Back to Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics by University of Cape Town

If you’ve ever skipped over`the results section of a medical paper because terms like “confidence interval” or “p-value” go over your head, then you’re in the right place. You may be a clinical practitioner reading research articles to keep up-to-date with developments in your field or a medical student wondering how to approach your own research. Greater confidence in understanding statistical analysis and the results can benefit both working professionals and those undertaking research themselves. If you are simply interested in properly understanding the published literature or if you are embarking on conducting your own research, this course is your first step. It offers an easy entry into interpreting common statistical concepts without getting into nitty-gritty mathematical formulae. To be able to interpret and understand these concepts is the best way to start your journey into the world of clinical literature. That’s where this course comes in - so let’s get started! The course is free to enroll and take. You will be offered the option of purchasing a certificate of completion which you become eligible for, if you successfully complete the course requirements. This can be an excellent way of staying motivated! Financial Aid is also available....

AM

Dec 16, 2018

Klopper MD is a great teacher. There are other courses from another top universities about this topic, but I think this is my favourite. This the shortest in duration and most comprehensive among all.

LK

Jul 29, 2017

Great course!! it is gonna provide you a good foundation in clinical studies if you want to start your career in clinical research! Clear explanation and comprehensive case study! highly recommended!

276 - 300 of 335 Reviews for Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics

By Melody A

Nov 03, 2019

Great course. Concepts explained clearly and simply for me a beginner.

By Airin C Z

Nov 04, 2019

Best course of statistics and data analysis

By AKSHAY D M

Nov 02, 2019

I was never so intuitive about statistics, thanks to Sir, he explained statistics so amazingly with prefect blend of clinical research. Happy that I took this course.

By Anna K

Nov 04, 2019

The course is very helpful to those who work in clinical trials but do not have a mathematical background. I am a former biology student, we had a course in biostatistics. Many subjects were similar, but we were never given examples from clinical trials. It was great to have this refresher course and deepen my knowledge in clinical statistics. I am very grateful to the creators of this course. Thank you!

By Gregory P

Oct 16, 2019

Great lectures that covered content in a precise manner. Thanks Juan!

By Priya J

Oct 16, 2019

Well organized and great teaching

By Ökkeş Z

Oct 15, 2019

This course is good for me, there is not a lot of mathematical analysis but we will want how to do statistics in clinical research.

By Mohammed W A

Oct 22, 2019

Thank you very much. This course helped me to understand the essence of medical biostatistics without diving in the complexity of mathematics. It was an enjoyable and helpful course.

By Janna B

Nov 12, 2019

This course helped me have a better understanding of clinical research and the statistics behind it. It is very helpful if you are starting in the field of research.

By Jelizaveta P

Mar 20, 2019

It was very informative. Made me understand some things deeper. Also motivated to read a bit more.

By Mohamed S a a

Mar 22, 2019

it is very helpful course can improve your knowledge in research process and also make you practice

By Kathryn M

Mar 04, 2019

Great intro or review for healthcare workers. A little more info and more examples would have been appreciated for all the statistical tests in week 5. Paired t-test is not mentioned in the notes or videos and yet appears in a number of the quizzes.

By Andrea M

Aug 17, 2018

This course gives general informations about the medical statistics.

It's easy to follow and I found it very useful

By morgan g

Sep 01, 2017

The course content was good but I wished for a little more hands on experience with the statistics. I particularly like the optional excel lessons and wish there were more of those. Perhaps add exercises in excel or other spreadsheet software to reinforce the learning?

By Luis A T R P

Sep 26, 2016

Excellent and concise. Thanks a lot.

By Aby M M

Dec 27, 2015

Great course so far..

By Tarek N

Apr 08, 2016

i found the course very helpful and informative and i t helps to critically read and interpret research papers. my only take on it is that there was no responses to questions that i asked the lecturer

By Joan Y Z L

Feb 14, 2016

It's a good course if you want a general overview of the statistics of clinical research. Personally I was hoping for a little more depth in some of the statistical methods. Some links or suggested readings on the methods would be great as we move along the course. Overall a delightful course. Everything is clearly explained. Thank you Dr. Koppler!

By Rianne d B

Feb 06, 2016

Very useful course when you have very little background in statistics. You are taught the basic ideas behind the most commonly used statistical tests. The course really gives you a solid base to understand statistics described in scientific medical articles. Actually, after completing this course I felt confident enough to start doing basic statistical analyses on my own research data.

By Fatima A

Jul 29, 2017

It is a great course. It provides all what you need in a nice simple way. I highly recommend it.

By Sumit S

Jan 09, 2017

Very good course.Can be improved with more exercises.

By Vojtech N

Jun 23, 2016

Well understandable INTRODUCTION to med statistics.

By Li J C

Jun 03, 2017

A good course to start learning statistics for beginners.

By MEENAKUMARI

Oct 06, 2016

excellent course

By Harold X

Dec 15, 2016

I increased my clinical backgroup through this course. Thank