Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP
Apr 26, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

Aug 2, 2019

I have gained a wealth of information and knowledge that is directly applicable with children with difficulties in reading and writing. The videos were very relevant and the resources valuable.

401 - 425 of 432 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Brenda C

Jun 15, 2018

Good course, enjoyed it. In my opinion, it would be improved by a video specifically on all sounding our phonic sounds properly.

By Natalia K

Aug 21, 2020

The course is very interesting and informative. I have really learnt a lot! The tests need to be more thorough and profound.

By Renata J H

Apr 15, 2020

Gostei do curso, apenas tive dificuldades porque português e inglês tem muitas diferenças na língua escrita e oral

By Afnan A M

Aug 12, 2017

helpful but it doesn't give us the authority to determine which children are dyslexic and which are not.

By Kate P

Apr 25, 2020

A comprehensive and well set out course. I enjoyed it and found the information valuable!

By Anita Ž

Feb 3, 2020

Some tasks are not adapted for users of other languages. Everything else is excellent.

By Kiron A R

Oct 20, 2020

Excellent course with a touch on some crucial points regarding dyslexia.

By Mehjabeen R

Mar 9, 2021

Very informative it helped support other courses that I have done.

By Mohammed O M

Apr 3, 2018

Very informative and helpful course to undertake. Thank you

By Janet d P

Sep 2, 2019

Thank you for a thorough and clinically relevant course.

By Vivian N F d B

Jun 10, 2020

I loved the course! It opened my mind to many things.

By Andrea I C L

Mar 30, 2018

Provide more specific instructions for assignments

By Jessica Z

Mar 5, 2017

This course provides a good overview of the topic.

By Kanita B

Dec 29, 2019

I think it should be more practice-oriented.

By Khadijah D

May 1, 2020

Very good content and strategies!

By Heba D

May 26, 2019

it is a very informative course

By SOULE A

Apr 1, 2019

c'est un cours très complet

By Marzieh A

Aug 13, 2019

I tho

By Michelle M

Apr 13, 2020

I help support children with special needs. I enjoyed this course and even made some notes in case I am to support a child with difficulties with reading and writing in my work .

I just wish they covered more of reading and writing learning disability conditions in depth not just Dyslexia.

I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia as a child, I struggled with maths, my left and right and writing and I drive a car and help other children with conditions

By Rhoda P

Mar 20, 2021

The content is very good in this course. The videos are very long and boring. I have no prior knowledge in the education field and found the quizzes to be very difficult in the filling out the blank questions. However, I still took the course because of my interest for helping children with dyslexia.

By Roxanne

Nov 8, 2019

Great introduction for literacy teachers or those working with struggling students. Not as helpful for American educators who attended university between 2000-present, as the information presented is part of the required coursework for elementary school teachers.