Back to Dermatology: Trip to skin

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Dermatology: Trip to skin by Novosibirsk State University

4.3

We invite you to the amazing trip to the skin. You will learn about the structure and functions of your skin, how does it change and interact with the environment. In our course, we will talk about different skin diseases, as well as how to treat them. This course will be interesting not only for people from the medical field but also for those who are interested in their health and their skin. Let's take a trip to the skin together!...

DL
Sep 26, 2020

Completed very excellent dermatology trip to skin course from coursera.accept this course achievement would be challenging in current environmental situation.Thans me and thanks to coursera.

DS
Feb 22, 2020

The course is very useful and very informative. It helped me to know the basics of the diseases and infections and how they can be managed. the instructor is very good.

1 - 25 of 124 Reviews for Dermatology: Trip to skin

By Nicola

May 8, 2020

I was excited to do this course but due to the difficulty of understanding the speaker I am not carrying on. What she says doesn’t always match the text as there are ‘inaudible’ words. She speaks too fast and her accent is too strong to understand.

Disappointed.

By Eduardo A S

Apr 7, 2020

Well, the course content is very good. However, the questionnaires have much to improve. There are some open questions that do not seem to have an adequate answer. And the english subtitles are not quite good also

By Eleaza K

Apr 29, 2020

The worst online course I've ever taken in my life. Could barely understand the Professor in the videos. Her spoken English is terrible. She could not even finish a sentence without any errors. Seriously would not recommend this website to anyone. A complete waste of time and money.

By Jana M

Jun 5, 2019

I liked the course so much. It was very detailed and I learned a lot of interesting things. The tests are very, very difficult. This was the first course I had to repeat the test more times. I would like to say, that I do not like test where you can´t choose, not that I don´t know the answer, but because you know the answer and the system says - oh, that´s not correct. I didn´t know, where is the problem. You don´t have time to do it 10 times and try - big letter on the beginning etc. I think, that this course has many useful information and I would like to recommend this course.

By Kerry G

Apr 23, 2020

The course is very interesting, but I have a problem understanding what she is saying😞

I have to use the subtitles !

By Colleen C

The course was full of valuable information but her accent and broken English was extremely difficult for me to understand.

By Karla A

Jun 1, 2020

The course is not as structured and the information is not clearly understandable. I needed to search in Google some of the terms she mentioned to understand completely. In the end I didn't finish the course because I opted to read a textbook from here instead. https://opentextbc.ca/anatomyandphysiology/chapter/5-1-layers-of-the-skin/

Saves me time from watching the video and searching about terms afterwards.

By Dr. P S

Feb 23, 2020

By Sophia D

Aug 26, 2020

I'm really disappointed, because as someone who suffers with acne, I was personally interested in what this course had to offer. However, it was really difficult to keep up with the instructor, due to English not being her first language. Not only that, but the video didn't have sufficient editing to at least edit out the parts where she stutters and struggles to say something. This at least would have made it easier to keep up with her. I understand that english isn't everyone's first language and I respect the instructor for speaking it, even with an accent, but some actions could be taken to make the class more easy to understand for those who can't understand the instructor.

This looks very poorly made overall and as though the lady is improvising what she's about to say.

By alice b

Apr 27, 2020

extremely hard to understand. As english is not first language it does not make sense. The transcript of it is also awful too. Lots of contradicting pieces of information - I believe this is due to the language. I am not completing this course.

By khola A

Aug 7, 2020

it's has been a great pleasure to become a part of it and it helps me to clear my concepts and increase my knowledge in every aspects.

By Sani S M

Feb 13, 2020

iam enjoying the course , And have learnt alot towards my career as a skin care consultant.

Dr Maimuna Sani Stores

By Donata R

Apr 3, 2020

For someone without a medical background this course was intense but manageable.

By Abadir S Y

Jan 14, 2020

excellent course that should be taken by all medical staff

By RITESH G

Oct 2, 2019

The course material is very practical and useful.

By Hans G

May 8, 2020

I Think that some of the presentaciones were not to clear. The speaker had dificulties with English, therefore hard to understand. The tests had Lots of wrong answers too. Overall it is a good experience but it needs to be corrected

By Adnan D

Apr 18, 2020

Very bad English. It's barely understandable.

By Gabrielė G

Dec 8, 2019

I think this course is very useful. Thank you!

By Dr m n l

Sep 27, 2020

By Adil A B

Aug 26, 2020

It was an excellent course in dermatology and I give my thanks to the professor Irina Sergeeva and I wish all the best for her.

By Diana G T G

Jul 15, 2019

Good!!

By Ajma N

Apr 24, 2021

I am a medical student and have a basic knowledge regarding this topic. I understand the chapters and the quizzes are very well designed to assess the knowledge. However, the professor's English speaking is not very fluent and is monotonous. The subtitles also do not explain the video well therefore it gets confusing to understand the videos well. The professor has a heavy Russian accent which is acceptable, as English is her second language, but it makes it hard for me to perceive what she is trying to convey.