it does not have subtitles in Spanish , it would be perfect if I had .

By Yeshi N

Dec 16, 2020

Excellent! I was really helpful for me to learn how to write classical music, how to think about more instruments playing at the same time.

By Andy S S d C

Aug 23, 2019

The course is very good. You will learn the basics about composing in the style of classical music. Like Mozart, Schubert, etc. Worth it.

By Jair S

Sep 16, 2020

Great Course, Some topics that I studied before that I was not able to understand were presented on a clear way that made them seem easy

By Bobbie S

Wonderful! It far exceeded my expectations. The instructor is amazing! I hope there will be more courses from him in the future.

By Daniel D

Feb 14, 2021

Amazing. It has been like finally understanding a language I had been listening my whole life. I actually didn't want it to end.

By Jim H

Dec 21, 2020

I liked it so much I took it again a couple of years later. Very helpful, informative, and educationally broadening.

By Jeorgein C

Jun 8, 2020

A very helpful course to learn and revise advanced music theory especially composition in the classical style.

By Leslie A D

Jul 25, 2017

An excellent and challenging course. I really felt I grew as a composer and the instructor is wonderful.

By Brad

Jun 20, 2017

Very helpful course. I would love to see one from the lecturer on more advanced counterpoint and fugue.

By Audrey K

Mar 10, 2017

Loved it! Very challenging, but I learned so much. It will definitely help me write music in the future.

By Julio M G J

Oct 10, 2018

Incredible course! I've learnt more than I could possibly imagine! The best course I've ever enrolled.

By yasinaksit

Nov 29, 2020

It's a very good introduction to classical music theory and composition, though I wish it had more :)

By Adrian M O

May 23, 2016

Really great and practical! You can really start to write some sophisticated music with this course!

By Daniel P

Jun 3, 2017

great class! the teacher teach with patience and the class help me learn how to compose by steps

By Léo S

Sep 7, 2016

Absolutely fantastic, Edward is a wonderful pedagogue, thank you so very much for this course

By Wan Y

Jun 20, 2019

Very challenging course, yet quite rewarding! Most of the classical harmonics are covered.