Back to Data Communications and Network Services

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Communications and Network Services by Cisco

Welcome to the third of five courses in the Cisco Networking Basics Specialization. Now that you know the basics of what an network is and how the devices on a network communicate with each other, it is time to explore the network further. In this course, you will learn the benefits and limitations of the IPv4 addressing system and why NAT and IPv6 were implemented to address the limitations. You will also explore common network services and protocols such as email, web services, instant messaging, DNS, HTTP, HTML, SMTP, Telnet, and SSH. At the end of this course, you will be able to: 1. Describe the role of network services including DHCP and DNS. 2. Use Cisco Packet Tracer to configure a router to perform DHCP services for a LAN. 3. Explain use of IPv4 private addresses with NAT. 4. Compare TCP and UDP protocol operations for efficiency and reliability. 5. Describe the network services and applications for file transfer, web access, email, remote access and instant messaging. 6. Observe how web requests are processed by the web client and the server. 7. Use various tools to verify network operations....

UJ

Mar 09, 2019

I have learn in this course is very basic things which is very confusing for me but thi course clear my all concept abut dhcp,natting etc.I am very thankfull to coursera to allow me this course.

AB

Dec 05, 2019

In word word this is amazing.\n\nEvery thing which will train you for CCNA is inside this course the best discussion forms questions I ever found.\n\nSimply awesome must join right now !!

101 - 105 of 105 Reviews for Data Communications and Network Services

By Hadi S

Jul 12, 2018

It's not well organized and have lots of issues like course 1 and 2 The exam was at the first week instead of week 4 !!!!Some practices have wrong answers and make the student to answer them incorrectly .The course although has variety of information that's a good pointI have had these courses before and I just enrolled because of practice and review but if someone who hasn't this course before will be extremely confused.sorry for my bad English.

By P J

Jun 09, 2018

many mistakes

By Prathmesh B B

Nov 24, 2019

Labs are NOT COOL at all. Students are not fair whilst reviewing.

By Dennis G

Nov 08, 2019

I work as a network engineer, evaluating products for my team. As long as you have peer review, you CAN NOT PASS! Students who don't understand the subject matter, or questionably know your language, should not be allowed to determine if you pass the classes! I KNOW my answers are correct. I've done this for years. It's so frustrating to not be able to pass because some students don't know what they're doing.