Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP

Apr 27, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

301 - 325 of 338 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Lisa K

Dec 01, 2015

This is a very nice overview of the research behind dyslexia. I would have liked additional teaching suggestions, rather than having the class be primarily about research and screening.

By Holly S S

Apr 19, 2018

Easy to follow, clear resources with scientific approaches to teaching. I particularly liked Vincent's approaches to actual intervention with examples of in classroom teaching.

By Katie S

Nov 01, 2018

I don't think that some questions are relevant to the week. There could be more questions added to review more material of the course. However, I really did enjoy the course.

By Miklós A

Mar 05, 2018

A very important course, delivered generously and with a lot of care. It's not the best organized course I've taken, but it is worth all the work to get to the end of it.

By Jennifer C

Jan 08, 2018

lots of useful info and references to helpful websites. information/strategies to help guide and teach you how to adapt your teaching to accommodate all learners

By Abdulaziz H F (

Dec 21, 2017

Absolutely it is a vital course for teachers like me. This course is very important because it helps teachers to recognise some of their students with dyslexia

By Caroline P

Apr 01, 2019

Very insightful and encouraging. Content was very elaborate and additonal tips and resources were provided which are very useful for future reference

By Nina M

Oct 07, 2019

This course provided some very useful and practical advice from the cutting edge of dyslexia research which I will definitely be applying in my job.

By SANDRA T

Mar 07, 2016

This course has been really helpful in forming my views in many arena especially dyslexia of course.

a Big Thank You for reforming my views.

By Lisa W

Jan 11, 2016

This course gave me a great insight into how the mind of my dyslexic son works and good hints to help him succeed in the classroom.

By Brenda C

Jun 15, 2018

Good course, enjoyed it. In my opinion, it would be improved by a video specifically on all sounding our phonic sounds properly.

By Renata J H

Apr 15, 2020

Gostei do curso, apenas tive dificuldades porque português e inglês tem muitas diferenças na língua escrita e oral

By Afnan A M

Aug 12, 2017

helpful but it doesn't give us the authority to determine which children are dyslexic and which are not.

By Kate P

Apr 25, 2020

A comprehensive and well set out course. I enjoyed it and found the information valuable!

By Anita Ž

Feb 03, 2020

Some tasks are not adapted for users of other languages. Everything else is excellent.

By Mohammed O M

Apr 03, 2018

Very informative and helpful course to undertake. Thank you

By Janet d P

Sep 02, 2019

Thank you for a thorough and clinically relevant course.

By Vivian N F d B

Jun 10, 2020

I loved the course! It opened my mind to many things.

By Andrea I C L

Mar 31, 2018

Provide more specific instructions for assignments

By Jessica Z

Mar 05, 2017

This course provides a good overview of the topic.

By Kanita B

Dec 29, 2019

I think it should be more practice-oriented.

By Khadijah D

May 01, 2020

Very good content and strategies!

By Heba D

May 26, 2019

it is a very informative course

By SOULE A

Apr 01, 2019

c'est un cours très complet

By Marzieh A