Back to Developing Data Products

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Developing Data Products by Johns Hopkins University

A data product is the production output from a statistical analysis. Data products automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data informed model, algorithm or inference. This course covers the basics of creating data products using Shiny, R packages, and interactive graphics. The course will focus on the statistical fundamentals of creating a data product that can be used to tell a story about data to a mass audience....

Mar 04, 2016

This is a great introduction to some of the many ways to present your data. It's probably the easiest course in the specialisation but shows off an impressive array of widgets and gadgets.

RS

Nov 19, 2018

This course was amazing, it could definetly be more deep in each of the subjects, but gives you so much practice in tools that are very useful in the day by day of a data scientist

51 - 75 of 348 Reviews for Developing Data Products

By Rodney A J

Jul 30, 2017

This is a great course.

By Sai K G

Feb 01, 2016

Good course. Teaches you to take advantage of Shiny, Slidify, GoogleVis and Rpubs

By Xray W

Feb 22, 2016

Saves the time to explore the options on your own, nice one!

By Francisco A O A

Feb 08, 2016

Very practice oriented. After completing the Data Science Specialization courses with the course of Developing Data Products, I finally understand how important and useful R Programming is as a tool for research, data managing and inference making and for communicating results. Excellent way to crown the specialization's courses.

By Juan A J R

Feb 18, 2016

The course not only instroduce me to great resources it also pointed me in the right direction to further develop the skills needed to create data products.

By José A G R

Feb 05, 2017

A course where you can show everything learned in the R language, especially in visualizations.

I hope and in the future there are courses focused only on visualization with R

By Renato O F

Sep 03, 2017

Amazing course! Lots of good and very useful information.

By FARZAD R

Jul 23, 2017

Very practical and useful course

By Paul B

Jan 13, 2017

Filled with useful information about practical tools.

By E. M

Aug 09, 2017

Love it!

By Jean P L

Jun 21, 2018

One of the best

By ooi s m

Jun 11, 2017

interesting course covering plotly, r markdown and shiny. love it

By David P

Dec 18, 2015

The new platform is very versatile and easy to navigate. The page layout is much more clear. It is easy to navigate from course material to discussion boards.

I like the Quiz format, including expanding the number of choices for the multiple choice selections, but the grading was confusing. For Quiz 3, some questions came back with multiple "Well Done" comments, even when I had not selected the answer for which I was being praised. I also was told I made errors on the same question.... and this was after I answered the question (Question 2, on R generic functions) the exact same as I had answered it when I took the course earlier this year.

I was not a fan of not having to take a picture to submit work, so I am pleased that is no longer a requirement. I hope the typing pattern match is sufficient to affirm identity.

I have one comment on content specific to this class. Week 3 content lacks relevancy to the project and data products in general. I agree that knowledge of R packages, classes, and methods is an important part of understanding R. I am not sure where that fits in the Data Science curriculum as a whole, though. Maybe expanding the curriculum to include a second, more advanced R class, with a project to write our own methods, build an R package, or do something with yhat. That would assign relevant work to reinforce the lectures.

I would be happy to do further beta testing.

DCP

By Stefan S

Mar 04, 2016

By Alejandro B G

Feb 09, 2016

This Course was georgeous!!, i like the way of share my analisis, shiny rules!

By FERRAN B C

Feb 28, 2016

Great course. Very practical and state-of-the-art contents.

By Christian

Jun 14, 2018

Help

By Telvis C

May 31, 2016

It was a fun course. The final project allows more practice with Shiny.

By Mani K

Mar 17, 2016

Awesome course really enjoyed doing the project.

By Corey B

Dec 05, 2016

The final project was very cool!

By Evgeniy Z

Apr 12, 2016

Nice introduction which allows to start using some tools to present results of the analysis.

By René S K

Apr 16, 2017

Thanks to these courses, I program production planning and control software for the company I work for.

By Lee Y L R

Apr 10, 2018

Interesting! Learn to make interactive apps and slides!

By Romain F