Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

MM
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

SD
Jul 13, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

251 - 275 of 1,166 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By similoluwa f

Apr 4, 2019

It was very impactful and insightful...i had to opportunity to thing through my writing creatively. The idea of other writers reviewing my work was a good one as the feedback was quite constructive.

By Camille T

Oct 12, 2018

Extremely helpful! I'm rethinking a lot of my previous approach to writing, especially when it comes to creating interesting scenes and ensuring my characters each have a clear desire while I write.

By Giovanna S

Mar 11, 2019

It was a good course. It was a good grading method, I was a little opposed in the beginning but I now I understand the value of having more than a teacher read your work.

It is very much worth it.

By Shubham N

Jul 1, 2017

Course is well structured and the material is very helpful. I enjoyed both the lessons and the assignments. The review from fellow classmates helped me alot in improving my creative writing skills.

By Ashley K

Mar 15, 2016

Good material. Brando Skyhorse is a very talented lecturer. The exercises look simple but are actually very difficult, so set aside more time than you expect to complete them within the parameters.

By Crystal M

Mar 19, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It had a lot of concrete advice, and motivated me to start writing again. The assignments made sense, and gave me a list of things to look for when editing the draft.

By Damilola O

Apr 19, 2017

This course is worth every minute I spent taking it. Thanks to Brando and the rest of the team behind the lens. You've made a better writer out of me. I'd write your name in my acknowledgements!

By Abhinav B

I don't think the peer-reviewing is a great thing. I wrote a great scene got 100% grade at the end, but I got 0 at the first attempt of the same.

Would be great if the mentor could have a look.

By Naomi C R L

Aug 5, 2016

The course helped me a lot in understanding what a plot is. This is my first time to join a creative writing class and I did not regret signing up. Thank you everyone for a very great course.

Jul 23, 2020

Mr. Skyhorse was a fascinating lecturer, with this course I came much closer to writing and methodically learned a lot! Thank you for this fabulous opportunity to be part of your lecture unit!

By Ana C O G

Feb 26, 2018

Me encantó, me enseñó las bases que necesito para redactar mi historia y voy a tomar los demás cursos también. Ojalá estuviera en español porque con la traducci{on se batalla un poco. Gracias!

By Helen A

Dec 9, 2018

Really good explanations and relevant examples throughout. The only week where the examples were hard for me to untangle were those in the show-don't-tell scene lesson. Overall though, great.

By Tina D

I really appreciated how the instructor laid out the modules and built on it with his explanations and examples. It was very helpful for me as a new writer to learn the nuances of the craft.

By Nana K D

May 4, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much especially the exercises. Brando is also more systematic with tips. For example the ABDCE format helps one remember how to properly write stories. I enjoyed it

By Imogen B

Jun 3, 2020

I audited this class from start to finish. While I'm not looking to write a novel or short story any time soon, this was incredibly valuable to the creative writing I do on a regular basis.

By Jillian K

Dec 5, 2017

This course was an excellent combination of basics and simple intense assignments to practice the concepts learned. I enjoyed every course in the Creative Writing Specialization. Thank you!

By Judy W W J

Oct 3, 2018

I have learned a great deal from this course and will use the skills learned to continue advancing my writing skills. Thank you Brando. Your teaching materials have been of invaluable use.

By Gao G

Oct 6, 2016

I have learned a lot from this course. I appreciate the good instruction from Professor Skyhorse as well as the encouragement, constructive advice and critique from my lovely classmates .

By Chris D

Jan 29, 2020

Good assignments, they don't let you rely on writings you've done in the past. Also, concrete advice that all beginning writers should follow. You aren't Faulkner yet, learn the basics.

By Grace H

May 11, 2018

This is an excellent overview course, with a luxury of specific guidance from published authors. It really helped focus my thoughts as I'm attempting to write my first book late in life.

By Alice

Dec 26, 2020

This course was really fun! The lecture videos were concise and had a lot of good tips. I enjoyed the interviews in particular. Also the writing prompts were fun to do. Recommended!

By Bruna E d M C

May 12, 2020

This course is enriching. You can learn many things about the creative process. Even if you have no intention of writing a book, it can be a good option to learn how to unravel a story.

By Gregory H

Oct 21, 2019

Brando was insightful and clear in his explanations. The course was easy to follow and had excellent interviews with other writers. I feel like I learned a lot from taking this course.

By Tiara Á

Nov 27, 2020

I'm so grateful for this course, I learned a lot and really improved my writing. Also, loved the way you make learning interesting. Thank you Brando Skyhorse and Wesleyan University.

By Tom K

Jun 1, 2020

The course has given me an excellent structure and practice for writing basic scenes. I would be interested another course which talks about putting scenes together for a larger work.