Back to Competitive Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Competitive Strategy by Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU)

In this six-module course, you will learn how businesses and organizations behave in situations in which strategic decisions are interdependent, i.e. where my actions affect my competitors' profits and vice versa. Using the basic tools of game theory, we will analyse how businesses choose strategies to attain competitive advantage. This course is also available in Chinese. Please go to our course catalog to access the Chinese version of Competitive Strategy....

AA

Jan 11, 2016

I have no previous business experience and I really enjoyed this class. It gave me insight into game theory and marketing and product development concepts. Good pace and good explanation of topics.

OO

Jul 23, 2018

I had a great time with Prof. Tobias Kretschmer. The course was really eye-opening for me and gave me a lot of perspective in the business world. Looking forward to the remaining courses for sure.

26 - 50 of 555 Reviews for Competitive Strategy

By Ali R

May 23, 2020

A great course, and the interactive way of instructor made it more interesting. Instructor was really good at explaining things. Plus the quizzes were really helpful to memorize everything.

By Md. F M

I really enjoyed it a lot throughout the course and also learnt many real-life strategies for business. Thanks to the professor for making the course so exciting and interactive.

By Jyotsna S

May 23, 2020

I started this course to help my little start up. I thank the course instructor Prof. Kretschmer for making this course so seamless. The course is very well structured and paced out evenly. I was totally new to the concept of strategic thinking, the course has helped me to formulate my own strategies and think like the managers of companies think when it comes to taking decisions for your firm. It gave me a formal knowledge of concepts like how to enter a market, what are the techniques used to deter an entry, how to avoid bertrend paradox, how to analyse whether to accept or reject an offer. It gave me a clearer understanding upon what exactly I should be doing to make my start up strategically stronger.

By Rizaldar R

Aug 02, 2020

Greetings to all!

I'm Rizaldar Rasheed, an Engineering Graduate currently residing in the Middle East.

This course has given such an incredible insight into the world of competitiveness amongst companies, big or small. I feel happy to be part of this program and get to experience the thought processes taken up by companies out there in order to edge out impending competitions and other credible threats.

My sincere thanks to the Professor, who did such a splendid job in articulating all these intricate concepts into simple, yet easy to pick up videos and modules, and to this platform Coursera, for giving everyone this noble opportunity to acquire and spread knowledge to all.

By SAIKRISHNA S K

Jul 26, 2020

Really a wonderful course, sir Tobias Kretchmer is a great professor, teaches with real examples, brings them to class, chooses different venues for classes. I was really looking for such a good professor to teach me all subjects. Because of him, I would like to choose other courses too which he teaches.

May sir Tobias be blessed.

I would like to study under you, sir. I am really happy and thanks to Coursera for such great platforms. with flexible systems in all aspects.

By SANDEEP M

This course is very good for beginners who are looking forward to learning business strategy and how the companies make policies. The instructor is very nice and explains things in a very good manner and the material is really easy to understand.

However there in the last some modules, there is some issue with the videos, they just stop in between.

Other than this. overall the course is good.

By Sivaraj G T

Jun 11, 2020

I found the in-video quizzes to be effective for the recalling of information. However, I believe the end of module/week quizzes would be more effective if they tested on our concept rather than just the effectiveness of memorizing the definition or points of a particular concept or topic. For example: The four criteria for A to happen are : *select the right criteria*

By Edze A

Sep 17, 2015

Excellent course with extensive amount of real world examples. Really gives you insight in the fundamentals of the business strategy that businesses pursue in competitive markets. Quizzes are not hard but do teach you the point. Definitely recommended if you are looking for some insight in competitive strategy and the reasoning behind it.

By Jin Y

May 07, 2020

The topic discussed in this course is well-organized and explained clearly by the instructor. This course is also very practical as many theories and trategies are actually applied in real-life examples. I also benefit from the discussion forums which is a good place to meet people and discuss about questions derived from course videos.

