Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

SD
Jul 13, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

MM
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

226 - 250 of 1,115 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By KONSTANTINA G

Jun 18, 2018

The most important of the 4 courses in terms of setting the basis. As usual, the only problem was having to wait for someone to review my work (10 days) in order to finish the course... but hey, that's´s how it is.

By Daniel P

Jun 26, 2018

I throughly enjoyed the task and challenge of writing such a short story using the prescribed words in specifically designed structure. I hope I was up to the task and cannot wait to see the response to my effort.

By Edith G B O

Jan 3, 2020

Curso intensivo sobre como redactar un texto creativo. Todas las lecciones ayudan a impulsar y mejorar los aspectos creativos de la narración. Quedo muy contenta de los resultados que tuve al estar en este curso.

By Aiden T N

Nov 10, 2016

I loved this course and the assignments were really putting every section to work right away.

I wish that at least one of my papers would have been reviewed by Brando... but maybe that will happen in the capstone.

By Sarah M

Nov 16, 2020

I loved how Professor Skyhorse introduced and went on with the course. I especially liked the many examples he gave, which served to further make clear the content or the steps of what I am supposed to be doing.

By Janet S

Jul 20, 2017

I found this to be a challenging - and very eye-opening - course. I really enjoyed the instructor's style. I recommend this course to anyone who either wants to write or is already writing and wants to improve.

By Umme K

Aug 24, 2019

A very effective course to learn creative writing. I have surely improved my skills in terms of writing. Thank you for all the valuable things i have learned. Looking forward for the next part of this course.

By jorge E v D j

Feb 4, 2020

Es un curso excelente que amplía el panorama en la escritura de un relato. Es una guía en el trayecto de la estructura como se conforman las historias. Las clases y el instructor son muy amenos y asertivos.

By Karen R

Nov 2, 2018

I can't say which one of the courses was the best, as I learned so much from each of them. It's been a while since I've taken this course and I'm sure if I took it again, would learn even more. Thank you!

By Laura C

Mar 28, 2017

It is a really good introduction to writing, I love it. The format of the course is excellent for virtual studies, the time periods are good for completing the assignments combine with every day activities.

By Andrea R H

Jun 23, 2020

Brando Skyhorse is such a great teacher! I loved this course through and through, I really feel like I'm improving my writing and it's helping me with the novels I'm currently working on. A million thanks!

By Sinny N

Oct 14, 2020

Professor was very clear while explaining his classes, I really loved it. I found his writing advices and tips to be very useful. Also the interviews with the other writers shed a new light on my writing.

Mar 25, 2020

I've been writing for a long time, even having some success at it, but have never taken any formal training. I feel that you take away from this course what you put into it, even if you're not a beginner.

By Neerja J

This was my first writing course, I would say it is well structured and do give you challenges in form of assignments. If you are an aspiring writer, its a good way to begin your writing course journey.

By Felicia W

Oct 15, 2020

I truly did enjoy the class and I intend to finish the entire series of courses! I just have to move on a slow pace which I'm very happy it is an available option as well as the discounts on classes.

By David K

Sep 2, 2020

I have always been an avid reader. I took this class to familiarize myself with the techniques behind plot development. I would highly recommend this course, and the creative writing specialization.

By similoluwa f

Apr 4, 2019

It was very impactful and insightful...i had to opportunity to thing through my writing creatively. The idea of other writers reviewing my work was a good one as the feedback was quite constructive.

By Camille T

Oct 12, 2018

Extremely helpful! I'm rethinking a lot of my previous approach to writing, especially when it comes to creating interesting scenes and ensuring my characters each have a clear desire while I write.

By Suzanna D

Jul 14, 2020

The instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

By Giovanna S

Mar 11, 2019

It was a good course. It was a good grading method, I was a little opposed in the beginning but I now I understand the value of having more than a teacher read your work.

It is very much worth it.

By Shubham N

Jul 1, 2017

Course is well structured and the material is very helpful. I enjoyed both the lessons and the assignments. The review from fellow classmates helped me alot in improving my creative writing skills.

By Ashley K

Mar 15, 2016

Good material. Brando Skyhorse is a very talented lecturer. The exercises look simple but are actually very difficult, so set aside more time than you expect to complete them within the parameters.

By Crystal M

Mar 19, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It had a lot of concrete advice, and motivated me to start writing again. The assignments made sense, and gave me a list of things to look for when editing the draft.

By Damilola O

Apr 19, 2017

This course is worth every minute I spent taking it. Thanks to Brando and the rest of the team behind the lens. You've made a better writer out of me. I'd write your name in my acknowledgements!

By Abhinav B

I don't think the peer-reviewing is a great thing. I wrote a great scene got 100% grade at the end, but I got 0 at the first attempt of the same.

Would be great if the mentor could have a look.