Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB
Nov 15, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

MM
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

176 - 200 of 1,107 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Juanita J

Aug 12, 2017

Very enjoyable course, challenging assignment, and a great instructor. The course content was well organized and presented. Brandon Skyhorse's presentations were well done and concise making his lessons easy to comprehend. Thanks for a great course!

By Arslan B

Apr 26, 2020

Thanks, tons, Wesleyan University, and Professor Brando Skyhorse. I loved the first course, The Craft of Plot, in the Creative Writing Specialization. I learned from this course, and I hope to learn some more from the remaining courses in this series.

By Chiam Y W

Jul 17, 2018

Very well broken down into bite sized and easily digested information on what a plot is to tips on drafting a plot. The assignments tied in directly with the content taught each week which really help to further deepen the understanding and learning.

By Mariana P

Feb 15, 2017

Excellent way to start diving into the awesome adventure that is creative writing. The structure of the course is laid out nicely for all learners - both beginners and more advance. Highly recommend it if you want to start learning more about writing.

By David Y

Apr 6, 2020

This was a highly useful — and not at all broad — delve into the things that really make and break creative writing. A short and well-crafted program that highlights issues in writing with the solutions best suited for creative writers of all levels.

By Akanksha K

Sep 27, 2017

A really nice, easy to follow and well paced course. I'm a beginner at creative with a long lasting love for literature. By the end of this course I was able to write a complete story which was at least a one time good read. Not bad for a rookie :)

By Vasileia

Sep 13, 2017

Great course! It really helps you realize the basics of plot and the requirements for writing a good book. Very analytical and easy to follow. Also the projects were very helpful as well as the feedback received form the peers. Highly reccomended!

By Paulette H

Jul 15, 2020

I really enjoyed this class. I learned a lot I did not know and some that I had learned but forgotten. Brando Skyhorse is an excellent teacher. I was able to see marked improvement in my writing skills. Thank you for making this course available.

By Tabitha R B

Jul 18, 2018

Really easy to follow, each writing assignment was a great challenge (the trickiest one was week three's). I took lots of notes, and will be referring back to them often with each writing project I take on (including the two series I'm writing).

By Yana D

Jun 6, 2020

This course gave me an understanding of what a right and interesting book should look like. The course not only clearly reads how a writer should design his book, but also what thoughts should be in his head. Thank you for this wonderful course!

By Salma H

Feb 12, 2019

Exceptional! This course has helped me with sourcing ideas, organizing my writing and developing a keener eye for structure in my stories. Thank you so much for this opportunity, and I'm looking forward to the next courses in the specialization!

By Neil D

Apr 29, 2017

This course took me one step closer to my goal to becoming a good writer. The material was presented clearly and efficiently. I liked the implementation of the peer review system and I found the ability to go at my own pace extremely gratifying.

By Abiola O

Feb 2, 2017

I had tried my hands at writing before, but this course gave a better grounding in the skills of writing a story. I feel more confident now . The module presentations were interesting and I particularly liked the interviews accomplished authors.

By TJ S

Jun 23, 2018

I recommend this course. I find creating clear plots rather difficult which are time- consuming when done correctly. The steps provided for creating the structure, scenes, and plot are very informative and all one need do is think and write.

By Gunn Y

This course was very inspiring and mostly helped me write better. But there were some people who did not try at all and lacked the will to finish this course. But other than that, I think this course was very intelligent and well organized.

By Vishal M

Aug 22, 2019

The course was good, I wish there are separate notes. I did made mine, I found everything helpful. I mean the entire transcript, and since I read the notes that I made handwritten, it took a lot of time for me to digest but it was worth it.

By Haroon B

Mar 29, 2018

It is as intense as you make it. When you glance through the exercises and take the videos, it seem so easy, but it isn't. The early exercises are quite okay, but as you progress you will really need to put in time and effort. Great course.

By Ridhi R

Mar 12, 2018

I love this course! It has given me a lot of information that will come in handy when developing my own stories and ideas. The videos are crisp and to the point, yet wonderfully detailed to open up my thinking possibilities and imagination.

By Atanas K

Sep 20, 2020

What I really liked in this course is that it is focused on writing practice. The amount of theoretical concepts introduced is just about right. Maybe one could add a downloadable version of the 21 rules checklist. Good job and thanks! :)

By Lisa D

May 13, 2018

An excellent class. It helped me sharpen up my writing. I would say this is better than any book I ever read on writing. A huge part of it was in the reading and reviewing of other student's work. I felt I learned even more in doing that.

By Nolizwe M

Jan 18, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. The assignments were challenging and pushed me to think outside the box. I most appreciated receiving feedback from peers, and also seeing how they applied new lessons/skills. I highly recommend this course!

By Carlos R

Nov 21, 2018

Fantastic. I really have learned how to identify the structure of the plot in the stories I read, and I am now able to structure plots to my stories - their bones - which I will in a second moment I will fill up with scenes - the flesh.

By Michael R

Jul 5, 2016

I really liked the balance between explanation, instruction and hands-on-exercise. Brando Skyhorse explains things well and he seems to be the knowledgeable, skillful professional and teacher that you can trust to help you move forward.

By Hector M C L

Feb 10, 2018

Really good, the exercises are challenging and make you work on making good scenes and stories in very limited word counts. Brando's classes are easy to follow and his advice hits the mark. The guest lectures are also very insightful