Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

351 - 375 of 640 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Victor C

Oct 26, 2017

Real clear and excellent for beginners!

By Gretchen R

Sep 22, 2017

Perfect for those of us who don't know anything about the craft of writing.

By Nathan B

Mar 21, 2018

I learned a lot about writing and the importance of allowing your characters to be free.

By Adam W

Sep 13, 2016

I'm really quite liking it! It's fun and I get to be creative! Yep! Good stuff!

By Claudia M

Jul 03, 2018

Great insights on how to build a coherent story

By Prithvi O

Jul 06, 2017

loved it

By Lori B B (

Nov 29, 2017

I enjoyed this segment, but I wish there had been more about plot structure and outlining.

By Shruthi S

Jun 07, 2018

amazing

By Neha A

Jan 17, 2018

amazing course. I got a a fresh, clear perspective towards better expression.

By Ridhi R

Mar 12, 2018

I love this course! It has given me a lot of information that will come in handy when developing my own stories and ideas. The videos are crisp and to the point, yet wonderfully detailed to open up my thinking possibilities and imagination.

By Federico B S

May 30, 2018

I liked this course a lot. It helped me get a better sense of the formal structure of narrative and what each part of a story is supposed to achieve. The exercises are great. The constraints the instructor set for them make them useful tools for grasping the concepts he explained during each module. Make sure you stick to the instructions and just try to have fun.

By Erica R

Apr 30, 2018

I thought this course was very good in breaking down the basics. I learned a lot of helpful information. I highly recommend it, especially for those new to the writing craft.

As a suggestion, it would have been helpful to know all assignments are peer reviewed. Meaning you are responsible for not only writing your homework, but critiquing 3 others as well. Some how I missed this in the course description. You are not done until your reviews are done, then you can move on. If you are like me and don't have the type of job where you can write or even view your course while working, this can be time consuming. Especially when the reviews you need to submit have a deadline. Sometimes it doesn't take much time. Other times writers submit a thesis when the assignment limit was 500 words. Those take much longer. If you are pressed for time, it can be quite frustrating.

By Nysha c

Jan 14, 2018

Very useful and inspiring.

By Emily L

Nov 24, 2017

I learned so much from this course. Brando's videos were very clear with identifiable takeaways and assignments that were very much in keeping with the lessons in each module.

By Clémence C

Jan 31, 2018

It is an excellent class : Very clear and easy to follow. The teacher is great and gives very good basics and rules. It makes writing looks very easy !

By LEEEEEO

Jan 28, 2018

对于中国学员,我能听懂就相当不错了。用英文写作很吃力,而且对我完全没必要。。。作业可以中文提交不??

By Vasileia

Sep 13, 2017

Great course! It really helps you realize the basics of plot and the requirements for writing a good book. Very analytical and easy to follow. Also the projects were very helpful as well as the feedback received form the peers. Highly reccomended!

By Unni M K

Jun 27, 2018

It's very helpful and does improve the skills.

By William I H

Sep 12, 2017

The course gave me information and practical new ways of looking at structure and plot that I'm sure are already helping to make me a better writer. Thanks.

By Margarita

Aug 15, 2017

A lot of interesting information. Really happy to be here.

By Prem K

Mar 29, 2018

Great insight and instruction! The information on structuring scenes, revision, and how each chapter should be formed was VERY helpful

By Goher I P

Oct 14, 2017

This is simply very informative and interesting course.

By Ryheb Y

Apr 12, 2018

Great

By Shweta B

Jul 02, 2018

It was a great course which helped me set my pace for other courses. It also motivated me to start writting again.

By Daniel P

Jun 27, 2018

I throughly enjoyed the task and challenge of writing such a short story using the prescribed words in specifically designed structure. I hope I was up to the task and cannot wait to see the response to my effort.