Back to Converting Challenges into Opportunities

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Converting Challenges into Opportunities by University of California San Diego

In a very competitive workplace, demonstrating your ability to turn challenges into opportunities is an important to way stand out to hiring managers and to your existing management/leadership. In this course, you will learn how to utilize the knowledge and skills needed to leverage left- and right-brain thinking, analyze problems, spur creativity, and implement innovative ideas for your workplace. Using the power of design thinking and Creative Problem Solving models you will work toward data-driven solutions to workplace challenges. You will engage in an active process of identifying/defining a specific challenge, generating a plan to address the challenge, collecting and analyzing data/information in order to sell your solution to your leadership, implementing your data-driven solution, and evaluating success of the solution. Course Outcomes: 1. Understand Design, out-of-the box, whole brain thinking, Your workplace strengths 2. Apply Qualitative and scientific research method for workplace problems, Setting priorities and analyzing for outcomes 3. Apply Creative problem solving and creative thinking, using creative techniques to overcome challenges and bring about innovation 4. Create Action plan, Learn to implement innovative ideas and present ideas...

CB
Oct 2, 2020

Thanks to both the Faculty for such a wonderful and exploratory concepts through out the course. Really helped refresh some of the topics learnt long back and new ones put into practice straight up.

GC
Mar 31, 2020

It is a wonderful course. A lot of good exercises. Feeling of Self-discovery and there is a lot of takeaways. Thank you for the course. Look forward to see more such courses in a time to come

226 - 250 of 285 Reviews for Converting Challenges into Opportunities

By tale p

good

By aithagoni m

Jun 15, 2020

good

By Vajinepalli s s

Jun 10, 2020

nice

By Sriskantharajah V

Jun 2, 2020

good

By Sanjay J

Apr 26, 2020

Best

By Emi O

Apr 28, 2020

I felt this course provided a comprehensive analysis of how to attack a problem from various angles and get to the root. I felt the information provided could easily be applied to both the workplace and in daily life. If you are stuck on a problem/have an issue you want to solve, or you just want to learn various methods and ways of thinking creatively because you’re interested in learning more about yourself, I would take this course. I enjoyed the final project as it challenged me to do both!

By Amrita B

May 1, 2020

I enjoyed this course thoroughly. I would like to go through some other courses enlisted as well. Although I faced some problems while doing the course.

1. Brainstorming video & article aren't available.

2. Switch & shift portal are redirected to some other site.

3. While going through 9 ways to avoid assumptions, couldn't find Frank Gehry's architect details.

By Heidi K

May 9, 2020

Overall this class was really helpful in reminding me some of the content I learned in my college courses. There were some new techniques that I learned as well! My biggest complaint is that I couldn't find the peer-graded assignment criteria BEFORE writing my assignments and I feel like that is a disservice to the student. Would take again!

By Peter W

Oct 6, 2020

Good class with lots of applicable content especially for someone new to the workplace. Some of the links are broke and one of the articles was in a language that couldn't be changed to English. Content is a bit dated but still very applica

By Maria E L L

MOOC is based on conventional classroom tools (lot of readings and selection of youtube videos). There are not many videos created especially for this course and there's little participation of the professor in the lectures.

By Steven H

This course is well-organized but could benefit from some updating as most of the material is years old. Otherwise, I got refreshed on many human-centered deign techniques and learned a few new ones.

By Morgane B

May 15, 2020

Content is great and well presented! Would have preferred a review by a professor rather than a peer-review but I guess this is normal in light of the amount of students enrolled in the course!

By Nikhil H

Apr 30, 2020

Quite insightful, helps in broadening perspective. Has a lot of reading content which not only helps to complete this course but also widen the horizon towards different aspects.

By Santhosh A

I like the simplicity of the way the course is laid out. 4 topics in 4 weeks and the content is so precise and to the point with references to the best resources.

By Anissa M

This class was challenging and packed with useful information. Some of the Assigned research links didn’t work but all in all an excellent source of knowledge.

By Nalin T

The contents are easy to understand and very helpful. I really love the creative strategies given in the course but somehow I wish there are more of examples.

By faraz a

May 1, 2020

The course is very challenging, really like the lectures, articles and overall assignments.

Thanks for the teachers for conducting this course.

By Diego D

May 9, 2020

This course is amazing, it allowed me to understand a lot about myself and about human beings in general. It was great and i recommend it!

By Mukul D

Sep 27, 2019

The course if a bit theory intensive, but the resources shared are really informative (Do check out the art of innovation video for sure'

By VIRGINIA D L

Jul 13, 2020

The course was very interesting especially the TED talks videos and the supplemental articles for reading. It was very helpful for me.

By Bridgette A

Mar 31, 2021

It's Supper awesome studying here

it's never a waste of time.

They have opportunities opened to everyone who loves to learn.

By N'GUESSAN H J E

Apr 18, 2020

It's a very enriching course; I've learned a lot, new ways of thinking and approaches to solve problem.

By navneet

May 23, 2020

This course is amazing and I learned a new ways to help me proceed further during challenges.

By critical m

Apr 24, 2020

Course is good but one thing i would like to suggest provide video instead of reading.

By kondepudi v d

Apr 26, 2020

Many skills that can be learnt in this course to empower ourselves in life .good