Back to Converting Challenges into Opportunities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Converting Challenges into Opportunities by University of California San Diego

In a very competitive workplace, demonstrating your ability to turn challenges into opportunities is an important to way stand out to hiring managers and to your existing management/leadership. In this course, you will learn how to utilize the knowledge and skills needed to leverage left- and right-brain thinking, analyze problems, spur creativity, and implement innovative ideas for your workplace. Using the power of design thinking and Creative Problem Solving models you will work toward data-driven solutions to workplace challenges. You will engage in an active process of identifying/defining a specific challenge, generating a plan to address the challenge, collecting and analyzing data/information in order to sell your solution to your leadership, implementing your data-driven solution, and evaluating success of the solution. Course Outcomes: 1. Understand Design, out-of-the box, whole brain thinking, Your workplace strengths 2. Apply Qualitative and scientific research method for workplace problems, Setting priorities and analyzing for outcomes 3. Apply Creative problem solving and creative thinking, using creative techniques to overcome challenges and bring about innovation 4. Create Action plan, Learn to implement innovative ideas and present ideas...

CB
Oct 2, 2020

Thanks to both the Faculty for such a wonderful and exploratory concepts through out the course. Really helped refresh some of the topics learnt long back and new ones put into practice straight up.

GC
Mar 31, 2020

It is a wonderful course. A lot of good exercises. Feeling of Self-discovery and there is a lot of takeaways. Thank you for the course. Look forward to see more such courses in a time to come

26 - 50 of 287 Reviews for Converting Challenges into Opportunities

By Neha L M

Jun 15, 2020

Everything is just reading!

By Mahmoud R

Oct 13, 2020

It was a great opportunity for me to participate in such course as my first step after long time of wondering how can i start to grow my career , it opened the door for me to different ways to learn and understand that its never too late to start learning even in the darkest period of your life actually it gave me hope to pursue my goal by CONVERTING CHALLENGES INTO OPPRTUNITIES.

may be i don't have money enough to do my master but I WILL that's why i start the free courses that may help me later step by step to reach my goal .

my main goal to get masters in planning and innovation development .

Thanks COURSERA for giving me the chance and my great appreciation to everyone shared his knowledge with people who need that .

I will share back once i reach my goal .

Mahmoud Ragaee

Doha , QATAR

October,13th 2020

By Qurat A

Jul 19, 2020

It was great learning experience for my career and personal life. This course is well integrated combination of Research methodologies and creative thinking skills. It provides a new perspective to look at your problems and go for out of the box thinking pattern for problem solving . It generates a new wave of optimism ,energy and zeal in me specifically at this moment of time when over all environment is really low due to pandemic. Thanks to the instructor and Coursera team for their efforts .

By Paresh K

Nov 19, 2020

Very useful for Converting day today Challenges into Opportunities.

All the methodologies are directly useful for problem-solving and the course provides very much clarity of creative, innovative, and design thinking.

Assignments and Lectures are very good at capturing all the outcome desired from the course

By Soha E

Jul 13, 2020

Reading heavy. Most of the links work well.

I chose this MOOC for this month as we are all facing major challenges due to the global pandemic. This course has helped me breakdown issues and focus on solving them methodically.

I highly recommend this course for fresh graduates and older.

By 65 O R s

Aug 16, 2020

Everything is best in this course. I have learnt everything that we have to solve problems in our day to day life and also in an organization.

But most of the content in this course is on written matter. Videos are very less. So Written matter must be converted to videos.

By Chairman M

Jul 14, 2020

Perfect course which is in good timing and its really great guide for business setup ,life analysis and much needed program to assist generally with problem solving and conducting of research as well .Its such a great guide for learning and exploring critical thinking .

By Aishwarya A K

Aug 2, 2020

This course has helped me strengthen as well as point out my SWOT and work on it. Learned how to make use of my creativity and bring out the use of it. As the name suggests it is indeed an effective way of converting challenges into opportunities.

By Morgan H

Oct 20, 2020

Gave multiple methods of problem solving in the professional and personal parts of life that I was able to apply to real-life situations. Fantastic for personal innovation and achievement, along with goal setting and creative thinking.

By Haseena M

Jan 18, 2021

I learnt multiple ways to get the best out of your team. The creative methods shared in this course are applicable to almost any field, but works specifically for entrepreneurs, leaders etc. The overall experience was excellent.

By Douglas L S

Jul 21, 2020

Drew provided insights and wisdom on leading organizations in these challenging times. He provided a wealth of tools and concepts that provide organizations with a framework for success. I highly recommend taking this course.

By Rafael S V

Apr 13, 2021

Great course! I now feel that if I ever have an opportunitei of solving a problem in my company or beeing a part of the solution, that I´m ready to cooporate with my new ideas. Thank you Coursera Tanhk you UC San Diego.

By Hilary F

Oct 16, 2020

I think the course structure, materials, contents and exercises were fantastic and appropriate for the course depth and level. But I got one question... How do I get my certificate for this course? Thanks, Hilary

By আবদুল্লাহ চ

Oct 26, 2020

this is an amazing course run by so expert teacher.From this course you learn and realize your weak point and know how easily you can overcome this problem in your personal life as well as in your work place...

By Chandra K B

Oct 3, 2020

By Nicole C

Nov 22, 2020

Appreciated the way the course was designed with a mix of videos, readings and activities. The intro videos by the Prof were very helpful in reinforcing the key points of the learning.

By Irene R

Oct 12, 2020

This was a very informative course. Topics will be useful in everyday activities and will be helpful with completing projects and for advancement in a career and for life in general.

By Fernanda C

Jul 27, 2020

Examples of situations of corporate environment motivates to use the techniques and methods learned in the course.

Material provided (articles, videos and activities) very interesting.

By flora m

Jun 26, 2020

The course was very helpful. Got many ideas in problem solving skills. Videos and reading materials were vety helpfull

The 4th module enabled me to put in words whtat i have learnt.

By Tuon S

Dec 28, 2020

Everything was giving me a lot of lessons in life and they teaching us to be confident to solve every single problem and we have enough ideas to build our plan for self and business.

By Porter B

May 14, 2020

Great course. Plethora of tools and techniques were taught and plenty of real-life applications and examples were also provided. I feel empowered. Thanks for such a wonderful course

By Amjad H

Apr 22, 2020

I have learned a lot of new techniques that now I can apply to solve my daily life and office problems. I am sure the knowledge this course has provided has practical implications.

By Aamena A

Jul 11, 2020

I found the links very helpful in this course. I learned a lot about critical thinking, innovation and problem solving techniques. Most importantly, I learned how to lead my team!

By Paul M R J

May 22, 2020

Thanks you UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO and Coursera for this very informative course. Lessons and exercises are very practical and very useful for professionals like me.

By Angie M C

Jun 19, 2020

Great Course, I really like it, I'm kind of analytical person, and love to have new tools that help to improve to move ourselfs into creativity and quality ideas and plans.