Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB

Jan 02, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER

Apr 16, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

51 - 75 of 387 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Melissa A S S

Apr 16, 2020

Este curso fue excelente, explica las cosas de manera sencilla, lo cual hace muy fácil el aprender. Sus tiempos son flexibles así que con constancia y dedicación puedes sacar el curso adelante. TOTALMENTE RECOMENDADO

By 刘师学

Apr 11, 2019

this course is so useful~ as an international student who is participating in observeship in the us, the class give me a whole picture of the system of hospital. thank you very much for giving us this fabulous class~

By Shelly R L

May 23, 2020

I think the videos and assignments were easily understood and yet had some items that made you think and use your learning as it progressed. I'm glad I signed up to refresh myself on the medical language. Thank you.

By nguyễn h h

Oct 01, 2019

This is a meaningful course for me to learn about medical terminology. Thank for Coursera, I am quite confident about my medical english now. I will keep learning to master it in order to help my career as a doctor

By Wadha

Sep 29, 2018

I had so much fun learning these new Terminology and Abbreviation , also the information about each disease , equipment and system. i would like to thank everyone made and helped in making this amazing course . ❤😢

By duygu

Mar 31, 2020

It is a great course. It teaches you what is necessary for a clinical unit. I was taking this subject course in my language but it was great to take this course to be familiar with the terms in English. Thanks.

By Vanessa A P B

Jul 08, 2020

This course is beneficial, easy to understand and very dynamic for beginners in the health care system. I did enjoy, and definitely, I will continue to practice all the information given during the training.

By Tatiana R

May 06, 2020

This was a great opportunity to enhance Medical vocabulary. The outline of the course is designed to keep you engaged and allows for critical thinking on every case shown.

I really enjoyed this 6 week course!

By Amber B

Oct 26, 2017

I liked taking the course to help reexamine what I have been taught previously. Very good information. I did notice some spelling errors and some issues with the transcription beneath the videos as I went.

By María E A M

May 05, 2018

Very useful. I had some dodubts about abreviation in pharmacology, and how to write medical notes, and this course helped me a lot.

Also if you can´t finish the curse, they can give you a time extension.

By David I Q Q

Sep 28, 2017

I LIKE SO MUCH THE CONTENT OF THE COURSE, IT IS SO HELPFULL FOR ME WHO WORK WITH ENGLISH REPORTS. I WILL IMPROVE MY KNOWLEDGE IN MORE CLINICAL TERMINOLOGY BY READING AND DOING RESEARCH. THAKNS SO MUCH

By Suzanne M L

Jul 07, 2020

Excellent class & experience. I really enjoyed taking this beginner's course. It was challenging but also extremely informative. I can't wait to take more in this subject.

Thanks for everything!

By Amsal A

May 14, 2020

This course gave me an opportunity to improve my medical abbreviations as I am a medical student. This course is awesome. Not only medical students but also other students should enroll this course.

By Edward R

Apr 16, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.

By Nguyễn T B M

Thank you for the teachers and Coursera forum. I happily experienced good time and emotions here. More than that, useful knowledge is the best thing I have received. Thank you! Thank you so much!

By Shane H

Aug 26, 2017

I found this course to be very helpful. It was thought out, it was clear, it made you think critically. It changed your mind set intentionally for learning purposes, and it was effective for me.

By Thi H L

Aug 16, 2020

By using the clinical situation, abbreviations, and terms are easier to understand.

This course is so helpful for me to have an essential knowledge that I can extend my learning by myself then.

By Miguel C

Jun 10, 2020

Excellent overview of key vocabulary and abbreviations used in the medical field! I would highly recommend to anyone who would like to expand their knowledge and access to the medical world.

By Nguyen T D

Jun 15, 2020

The course provides a good places for medical students to study medical terminology. You also have a chance to involve yourself in clinical situation to fully understand the contents.

By Helena L

Sep 16, 2020

I learned so much! What a wonderful course! Thank you for providing the knowledge that certainly adds a lot in our career path. Too bad I can't afford the certificate at the moment.

By Eduardo B

I learned a lot with this course. At times I thought I would not be able to answer the questions but the notes function helped me a lot and also the dictionary. Thank you very much!

By Lilith W

Jul 20, 2020

With the videos and medical situation scenarios, students learn the medical terms gradually but effectively. I found the course helpful in the academic as well as medical setting.

By Jan B

Feb 26, 2019

The course was very well organized, informative, great reference material, user friendly and it is giving me a good foundation to start my new path in life!! Thank you so much!!!

By Tô N T

Aug 11, 2020

This course help me to know more about the clinical language so I can understand more of what is going on in the hospital or what is being written in a patient's medical record

By sally h

Jun 26, 2020

Thank you so much for this course. It is one of the amazing courses that I ever did. It helped me to know more about the health care system and the medical terminology as well.