Back to Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design Thinking by HEC Paris

You want to identify an opportunity or to uncover creative insights and innovative solutions. You are curious about design thinking – a creative approach that is being used more and by entrepreneurs and in new ventures as well as in established firms. You do not understand why so many innovations, apparently developed with care, are not adopted by the users. You enjoy using services that provide a user-friendly experience and are curious to know how these innovations are developed. You are concerned by the growing complexity of innovations that require more focus on the usage and the user. If one of the situations above applies to you, then this course is for you! In “Design thinking for Innovation,” you will have the opportunity to discover and experiment with​ a systematic approach to uncover creative insights and innovative solutions. You will learn to recognize the specific type of situations where analytical approaches are not efficient and where design thinking is more effective. The course will follow a clear and structured process and you will work through several phases to understand what design thinking is, its foundations, principles and main phases. You will also understand the diffusion of design thinking in established firms. This course is part of the HEC Paris MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship. If you are admitted to the full program, your coursework will count towards your degree program...

ST

Jan 01, 2020

This class is on par with the quality of training that I received when I took Design Thinking training at IDEO campus in 2018.

KA

May 01, 2019

Well done. Only nit was that many of the supplimental reading materials were behind pay walls and I couldn't access them.

1 - 18 of 18 Reviews for Design Thinking

By Vibhuti B

May 10, 2019

I have completed my content quizzes and submissions. Just because there are no other submissions to review; I am unable to get the certificate

By Maria C P

Jan 18, 2020

If you want to learn about Design Thinking, this is the course you're looking for!

The teacher takes students through the different steps of the Design Thinking process and provides additional reading material each week, to further improve one's understanding of DT. The numerous interviews throughout the course offer valuable insights and real-life examples of the DT methodology applied by leading practitioners. The quizzes at the end of each chapter allow one to verify whether the main concepts have been assimilated, while the peer-graded assignments, which I found to be demanding, challenging and rewarding, allow one to put theory into practice.

If you've signed up for the Managing Innovation and Design Thinking specialization, I suggest that you took this course before Organizational Design and Management in order to capitalize on the peer-graded assignments completed in this course.

Good luck!

By Masaharu M

Nov 09, 2019

Even though it is online course, it provided a pragmatic of design thinking methodology, such as steps from inspiration, ideation and implementation, many actual examples, which points we need to be careful and so forth. With this program, I believe many of us gain good understanding and experience about Design Thinking!

By Edij

Aug 04, 2019

Excellent course on Design Thinking!!!

This course allow you to be hands on with step by step approach to design thinking application to our own projects from inspiration to identify unmet needs, to ideation to develop concepts, to solution experimentations.

By Dejan R

Nov 11, 2019

I am enjoying the hands-on approach and the practical use of the knowledge. The fact that your assumptions as well as progress gets reviewed by your peers is both new as well as a wonderful knowledge check. Good work HEC!

By Sebastian H

Dec 23, 2019

Excellent course - way above anything I have experienced so far. Well structured, practical, immersive and centered on your individual use case (great setup within such a standardized training!). Clearly a benchmark.

By Verónica M F

Oct 31, 2019

It is a very complete course! I am delighted with the contents, I had previously had contact with the methodology, but this course has greatly expanded my knowledge and landscape of Design thinking.

By Sean T

Jan 01, 2020

By Christophe C

Jan 05, 2020

The best one for me, very deep, very hands-on and the best way to create successful product or services!

I strongly recommend!

By Kurt A

May 01, 2019

By Dayton G T C

Sep 26, 2019

So far, Im in love with this course!

By Hussain M

Sep 23, 2019

G

By Matthieu M

Dec 03, 2019

Great but I guess we need some more practice

By Marianne I

Jul 24, 2019

The course gave good insights on what Design Thinking is and how to put it in practice. The structure is a little bit long though and some parts could be synthesized. Sometimes the argument was clear but I was lost in the length of the explanations and examples. I think I would have preferred to have: the argument, one or two short examples and a conclusion if needed. But all in all it was a very helpful course! :)

By Ungari P

Dec 21, 2019

This course is the worst elearning experience i ever had. The same 3 concepts repeated along the weeks , some part of videos even not translated from french and no possibility to take off some material for future purpouse.

Evaluation is made trough "peer reviewed" assignment a polite way to say "i want ot earn money expecting someone else to work for me". The ilarous think is that in a course that stress the concept on how interaction and Places are critical on DT implementation the evaluation is based on the deployment of an online self made project.