Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

MM

Dec 01, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

126 - 150 of 640 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Anna B

May 16, 2016

i recommend this course , an excellent introduction for an aspiring writer or anyone interested in litterature as it explains and decomposes thorougly the mechanics of plot , thru very alive ideos and sharing of experienced writers , i enjoyed the submissions which taught me disciplin and structure . This experience helped broaden my horizon , i learned a lot from the peer rewiew also , this first module convinced me to go on and complete the full course. Thank you

By Ольга О

Jun 13, 2016

Thank you very much! I was enjoying this course and I hope that I will be enjoying all specialization.

By Heather F R

Jul 22, 2016

Excellent course. I learned tools that I can apply to my writing. Thank you

By Renee C

Aug 30, 2016

I found this course useful in focusing my short stories. I found the lectures useful, interesting, and directly applicable to the assignments.

By Hugo E G L

Feb 07, 2016

I'm learning a lot about creative writing. The examples are very clear, the course itself is very entertaining. You won't regret taking this course.

Cheers!

By Akmaral

May 28, 2017

I really liked the course! It was exactly what I needed. All the topics are in place, mapping out all the white spots, feeling gaps with knowledge on how to draft your story, how to build rising action to finally end up with self-fullfilling denouement. The video lectures are compiled logically, bit by bit they help you through your own creative chaos and nail your story so that it contents intrigue, tension and empathy potential.

By lisa r

Jun 17, 2016

This course involved challenging assignments and very interesting lessons. I thought the course was well thought out and would recommend it to anyone.

By Hope M V

Jun 21, 2016

I am very much enjoying how my professor breaks everything down to the simplest form. I find myself applying what I have learned to my everyday writing as well as things I read and watch. He is upbeat and energetic and the assignments are fun! Although he asks for 200 words and I find that difficult because I am accustomed to writing a small novel for each answer, as you can clearly tell from my review of this course.

I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to begin writing or to writers who want a fundamental understanding of what they are already doing.

By David H

Jun 18, 2016

This was a great way to get started writing again after a long time. The videos were engaging and full of good information. It's good to see and hear real authors talk about the work.

By Pansy W

Jun 27, 2016

Excellent.

By Juan A R P

Feb 18, 2016

Great start on the course.

By Siddhesh P

Mar 22, 2016

Awesome!

By David E

Apr 05, 2016

This is an absolutely wonderful course.

By Courtney Z

Mar 27, 2018

I learned so much in this course, particularly, how to edit what I am writing to tell a better story to the reader. Great course- highly recommended.

By Gloria C

Sep 21, 2017

Great course to understand the foundations of story writing.

By Cristofer C L

Jun 29, 2016

Brando Skyhorse is an excellent teacher, and the course becomes more and more challenging as you go.

By Amber B

Oct 01, 2016

Great way to bump up writing skills, especially with plot development. Really enjoyed!

By Lauren R

Jul 28, 2017

I am loving these classes so far and am excited to continue learning. Just by taking this class and reading the prompts, I'm finding the motivation to write and coming up with more to write about. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you.

By Egal E

Jan 18, 2018

Love this course. It has re-ignited my will to pursue writing again and ultimate finish a book possibly...

By K.C. W

May 02, 2016

This course was a great learning experience.

By Lisa D

May 13, 2018

An excellent class. It helped me sharpen up my writing. I would say this is better than any book I ever read on writing. A huge part of it was in the reading and reviewing of other student's work. I felt I learned even more in doing that.

By Fatima

Nov 01, 2016

Great overview and excellent teacher. Enjoyed the points discussed

By leslie s

Sep 29, 2016

Great class! Simple and direct. Brando Skyhorse has a great demeanor and very open and warm. Very encouraging. The assignments were clear and manageable and yet challenging. Stimulating to push past my comfort zone. Definitely recommend it! Thanks so much, Brando!

By Liz E H

Jun 26, 2016

Muy buen curso. Aprendi muchisimas cosas utiles que ahora hacen que mis historias se entiendan mejor.

By Lynn C

Nov 13, 2016

Thank you! I learned so much.