Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

76 - 100 of 638 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Emmanuel C L

Oct 20, 2018

Excelente conteúdo.

By Nancy L l

Oct 10, 2018

I enjoyed the course. The structure of the lessons was easy to follow and understand. The videos of such accomplished writers sharing valuable information was not only helpful but also entertaining.

I've wanted to try my hand at writing for many years. This was an affordable and effective way to do it from the remote Redwoods in California. Reviewing other learners work was more helpful than I had expected it to be. Perhaps the most difficult part of the module, I hope I was as helpful to others as they were to me. I will remember the ABDCE format and hopefully be able to apply it to all my writing in the future. Thank you Brando Skyhorse for you leadership.

By Judy W W J

Oct 03, 2018

I have learned a great deal from this course and will use the skills learned to continue advancing my writing skills. Thank you Brando. Your teaching materials have been of invaluable use.

By D'Andra L

Oct 27, 2018

The best out of all the courses in the specialization.

By Karen R

Nov 02, 2018

I can't say which one of the courses was the best, as I learned so much from each of them. It's been a while since I've taken this course and I'm sure if I took it again, would learn even more. Thank you!

By Jeanne B

Nov 04, 2018

wonderfully set up. I can follow and do at my own page and learn so much at the same time. Its structure keeps me going and the extended deadlines are a very useful feature... so is the price of the subscription, as it does keep me from going too far off off deadlines.

By Nishant J

Nov 05, 2018

best course ever seen

By Marianna M G

Nov 07, 2018

Curso de alto nível. Excelente para em especial, novos escritores e também, para escritores já experientes que queiram revisar e aprender ainda mais. Incrível! Mais ainda, pois temos a possibilidade de sermos analisados nas atividades após finalização das Semanas e também analisar trabalhos de outros colegas.

By Álvaro D H

Nov 08, 2018

It could have, on the last week, one professional evaluation, couldn't it?

By Victoria F S

Nov 09, 2018

I have enjoyed this course very much. Now I feel confident that I can create a compelling plot in my stories. I also now understand what a scene is, which is very important. I can teach what I have learned, too. What is exciting is that I now feel energized to keep writing stories. Thank you so much for your approach, which I find caring and practical! Best to all writers/professors!

By DJ R

Nov 11, 2018

Very good course. This course forced me to leave the box i had built for myself and my writing.

By Hana H

Nov 11, 2018

Really enjoyed the course! Gave me a lot of direction and good structure for my future work.

By Carlos R

Nov 22, 2018

Fantastic. I really have learned how to identify the structure of the plot in the stories I read, and I am now able to structure plots to my stories - their bones - which I will in a second moment I will fill up with scenes - the flesh.

By Laura B

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

By Carol A G

Nov 17, 2018

I'm thoroughly enjoying this course. I look forward to moving through each phase and I feel that I am being guided through the basics in the best possible way.

By Sarunjade P

Nov 05, 2016

Awesome for the beginner of creative writing!

By Najwat R

Apr 12, 2018

Great course for aspiring writers. I had never written even a few sentences of fiction and I felt this course very effectively introduced me to all the basic elements needed to put a story together. The assignments were especially thoughtful. Thanks Brando and fellow learners who shared their valuable feedback and their own work.

By Cora B

Apr 02, 2016

Great course, really helped me develop my skills in plot.

By Olivia W

Mar 06, 2016

I enjoyed taking this course. It was interesting and I found every module useful.

By Debra T

May 24, 2018

So many valuable lessons to be learned here about how plot should logically unfold in your story. I will be reviewing the lectures again to constantly improve my writing. Thank you!

By Jeannette W

Jan 04, 2017

Loved it!

By Jose A P M

Jun 21, 2017

This course helps us to understand how to

By Shalini N

Jul 04, 2018

Loved this course. I learnt a great deal. Enjoyed the feedback I received.

By Kecia M R

Mar 12, 2016

I expected to hear the usual "show don't tell" mantra that I have heard in other fiction writing courses. Instead I learned the one thing that makes that statement make sense to me. I learned what they mean when someone says "show don't tell" and then I learned how to do it. Thank you Brando Skyhorse.

By Kristin T

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent Introduction to Creative Writing! As someone new to creative writing I found this class informative, challenging and inspiring. I highly recommend this course!