By Niket V

Jul 05, 2016

The flow is the course is highly structured. It starts with what actions/strategy firms take in the general scenarios & then moves on to specific cases like market entry, deterrence, innovation etc.

I highly recommend this course for all beginners who want to have a broad understanding of what firms think in a competitive environment.

By Sagar L

May 03, 2020

Probably the best course on Competitive strategy out there. The course is very well structured and the instructor is really engaging. The best part is the course material - It is to the point, well-crafted and has ample amount of real-life examples that makes learning easier and very relevant. I'd like to recommend this to everyone!

By Amjad A

Sep 12, 2016

I am an MBA and have studied marketing but this course was an addition to my knowledge of strategy. The content was practical and readily applicable to everyday business scenarios. I have been thinking about my own business for some time and I found this course tailored for myself. This course helped me develop strategic thinking.

By Syed M Z W

Jul 12, 2020

Great introductory course. Coming from an engineering background this course really aided me on a different technical side of running an organization which is the business side. This is going to be a great tool in my arsenal and hopefully I can increase my personal value after building upon the concepts presented in this course.

By Michael M

Sep 26, 2015

Excellent course. It is well organized and should be a required course for anyone thinking of starting a new business or simply wanting to increase his/her value to their organization. The concepts apply to small and large organizations, whether for profit or non-profit. Even non-profits are in a competitive market.

By Yash G

Mar 18, 2020

A good insight of Competitive nature of company and their rational behavior to optimize the payoff in particular situation. A good set of examples and practicality of tutorial make its engaging. It ease on grasping complex strategy in simple manner. Looking forward for next course. Thumbs up for tutor.

May 05, 2019

I highly recommend this course to everyone who are interested in strategic management. The course is well designed with a detailed explanation of study syllabus plus professor is really good and explains each concept with enthusiasm and energy. I thank LMU for providing such high quality education.

By Jose T

Mar 29, 2019

Different training methodology compare to others that it is easier to follow and with excellent case exercises. I have learnt concepts new for me. Videos with the right duration with animated slides including the teachers annotations in real time with his tablet. I recommend this training

By Andrei C S

Jan 11, 2017

The Course is an amazing gift from LMU. I am thankful for the opportunity of learning so much information with such a high level of quality. The course is very clear in all lessons. At the same time, it does not represent any loss in the approach of the issues, which is very complete.

By Vitor R P

Oct 05, 2017

Brilliant course! Professor Kretschmer is very clear and precise in his explanations. The course's light-hearted approach makes even challenging concepts easy to understand, the slides are very helpful and the in-video quizzes are great to keep track of what one has learned.

By Petar P

Sep 11, 2015

Prof. Tobias Kretschmer is a great teacher capable of getting you interested in the topic, thus making the course itself even more interesting. The course is very helpful in getting the perspective how one should position himself in order to get the most out of the market.

By Sarosh E

Apr 04, 2017

The content was very nicely put together. The delivery was excellent, examples pertinent and course takeaways very relevant. Any one who is looking to understand how to analyse and interpret market competition, New entry threats and Game theory need not look any further.

By Muhammad A U B

Jul 20, 2020

As a novice 'Finance & Accounting' professional, I think I should have some knowledge of Competitive Strategy. Yeah, sure, I loved doing this course. This course has been a great one for me! My heartiest gratitude to LMU, the team behind this course as well as Coursera!

By Matteo C

Apr 26, 2020

Interesting course. The arguments have been presented clearly but also completely. I understood the topics without any difficulty despite being an Engineer. The professor was able to join his knowledge about this field with excellent presentation skills. Thanks for all

By Rodrigo N E

Sep 06, 2015

Great course! The professor is very clear, concise and easily understandable. The different examples and cases illustrated very well the fundamentals of competitive strategy. I am looking forward to continue this course series with the Advanced Competitive Strategy.

By Xochitl E S

Oct 16, 2016

The course is very interesting and easy to follow, but there are some concepts that are not that easy to grasp.

I had to watch some videos a few times so I could fully understand some concepts.

The test were real tests that made you study and think. I liked that.