Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

201 - 225 of 645 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By David E

Apr 05, 2016

This is an absolutely wonderful course.

By Courtney Z

Mar 27, 2018

I learned so much in this course, particularly, how to edit what I am writing to tell a better story to the reader. Great course- highly recommended.

By Gloria C

Sep 21, 2017

Great course to understand the foundations of story writing.

By Cristofer C L

Jun 29, 2016

Brando Skyhorse is an excellent teacher, and the course becomes more and more challenging as you go.

By Amber B

Oct 01, 2016

Great way to bump up writing skills, especially with plot development. Really enjoyed!

By Lauren R

Jul 28, 2017

I am loving these classes so far and am excited to continue learning. Just by taking this class and reading the prompts, I'm finding the motivation to write and coming up with more to write about. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

By Egal E

Jan 18, 2018

Love this course. It has re-ignited my will to pursue writing again and ultimate finish a book possibly...

By K.C. W

May 02, 2016

This course was a great learning experience.

By Lisa D

May 13, 2018

An excellent class. It helped me sharpen up my writing. I would say this is better than any book I ever read on writing. A huge part of it was in the reading and reviewing of other student's work. I felt I learned even more in doing that.

By Fatima

Nov 01, 2016

Great overview and excellent teacher. Enjoyed the points discussed

By leslie s

Sep 29, 2016

Great class! Simple and direct. Brando Skyhorse has a great demeanor and very open and warm. Very encouraging. The assignments were clear and manageable and yet challenging. Stimulating to push past my comfort zone. Definitely recommend it! Thanks so much, Brando!

By Liz E H

Jun 26, 2016

Muy buen curso. Aprendi muchisimas cosas utiles que ahora hacen que mis historias se entiendan mejor.

By Lynn C

Nov 13, 2016

Thank you! I learned so much.

By Светлана

Dec 03, 2017

Thank you a lot. This course was veryuseful.

By Margot R M

Jun 09, 2016

Thought this more than useful in relation to plot and how conversation should move the story along

By Hansel B

Mar 28, 2016

I enjoyed it

By Michael H

Oct 22, 2016

I audited this course after completing two books - a novel and a memoir - that were going nowhere and fast.In both cases I knew I had a great story to tell, but I was telling it poorly. After taking Brando's course, I believe the biggest weakness in each story was my failure to appreciate not only plot generally, but the finer points he discusses here: show, don't tell; the five-act story; the 21 points of editing, and so forth. I've read Stephen King's "On Writing," but too often have dismissed the valuable information therein. Brando's course, both his own teaching and the valuable interviews, I know will make me a better storyteller and, will help me write compelling, plot-driven stories. Whether or not this leads to me getting published - well, hopefully someday I can thank Brando in an "Acknowledgements" page :)

By Aisha K

Jun 28, 2016

Excellent skill-building, even for the novice writer!

By Hector M C L

Feb 11, 2018

Really good, the exercises are challenging and make you work on making good scenes and stories in very limited word counts. Brando's classes are easy to follow and his advice hits the mark. The guest lectures are also very insightful

By Esther M

Nov 01, 2016

This is a good course and a good series. It has been very helpful for me in terms of learning to be a writer and in terms of asking myself what kind of a writer I want to be.

By Diego B A

Aug 30, 2016

Its just been the first week.... and I love it!!!!!!!!!

By Alicia S

Jul 05, 2016

I didn't take this class for credit, I took this class as a refresher. The professor gave a lot of good information and I really enjoyed the class. I enjoyed the class so much, I would take it again. Please recommend a book for the next class. Good class!

By Florencia P

Oct 16, 2017

The videos are very helpful. Brandon is awesome explaining. This course really helped me design better the plot before I started writing.

By Haroon B

Mar 29, 2018

It is as intense as you make it. When you glance through the exercises and take the videos, it seem so easy, but it isn't. The early exercises are quite okay, but as you progress you will really need to put in time and effort. Great course.

By Arianna C

Mar 12, 2016

Really enjoyed it. The teacher makes learning fun and interesting. Also the assignement are pretty challenging.