Back to Data-driven Decision Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data-driven Decision Making by PwC

Welcome to Data-driven Decision Making. In this course, you'll get an introduction to Data Analytics and its role in business decisions. You'll learn why data is important and how it has evolved. You'll be introduced to “Big Data” and how it is used. You'll also be introduced to a framework for conducting Data Analysis and what tools and techniques are commonly used. Finally, you'll have a chance to put your knowledge to work in a simulated business setting. This course was created by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP with an address at 300 Madison Avenue, New York, New York, 10017....

BH
Apr 22, 2020

An excellent course journey for this subject - Data Driven Decison Making, very good content with relevant case assignment and they are paced comfortably to allow me as learner to grasp the knowledge.

CE
May 9, 2018

Great high-level introduction into what big data is, how data & analytics is impacting business decision making, and how PwC uses data & analytics to improve the quality of work delivered to clients.

51 - 75 of 964 Reviews for Data-driven Decision Making

By Romeo C

Sep 1, 2019

Great course. I learned a lot of high level concepts. As suggested in the course, however, I'll have to dig a lot deeper into other individualized courses to learn specific information better. For example, to really appreciate the pivot table, I'd say that you'll have to take a business analysis course on another platform like Linked Learning or through another course here on Coursera.

By Smith P

Sep 9, 2019

It was an excellent course on data-driven decision making. There were industry experts sharing their experiences. There also was a case simulation as an assignment in the last week. The reading materials were very good visually and also content-wise. Overall it was an amazing course and I would recommend this course for people who are interested in data analysis and decision making.

By Rajat A

Apr 10, 2018

This course is very good in the sense, it had the basic tutors, the people from the industry, the consultants, everyone had their input in different ways in which we can absorb.

However I expected the tutors to have an extra video or two and make a data analysis of a business problem or situation.

Very good course, worth the money and everyone must take it!

By Michelle L

Aug 25, 2020

A great module that has enhanced my knowledge and given terminology to data types and an array of available data systems The final assessment really helped cement the syllabus. Week 3 was a bit overwhelming. If this is new to you, like it was to me, recommend watching, reading the accompanying notes and attachments a few times over. Enjoyed it!

By Joseph O

Apr 30, 2020

Very outstanding course to help build a strong knowledge on data mining, data management, data analysis and next generation analytic tools and more importantly helps one in differentiating all types of data in order to gain value for data gotten and deploy this data in decision making to aid growth of business or make everyday living easier.

By Franco R

Nov 26, 2019

El curso está muy bien planteado, presentaciones cortas que no te mantienen concentrado en el punto que están tratando, permitiéndo así tomar apuntes y retener la información, adicionalmente al material que exponen cuentan con ejemplos prácticos que permiten entender el tema y como se debe implementar el conociemto adquirido en el trabajo

By Jose A R N

Sep 18, 2018

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11).

I did this course to complete my CV in English to the area of Data Analysis.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By Heike S

Jul 16, 2019

This first part of the specialization was surprisingly good, especially for people like me who did not have much data analysis so far. Of course, it is in parts very related to PwC, why not. So you can look behind the scenes, which is very interesting. From me a clear recommendation for this course and for the specialization.

By Yifan L

Mar 12, 2020

By join "Data-driven Decision Making" course, it provides you with solid and strong background and knowledge of data analytics and visualization. As a consultant, I would recommend anyone who are intersted in knowing more about how professionals are using tools and techniques in real business caeses. Thanks for the sharing from Pwc.

By Abeer S

May 16, 2017

I had zero knowledge of what data analysis entails, and I took this course out of curiosity. The course was easy to understand, tools and exams was very organized and interesting and speakers were clear and concise. I did get a lot of learning from this course and I will definitely be considering data analytics for my car

By Colin R

Mar 29, 2017

Great course that provides insight on the various types of approaches, techniques, and tools utilized across data analytics and visualization. This first course of the specialization is a great opportunity to learn about the concepts. I am looking forward to the rest of the courses that will be a little more technical.

By Aye C P

Nov 13, 2020

This course really gives me real insights into data analysis, approaches, and techniques. Also, I have learned how much data analysis is becoming essential and beneficial in decision making. I have a great learning journey. I do really appreciate Coursera for giving me this learning opportunity with financial aid.

By Abhinav C

Sep 7, 2019

This course is curated by the industry professionals for the individuals wanting to understand the role of data in decision making in the industry. The best part of this module is the simulation-based exercise which tests the real understanding of the course. Glad to have taken up the course. Cheers!

By May T Z

Oct 30, 2020

This is the best out of everything for the learners who would like to study about data analytics. You can join this course even if you are new to data related field. You will gain much confidence than ever if it comes to make decision and solve problems mainly for data driven cases. Recommended!

By Yang L

Sep 11, 2016

It's good, even though just having some brief view of the Data-driven Decision making, it brought me a new word. I know data is important and does effect the decision making, but didn't know how. This learning session provided a good chance for me to fully discovery what happened behind the sen.

By Jodi C

Nov 12, 2016

I thought the course was extremely valuable and on point with the type of information I needed to know. I do ask that you keep newbies in mind and some of the videos went a little fast and indepth for newbies to the complete data analytics process. Some more basics would also be nice to add.

By Kunal B

Dec 10, 2017

Amazing course. As a newbie in Data Science, I have learn't a whole lot on how exactly a business problem can be broken down to ask relevant problems, identify the key areas, conduct analysis and influence high level decision making. Thank you PwC and Coursera for this amazing course.

By Wang L

Aug 5, 2017

This courser is really cool ! The consultants from PwC gave very impressive and easy-to-understand explanations for the related information of this area.

I really appreciate the good work of PwC and hope one day I can be one member of this great company or work with them as a client.

By Guadalupe V P

Jan 14, 2019

The course was well written and useful for gathering an applying concepts at both a macro and micro level. The mixed use of video and handouts was well balanced. The peer reviewed assignment was challenging and provided opportunity to demonstrate competencies in a meaningful way.

By JJ C

Sep 26, 2018

Amazing Course! A few months ago I was given the opportunity to work in business intelligence at my company and for that reason I have read several books on the subject. This course has brought all that knowledge together and I am looking forward to continue learning with Coursera!

By Garima A

Sep 18, 2017

This course provided me a comprehensive information on data analytics and techniques used in it. Also, the case studies and examples helped me understand the scenarios better. Thank you for this detailed course. Looking forward to working on other courses in this specialization.

By Guilherme R F M

May 26, 2017

Curso muito bem estruturado. Os vídeos, as lições e os projetos tem muita qualidade e são de fácil compreensão. O material compartilhado em PDF foi de muita ajuda para compreender os desafios atuais e futuros, que a quantidade e complexidade dos dados estão impondo as empresas.

By Manoj S

May 9, 2020

The course have covered essential aspects such concept of data, big data and along the tools used in gaining insights from data which can play significant role in making better and swift decision. The course is very influence for existing competitive business environment.

By Diego L G

May 11, 2018

Very good course until now. A good overview of core concepts, and a wonderful contextualization, showing students the theory, the application, and the company's vision about the data.

It is a very good way to get some insights about how to generate business value from data.

By Dian C

May 22, 2020

Today's businesses are facing constantly changing economic environment. To survive in this situation, businesses need to become nimbler and more insightful. To achieve that, it is very important for businesses to gather real-time data and understand what data tells them.