Back to Digital Signal Processing

Digital Signal Processing, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne

About this Course

Digital Signal Processing is the branch of engineering that, in the space of just a few decades, has enabled unprecedented levels of interpersonal communication and of on-demand entertainment. By reworking the principles of electronics, telecommunication and computer science into a unifying paradigm, DSP is a the heart of the digital revolution that brought us CDs, DVDs, MP3 players, mobile phones and countless other devices. The goal, for students of this course, will be to learn the fundamentals of Digital Signal Processing from the ground up. Starting from the basic definition of a discrete-time signal, we will work our way through Fourier analysis, filter design, sampling, interpolation and quantization to build a DSP toolset complete enough to analyze a practical communication system in detail. Hands-on examples and demonstration will be routinely used to close the gap between theory and practice. To make the best of this class, it is recommended that you are proficient in basic calculus and linear algebra; several programming examples will be provided in the form of Python notebooks but you can use your favorite programming language to test the algorithms described in the course....

By JA

Jul 02, 2017

Definitely an interesting course that is explained well. The math gets to a pretty high level after a few sections, but it still seems manageable to understand. I would recommend it for sure!

By GC

Oct 02, 2018

A good course with awesome instructors, good for learning the basic level of signal processing. It will initiate you for more advanced levels of signal processing. Fun experience overall.

83 Reviews

By Shruti Kannan

Dec 10, 2018

I enjoyed studying this course! I would recommend it to anyone who's interested in Signal processing, since the material is very engaging, and most of the concepts are accompanied with a worked out example. The quizzes were challenging and I had to spend a good amount of time trying to good score. I'd recommend everyone to try the practice homeworks and the quizzes (even if you are just auditing) as I felt like they played an important part in helping me understand all concepts.

Great platform, great content, excellent instructors, highly recommended!

By CHEN NI

Dec 02, 2018

Just so awesome!

By kushagra Sahai

Nov 16, 2018

A great course to learn the basics and intermediate concepts. Enjoyed working on the problems.

By Wei Lin

Nov 16, 2018

This is a great course. Open a new view for me. Thank you very much !

By PRAKHAR SINGH CHANDEL

Nov 13, 2018

slightly difficult

By Sneha Singh

Nov 02, 2018

I've learnt alot from this course. Never seen a better structured course than this one.

By Pavan Rao

Oct 28, 2018

Good course with Nice assignments which equips in work or study to get basics right

By Luis Javier Sanchez Albarran

Oct 26, 2018

Excelente Curso!!

By Ngo Phu

Oct 22, 2018

It's a great course. Thanks for preparing it and make it open to the public.

By Xiaoyuan Chen

Oct 16, 2018

Fantastic course! Even I have been working on digital signal processing for many years, this course gave me an excellent brush-up of digital signal processing, also I have learnt a lot of new things, for example, the signal of the day, and many new way of thinkings about digital signal processing. The assignments and homework are very challenging, but they are definitely worth challenging.