Back to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies by Princeton University

To really understand what is special about Bitcoin, we need to understand how it works at a technical level. We’ll address the important questions about Bitcoin, such as: How does Bitcoin work? What makes Bitcoin different? How secure are your Bitcoins? How anonymous are Bitcoin users? What determines the price of Bitcoins? Can cryptocurrencies be regulated? What might the future hold? After this course, you’ll know everything you need to be able to separate fact from fiction when reading claims about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. You’ll have the conceptual foundations you need to engineer secure software that interacts with the Bitcoin network. And you’ll be able to integrate ideas from Bitcoin in your own projects. Course Lecturers: Arvind Narayanan, Princeton University All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

AG

Dec 23, 2017

I've gained a strong knowledge of Bitcoin's architecture but wish this course was updated to include the developments of the last two years. A few lectures on alt-coins would have been useful as well.

MB

Mar 11, 2018

Great course, a very broad and in-depth overview of concepts surrounding cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin in particular. Would be great to have an update of course; perhaps once the ICO craze is over? (-:

351 - 375 of 530 Reviews for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

Great

By Kavin N G R

By ANOOS B P K

May 14, 2020

Good

By S P M

Apr 21, 2020

good

By Chen

Jun 28, 2018

cool

By Mayank B

Apr 16, 2018

By wangfy

Mar 27, 2018

good

By Megha S

Mar 20, 2018

best

By MOHD A K

Feb 15, 2018

good

By Alexandr K

Sep 16, 2017

By Nikolaos P

Sep 30, 2019

a

By Marko N

Jan 14, 2018

The video lectures were perfect. I got a comprehensive insight into the facinating world of cryptocurrencies and blockchain. I also liked the assignments. I am a professional software developer/engineer. They were very challenging and really make you dig deep into the topic and get a practical feeling for the whole thing. However I didnt like the way the programming assignments were structured and the way they were explained. There is 3 assignments scattered over the course, with completely different skill levels. First assignment is very long complex and covers way too much for one assignment. If I didnt have much experience as software developer in Java it wouldve been impossible to get anything done I think. However with my background I liked the challenge. Also the assignments should have basic tests included in junit. I had to write those myself to get a descent feedback loop. There is some repo by the mentors but it lacks a lot of parts. The second assignment is way to short and simple compared to the first one. The third one is ok in length. However I think it wouldve been better to have more asignments with smaller steps but digging more into one specific topic. As I said I personally had fun doing them. Would be cool if you guys made a follow up course maybe digging deeper into the topics. THanks for doing this. Also I think there is no certificate, there should be some kind of certificate to grade the work that the strudents put in.

By Susanne

Oct 20, 2017

The videos are very informative and I learned a lot from it. The information in the later weeks is outdated. An update about legislation, altcoins and the future of Bitcoin is needed. I would have given this course 5 stars, if it wasn't for the difficult programming exercises. There is very little feedback on these exercises. If I didn't have a friend who had done the course already and knows Java very well, it would have been very difficult to pass this course. That's why I deduct 1 star. I say again, the course is excellent to get in-dept understanding of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Thank you for making this course. Too bad I can't get a certificate.