Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

BM

Nov 05, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

326 - 350 of 644 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Rebecca D

Aug 20, 2016

I absolutely loved this class. I found this course fun, interesting and informative. I feel that I have a better understanding on how to create interesting characters and how to make scene's that captivate and hold a reader's attention. I would highly recommend this class to anyone who has an interest in writing.

By Marian F

Oct 12, 2016

A good course that I would recommend to everyone that want to follow a career in creative writing or to improve their passion.

It helped me to acknowledge things that you have to take in account when writing a book.I could not imagine some of this things when I was thinking about an action,and,how to put it on paper and sound good for the reader.

The assignments are very good and you can also complete them in audit only mode , but only for yourself , no one will revive you.

It`s not that easy to write something when you don`t know much things about the structures , how to build a character and so on , but , here you have everything you need and it`s free.

I finished the course in audit only mode but if you have the possibility to buy it , don`t hesitate.

By Peter P

Sep 18, 2016

Perfect basic information for me. Thanks a lot

By George U

Dec 18, 2017

A lot to learn. Fantastic

By Loic C L

Dec 01, 2017

so aspirational and practical !

By Janet W

Jul 06, 2016

I loved this course. It really gets into the meat writing. I look forward to the other Creative Writing Courses and recommend it to anyone interested in writing.

By Natascha M P

Aug 25, 2017

This course managed to open me up to my creative writing side after a long period of feeling blocked and being stuck.

By Amanda C

Aug 15, 2016

Brando Skyhorse is a well spoken instructor. Well done.

By Sasha M

Aug 02, 2016

Putting aside the use of the Coursera apps on Ipad and Iphone (which are beyond awful and made the experience of taking this course utterly frustrating), this course was outstanding. The student will be given sold information on how to organize, structure, and edit a story. All of the material was approachable and extremely useful.

By Nourhan E

Sep 18, 2016

This course was really useful and Mr. Skyhorse's way of explaining in the videos was so good

By Lilian S

Sep 26, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. I learned so much and i feel like it's helped me grow as a writer.

By Patricia A

Dec 20, 2017

Really liked the 21-point checklist to revise my work.

By Pritika P

Dec 18, 2017

I really enjoyed this course!!

Brando taught this course so well- with adequate resources, theoretical knowledge, easy-to-understand explanations!

Enriching experience!

By Ibrahim N

Nov 11, 2016

An excellent course which will lead you to the significant entrance into creative writing. I am a beginner writer and I think this course helped me a lot to understand the general philosophy and some methods in creative writing. I strongly recommend this course to every person who is interested in any kind of text writing.

By Paulina V

Mar 19, 2018

Great course, I've learned a lot!

By Alexandra L

Mar 25, 2018

A lot of valuable information and the assignments are just right to try to put it into practice

By Hansel B

Mar 28, 2016

I enjoyed it

By Michael H

Oct 22, 2016

I audited this course after completing two books - a novel and a memoir - that were going nowhere and fast.In both cases I knew I had a great story to tell, but I was telling it poorly. After taking Brando's course, I believe the biggest weakness in each story was my failure to appreciate not only plot generally, but the finer points he discusses here: show, don't tell; the five-act story; the 21 points of editing, and so forth. I've read Stephen King's "On Writing," but too often have dismissed the valuable information therein. Brando's course, both his own teaching and the valuable interviews, I know will make me a better storyteller and, will help me write compelling, plot-driven stories. Whether or not this leads to me getting published - well, hopefully someday I can thank Brando in an "Acknowledgements" page :)

By Aisha K

Jun 28, 2016

Excellent skill-building, even for the novice writer!

By Hector M C L

Feb 11, 2018

Really good, the exercises are challenging and make you work on making good scenes and stories in very limited word counts. Brando's classes are easy to follow and his advice hits the mark. The guest lectures are also very insightful

By Beth K

Jun 20, 2016

I audited this course so I was locked out of submitting assignments; however, I would recommend this course to any creative writing beginner (like myself). The course was well organized and concise and the concepts were clear. It was easy to apply the concept to the assignments and I was surprised at what I was able to write as a result of auditing this course.

By Ashwin

Oct 30, 2016

Superb Course

By Esther M

Nov 01, 2016

This is a good course and a good series. It has been very helpful for me in terms of learning to be a writer and in terms of asking myself what kind of a writer I want to be.

By maria g c

Apr 09, 2018

I enjoyed this course, because it gives a good insight to the tecnique of crafting a plot. I will certainly keep the suggestions precious for my own writing!

By Diego B A

Aug 30, 2016

Its just been the first week.... and I love it!!!!!!!!!