Back to Content Strategy for Professionals: Managing Content

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Content Strategy for Professionals: Managing Content by Northwestern University

In the second course of the Content Strategy Specialization - "Managing Content" - you will dive deeper into Content Strategy by learning some great options for managing your important content once it's been created. You will look at media platforms and how best to tell an organization’s “content story” across those platforms using a human-centered design. Then, you'll take a close look at ways to best utilize social and mobile media, as well as some of the issues around insourcing/outsourcing content. Finally, you'll get an inside look at how legal issues associated with Content Strategy are handled in companies large and small around the globe. This course serves professionals who want to learn to manage their trustable, engaging and often interactive content to advance their enterprise’s future and their own career in it. As a bonus, we've also included a toolkit to download and take back to work. Can’t remember the 3 truths that frame all communications in the digital age? Need to convince a co-worker that a human centered design approach is best for your project? Want to review how you create an engaging brand for your content? You will find answers to those questions and more in the toolkit. Guest lecturers in this course include: -- Emily Withrow, Assistant Professor, Medill, Northwestern -- Jeremy Gilbert, Director of Strategic Initiatives, The Washington Post -- Randy Hlavac, Lecturer, Medill, Northwestern (and lead professor of the Social Media Marketing Specialization also on Coursera)...

KS

Oct 16, 2019

I really am finding value in this course. The assignments challenge me and I walk away from every lesson feeling the need to implement something new!

JG

Aug 14, 2019

Randy and the team are brilliant. I am redoing this entire specialization to remain engaged with the content. Great work Randy and Northwestern!

1 - 25 of 28 Reviews for Content Strategy for Professionals: Managing Content

By The A P

Apr 12, 2016

good course :)

can i get hard copy certificate after finish all modules sir?

By Christine O

Sep 06, 2017

This course is really dated. The readings and links are for information from 2014. Digital media courses need to be very timely. Additionally, this course emphasizes creating "engaging" content... but so far, this course, though informative, is certainly not engaging. There are very few graphics or photos, it's mostly just talking heads.

By Nhat Q L

Feb 20, 2019

Great class!

By Paramjit S

Feb 23, 2019

Great..

By Joe T

Aug 26, 2018

There are many interesting segments in this course. For my specific situation the part on curated content was the most pertinent. Our company is launching a new product. Our web site for this product is under consideration now, and this is something we're discussing.

By Rishi A

Nov 11, 2016

The role of human centered design in reaching out to target audience has been delved with beautifully in this module. What to use - Image, videos, graphics and which medium to use - mobile, computer, tablet for making the biggest impact is the backbone of this module.

By Frederico T

Oct 04, 2017

Deep dive into the process. Productive assignment

By Julian V G

Sep 03, 2017

Excelente, sobretodo el tema de audiencias virtuales y herramientas de medios y plataformas

By Gerard

Oct 04, 2017

Excellent course, overall great content and clarity on the subject matter.

By violet z

May 23, 2016

Very practical approach with useful information and great guests

By Saradwati C

Aug 09, 2017

I loved the course. The content was very comprehensive and meaningful.

However, I just have one feedback:

I would have preferred to have the Case Study in the third week instead of the second. Trying to complete the Case Study without completing the last few topics did not make sense to me because there were actually questions on measuring content strategy impact in the Case Study, which were topics from week 3.

If you can check and rectify that for future students it will be great!

Thanking You

Saradwati Chatterjee

By Dario R

Jul 27, 2017

Professor Lavine is able to focus on the most relevant informations for his audience (we, the students :) demonstrating that he is not just talking about managing content but he is able to create relevant and high quality contents on his own. I'm really secure that I made a great choise enrolling :)

By Andrew T

Mar 13, 2018

Excellent course. Strong theory, practical tools, usable methods for content strategy development.

By Diego S

Feb 16, 2018

I wish they'd have a higher level of interactivity because sometimes it gets quite boring. Great info, but they present it in a dull way sometimes.

By Jessica X

Sep 05, 2017

C

By Muhammad I

Sep 03, 2017

An excellent course for every body.

By Olesia A

Aug 27, 2016

I really like the concise and informative way in which this course is organized. Thank you for developing relevant, cutting-edge content and delivering it the wide world audience! I think you really contribute to the better world.

By Yuan L

Nov 08, 2016

very good lecture and assignment design. But I prefer more case study in the lecture to help the learners better understand the rules.

By Lucia H

Jun 20, 2017

Great content, to the point!

By Jennifer H

Aug 05, 2019

Excellent continuation of the first course in this specialization.

By James-Anthony G

By Kathryn S

Oct 16, 2019

By Vaidehi B M

Aug 05, 2017

Found this module useful.

By Edward B

Apr 20, 2016

Good course, but the assignment was underwhelming compared with the other courses.