Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

Aug 03, 2019

I have gained a wealth of information and knowledge that is directly applicable with children with difficulties in reading and writing. The videos were very relevant and the resources valuable.

1 - 25 of 222 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Kai F M

May 20, 2019

By Ashton M

Mar 10, 2019

An amazing course, with amazing content and ideas! One day when I am principal of a huge school, every teacher I employ will be guided through this course! So useful and amazing! Thanks again!

By Eduardo E M V

Mar 07, 2019

Very good course, I've learned a lot about Dislexia and learning disabilities but also I've learned to teach better

By Rosehera

Mar 20, 2019

Hi! This is Rosehera Furtado. I take this opportunity to thank the Coursera community for making me part of your Institution. It was my first online course and I found it very helpful, a good learning experience. Being a religious nun (Sr. Rosehera Furtado A.C.), I wanted to do this course primarily because the main focus of our Congregation is Education. So by doing this course, I feel that it will be very much effective in my ministry. Also I want to thank all my classmates for their kind support especially in assessing my assignments. God bless you all!

By Khripunova O

Mar 11, 2019

Too much theory, it would be great if you provide more practical execises

By Renee M

Jan 01, 2019

Very thorough and informative course. Very relevant information.

By A L M

Jan 02, 2019

A Loraine Maria

By Hend A M

Jan 04, 2019

Thanks to this Course sponsor, They teach me a lot in this amazing course , they teach me What are the difficulties of reading and writing?, How do I identify children with reading and writing difficulties?, How can I teach all subjects for this children?, How can I help these children overcome their difficulties in reading and writing? .

Thanks a lot for them

By Ruba A

Feb 06, 2019

great course with rich information

By Kathy S

Nov 09, 2018

A great class for both professionals and for parents. I was able to add to my knowledge of challenges some children face in learning how to read. I had first hand experience as the mother of a child with reading challenges, but this class added to my understanding and gave me practical tools I can use with the children I tutor in reading. Well worth the time.

By Toluyemi E

Nov 27, 2018

Gained alot

By Fernando E F

Nov 13, 2018

Excellent course with very insightful lectures and wonderful supporting materials! It has surely changed the way I look at learning difficulties and positively affected my teaching life, adding new and very important skills. Thank you all who have collaborated to provide such a helpful course.

By Rebecca B

Jan 21, 2019

This course has helped me to identify key strategies to help students of all ages become aware of their learning. Teaching and learning have to be deliberate courses of action & not all students learn alike. Taking the necessary time to help students with phonics earlier in their academics paves the way for a lifetime of learning rather than correction.

By Jacob W S

Jan 09, 2019

Fantastic and thorough, great insights into working well with children having dyslexia.

By Sylvia S

Feb 07, 2019

its very interesting course. Highly recommended

By Neeraj N

Feb 10, 2019

I never had opportunity to learn about dyslexia until I enrolled for this course. The selection of reading material, video lectures and the sessions with children in the course carved a deep learning experience for me.

By Gabriela S D V F

Feb 12, 2019

Great course. Very clear and meaningful content.

By Eritza

Mar 06, 2019

This was not an easy course but it was well worth the time spent on it. Lot's of really useful and relevant information and well laid out!

By Phyllis W M

Mar 03, 2019

The course is flexible. Very educative for teachers and parents.

By Natanya H

Mar 09, 2019

brilliant course!

By Luciano M

Mar 14, 2019

Excellent course with all the necessary to be informed and updated about children difficulties in reading and writing.

By Christopher I F

Dec 29, 2018

I want to first off say this course was very eye opening to me especially since it's now becoming more prominent in younger children. Learning what I have from this course, I will move forward and use the tools that I have acquired to better educate, accommodate, and use the knowledge to help other colleagues.

Thank you to the University of London and the staff for providing this course for us educators.

By Jennifer A

Mar 21, 2019

i learned a lot!

By Dr. M A

Mar 20, 2019

A very good and comprehensive course indeed

By NEETHU R K

Aug 10, 2018

This course gave me much more information than what I have expected, I really thank Dr. Vincent and Jenny for giving right guidelines. You guys are doing great job.

My only request is that, now the technology is changing rapidly so coming out more specifically on it and how to train Dyslexics will be really helpful for teachers like us.....

Regards,