Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

51 - 75 of 640 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Joe M

Dec 08, 2018

Very well put together course. Gave me great insight on plot but especially editing and revision. I was pretty directionless when it came to revising my own work and the last week of this course was a excellent eye-opener. I have a way better idea how and what I should be changing instead of just re-writing everything a bunch of times. Looking forward to the next course!

By Helen A

Dec 09, 2018

Really good explanations and relevant examples throughout. The only week where the examples were hard for me to untangle were those in the show-don't-tell scene lesson. Overall though, great.

By Laura-Alexandra C

Jul 15, 2018

Very much enjoyed the course and the creative assignments every week! They really got me looking forward to writing every week.

By Heather K

Jul 16, 2018

Brando did a great job of teaching, and the assignments are amazing, and work great with the material. I've learned a lot! Thank you!

By Homer W

Jul 13, 2018

The structure and make-up of plot come to be better understood.

By David F

Sep 08, 2018

Very informative and helpful introduction to scene construction. I now enjoy watching TV and reading stories which involve the ABDCE structure and I ask myself questions based on the 21-point revision process. It adds a whole new dimension for enjoying stories which makes this course worthwhile even if you have no intention of ever writing anything yourself.

By Ramona K

Sep 22, 2018

This course has helped me understand how to write so the reader sees what I am telling. More than a story someone reads to you but allows you the ability to bring the reader in to see the action and be a part of what is going on.

By Leo J R

Sep 20, 2018

Great lectures - bite size, enthusiastic instructors. Very interesting assignment.

By Shellie K

Sep 25, 2018

I enjoyed the assignments and felt the instructor, Brando Skyhorse, was clear in his explanations and assignments. This course helped me organize and pace my stories in a meaningful way. It also reminded me of the power of revision. If you have to pick 1 course out of the entire series, this one is probably the one to pick.

By Brandon S

Sep 13, 2018

Great course, it got me writing and using new strategies I hadn't before. Would recommend to any aspiring writers.

By Albin D

Sep 13, 2018

I've learned so much, but how to structure my scenes and plot in general, sticks out the most.

By C B

Sep 14, 2018

Definitely gave me the confidence to move forward and learn more.

By Peter Q

Aug 26, 2018

This course has lots of information to help you structure your writing and good tips to make it engaging - the rest is up to you. Good assignments that make the theoretical parts practical. I really enjoyed the rating of other participants, it makes you really look for the elements and helps to distinguish them is your own writing. Getting feedback from other participants was very rewarding and useful - they did a great job of making me conscious of areas that need improvement.

By MAHENDRANATH

Aug 10, 2018

Thanks for this initiation.

I have been been benefited

By Mert G G

Aug 10, 2018

This section gave me a whole new perspective on plot structure. The lectures and discussions were to the point and definitely increased my passion for writing all the more.

By Laura M C

Aug 29, 2018

Loved it. Enjoyed the materials and the assignments immensely. The only thing I , let's say, dislike is that we have no feedback from an instructor. Although it is not a realistic request, I know, I still wished it.

By Miss Z

Aug 28, 2018

Very useful.

By Nisarg S

Aug 16, 2018

The course is precisely designed and gives ample amount of information regarding the plot. This course has given me enough details about the plot and its structure in detail with different types and methods, that I can now write my own novel about which I was procrastinating a lot.

By Aprielle T

Aug 29, 2018

Great course! I definitely learned alot of valuable information.

By Christine W

Sep 02, 2018

I got as much out of this class as I put into it, which is to say, I learned a lot. That being said, I also supplemented what I got out of the lectures with material that I found elsewhere on the web.

This is a really good starter class for creative writing and I would recommend it, but something has to be done about the lack of reviewers since whether learners pass or fail the class is based on those reviews. I'm not sure what the solution is but I do know that it is necessary to go ISO writing clubs on the web or real life with like-minded people seeking feedback on their work.

By Renee C W

Sep 01, 2018

Learned so much from this very instructive course. Fantastic lectures and great, challenging assignments.

By Amanda P S

Sep 01, 2018

Os cursos da especialização em Creative Writing estão me ajudando bastante a desenvolver meu processo de escrita! As atividades foram interessantes, as entrevistas com os professores são super bacanas e eu gostei bastante de conhecer um pouco da história dos meus colegas de classe. Com certeza, não teria acesso a um curso tão bom e acessível na cidade em que moro.

Por fim, gostaria de agradecer ao Coursera pelo auxílio financeiro. Obrigada por acreditarem em mim e me darem essa oportunidade!

By Shirley B

Sep 03, 2018

awesome course, well structured and presented. I have learned a lot and have found it of immense value for my writing

By sameer k

Oct 05, 2018

bj

By Geraldine R

Oct 08, 2018

This course is great. I learned a lot and I didn't feel that I was stifled creatively.

The course content is relevant and is presented well online.