Back to Data Communications and Network Services

Data Communications and Network Services, Cisco

About this Course

Welcome to the third of five courses in the Cisco Networking Basics Specialization. Now that you know the basics of what an network is and how the devices on a network communicate with each other, it is time to explore the network further. In this course, you will learn the benefits and limitations of the IPv4 addressing system and why NAT and IPv6 were implemented to address the limitations. You will also explore common network services and protocols such as email, web services, instant messaging, DNS, HTTP, HTML, SMTP, Telnet, and SSH. At the end of this course, you will be able to: 1. Describe the role of network services including DHCP and DNS. 2. Use Cisco Packet Tracer to configure a router to perform DHCP services for a LAN. 3. Explain use of IPv4 private addresses with NAT. 4. Compare TCP and UDP protocol operations for efficiency and reliability. 5. Describe the network services and applications for file transfer, web access, email, remote access and instant messaging. 6. Observe how web requests are processed by the web client and the server. 7. Use various tools to verify network operations....

By UJ

Mar 09, 2019

I have learn in this course is very basic things which is very confusing for me but thi course clear my all concept abut dhcp,natting etc.I am very thankfull to coursera to allow me this course.

By AB

Dec 15, 2017

In word word this is amazing.\n\nEvery thing which will train you for CCNA is inside this course the best discussion forms questions I ever found.\n\nSimply awesome must join right now !!

59 Reviews

By 1815782

Mar 18, 2019

excellent

By Mohammad Zeitoun

Mar 12, 2019

Thank you so much it's very useful course for the beginners and it shows the information in a good way.

By Usman Javed

Feb 26, 2019

THANK YOU COURSERA/CISCO.

By Adelin Yurenny Jimenez Mora

Feb 07, 2019

Great course. It is very helpful.

By arman

Jan 29, 2019

Awesome course so far. Cant wait to complete the whole course. Both the instructors are very helpful.

By Sizolwethu Dlodlo

Jan 18, 2019

Very informative course material. All the information covered is part of CCNA certification course.

By Israel Negron

Jan 02, 2019

Good course for a beginner. Enjoyed the course and am already using some of things I learned here.

By Salman Daud Essa

Dec 30, 2018

Thank you very much I learned alot from this course .