Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB
Nov 15, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

MM
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

276 - 300 of 1,107 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Emily L

Nov 24, 2017

I learned so much from this course. Brando's videos were very clear with identifiable takeaways and assignments that were very much in keeping with the lessons in each module.

By Esther M

Nov 1, 2016

This is a good course and a good series. It has been very helpful for me in terms of learning to be a writer and in terms of asking myself what kind of a writer I want to be.

By Waheeda B

Jul 28, 2020

This course taught me more than I thought it would; and I had a lot of expectations, all of them fulfilled! A total recommendation for those who are into stories and writing.

By AJ H

May 7, 2020

Overall it's a really good/comprehensive course for a beginner. I'm a big fan of peer reviews so that was lovely. Also, the guest interviews were really engaging and helpful.

By eileen p

Sep 10, 2019

I enjoy the practical and thoughtful teaching as well as the assignments. They work for me as a beginner and I have loads of information to practice and play with. Thank you!

By Daniel O

Dec 13, 2018

In the last days of learning this course (not done yet) I feel my fears of venturing into fiction writing leaving. The content of the course is good. The delivery is spot on.

By 张凯

Apr 30, 2016

This course is very interesting and easily to understand for beginner just like me. And through read the stories of other students, I learned more and find my disadvantages.

By Mert G G

Aug 10, 2018

This section gave me a whole new perspective on plot structure. The lectures and discussions were to the point and definitely increased my passion for writing all the more.

By Ave G

Jul 22, 2017

I loved everything about this course: the interviews with other authors, reviewing other's work, Brando's way of explaining made it easy to understand and apply to my work.

By Nowshin N N

Jul 1, 2020

Doing this course encouraged me to write more and let my imagination create wonderful stories. I learned a lot and gave my total outcome. It was truly an amazing journey.

By Deepak V

Aug 11, 2020

The course is really good and appropriate not only for the people who are just starting to write but also for people who have some previous knowledge of writing stories.

By Meghean M

May 22, 2020

I greatly enjoyed the experience and learned quite a bit. I've been writing on my own for years but feel like I have a better idea on how to format and what to look for.

By Kristin T

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent Introduction to Creative Writing! As someone new to creative writing I found this class informative, challenging and inspiring. I highly recommend this course!

By Sahil M

Jan 21, 2020

The exceptional teaching provided by the instructor really simplified the art of creative writing for me , highly recommend it for anyone who wants to pursue the field.

By Pritika P

Dec 17, 2017

I really enjoyed this course!!

Brando taught this course so well- with adequate resources, theoretical knowledge, easy-to-understand explanations!

Enriching experience!

By Rounak S

Jul 21, 2020

loved the course. it really made me learn concepts I didn't know to implement. Now I can easily plot the story. Thanks to mentor who always should examples to explain.

By Muwaffaq S

Jun 16, 2018

Good starting module that gives some simple techniques to improve writing. Not too easy and not too hard. I am doing the second unit based on the strength of the first

By Warren P

Aug 30, 2017

This class helped me a lot. I learned how to structure my stories and get the mechanics right, so they follow the arc they should. I also learned to show and not tell.

By Bandhana D

Jul 17, 2020

I am thrilled to attend the course - I learned a lot. It was well constructed and with great examples and also made very engaging by the visiting professor.

Thank you!

By Summer S

Sep 19, 2019

I enjoyed these introductory lessons into creative writing. It has given me a great jumping-off point from which to continue growing into the writer I'd like to be.

By Alejandro P

Jun 17, 2018

It has been a great course that helped me better understand the basics of plot, structure, "scenes", building characters and trying to show rather than tell a story

By Janet W

Jul 6, 2016

I loved this course. It really gets into the meat writing. I look forward to the other Creative Writing Courses and recommend it to anyone interested in writing.

By Abdul h

Aug 31, 2020

This course is really wonderful for me. I am glad to choose this course and i have learned many things many technics that i should have learned

By Brianne P

May 26, 2016

I love it and very easy to follow. Great for the beginner trying to fine tune their work and/or get started. They offer you the tools to author your first story!

By Kashera A

Jan 6, 2020

A wonderful course to learn what it really takes to develop a strong plot, write and review it, and to see what others may be doing that you aren't! I loved it.