Back to Data Communications and Network Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Communications and Network Services by Cisco

Welcome to the third of five courses in the Cisco Networking Basics Specialization. Now that you know the basics of what an network is and how the devices on a network communicate with each other, it is time to explore the network further. In this course, you will learn the benefits and limitations of the IPv4 addressing system and why NAT and IPv6 were implemented to address the limitations. You will also explore common network services and protocols such as email, web services, instant messaging, DNS, HTTP, HTML, SMTP, Telnet, and SSH. At the end of this course, you will be able to: 1. Describe the role of network services including DHCP and DNS. 2. Use Cisco Packet Tracer to configure a router to perform DHCP services for a LAN. 3. Explain use of IPv4 private addresses with NAT. 4. Compare TCP and UDP protocol operations for efficiency and reliability. 5. Describe the network services and applications for file transfer, web access, email, remote access and instant messaging. 6. Observe how web requests are processed by the web client and the server. 7. Use various tools to verify network operations....

UJ

Mar 09, 2019

I have learn in this course is very basic things which is very confusing for me but thi course clear my all concept abut dhcp,natting etc.I am very thankfull to coursera to allow me this course.

AB

Dec 05, 2019

In word word this is amazing.\n\nEvery thing which will train you for CCNA is inside this course the best discussion forms questions I ever found.\n\nSimply awesome must join right now !!

76 - 100 of 105 Reviews for Data Communications and Network Services

By Vikrant S

Jul 26, 2019

Best Course for learning Networking and building proficiency in it.!!

By Oluwasegun s I

Jul 30, 2019

awesome!

By Jamal A

nice course

By Syed M I S

Aug 04, 2019

Very Informative, Coursera always has an edge.

By RAJDEEP S

Aug 04, 2019

Very structured and organised informative course

By OBADAH A

Aug 10, 2019

it's really Helpful Thank You very much

By majed b

Aug 16, 2019

the best course among all of the previous cisco courses, it has sufficient practices and enough information.

By Sidney P d S

Aug 14, 2019

This stage of the course was fantastic too, as were the other modules. I found it short and very full of information that thanks to the teachers and the Coursera platform I had high performance and I am very grateful. I recommend this course.

By Muhammad Z H

Oct 04, 2019

Thanks Professor

By RISHITA J

Oct 06, 2019

Perfect place to explore the basics of the networking

By Mohammad A K

Oct 12, 2019

till now I loved this course the most

By Okan E

Dec 01, 2019

Very interesting and there ar many usable information

By Caleb N

Dec 03, 2019

Am grateful to God almighty for giving Coursera the resources to organise a platform of such great value. Giving people like us the opportunity to be equipped with great skills. I have learned a lot from Data communications and Network Services some includes how data is been transferred, how most network services operates

By Krutarth R K

Nov 06, 2019

The course is really good. Instructors are very prompt and also they keep in mind that English is not everyone's first language. So don't worry, just enroll.

By Raj A S

Nov 08, 2019

a bit slow with peer grading

By Shady S

Mar 28, 2019

We wish for more videos instead of readings

By Victor O

Oct 25, 2017

Very good

By Nigel

Oct 02, 2018

Very easy to follow. Succinct and relevant examples make it easy to pick up new concepts and apply them to real-life scenarios

By Ghanishtha B

Jun 20, 2019

Really Well paced course. The quiz content was sometimes not related to the module therefore I have not given the highest rating

By Jonathan V

Jun 20, 2019

Some questions did not work correctly.

By Akshat D

Jul 07, 2019

Good mix of content. Most important topics are discussed. Very few Lab activities and practical experiences.

By Nguyen K T

Aug 16, 2019

good

By jonnala d v r

Sep 16, 2018

tell us the resources for further study,this is very basic stuff,very very basic stuff

By Japneet C

Jun 14, 2019

nice course for beginners, PT activities are useless though

By Bright C