Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP
Apr 26, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

KM
May 19, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

401 - 425 of 439 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Abdulaziz H F

Dec 21, 2017

Absolutely it is a vital course for teachers like me. This course is very important because it helps teachers to recognise some of their students with dyslexia

By Caroline P

Apr 1, 2019

Very insightful and encouraging. Content was very elaborate and additonal tips and resources were provided which are very useful for future reference

By Nina M

Oct 7, 2019

This course provided some very useful and practical advice from the cutting edge of dyslexia research which I will definitely be applying in my job.

By SANDRA T

Mar 7, 2016

This course has been really helpful in forming my views in many arena especially dyslexia of course.

a Big Thank You for reforming my views.

By Lisa W

Jan 11, 2016

This course gave me a great insight into how the mind of my dyslexic son works and good hints to help him succeed in the classroom.

By Tessa B

Sep 4, 2020

Really interesting. The quizzes are quite good too. Maybe more interactive lectures would have been good, overall, great course.

By Brenda C

Jun 15, 2018

Good course, enjoyed it. In my opinion, it would be improved by a video specifically on all sounding our phonic sounds properly.

By Natalia K

Aug 21, 2020

The course is very interesting and informative. I have really learnt a lot! The tests need to be more thorough and profound.

By Renata J H

Apr 15, 2020

Gostei do curso, apenas tive dificuldades porque português e inglês tem muitas diferenças na língua escrita e oral

By Afnan A M

Aug 12, 2017

helpful but it doesn't give us the authority to determine which children are dyslexic and which are not.

By Kate P

Apr 25, 2020

A comprehensive and well set out course. I enjoyed it and found the information valuable!

By Anita Ž

Feb 3, 2020

Some tasks are not adapted for users of other languages. Everything else is excellent.

By Kiron A R

Oct 20, 2020

Excellent course with a touch on some crucial points regarding dyslexia.

By Mehjabeen R

Mar 9, 2021

Very informative it helped support other courses that I have done.

By Areeje T H

May 5, 2021

The course was great, but I longed for some live interaction

By Mohammed O M

Apr 3, 2018

Very informative and helpful course to undertake. Thank you

By Janet d P

Sep 2, 2019

Thank you for a thorough and clinically relevant course.

By Vivian N F d B

Jun 10, 2020

I loved the course! It opened my mind to many things.

By Andrea I C L

Mar 30, 2018

Provide more specific instructions for assignments

By Jessica Z

Mar 5, 2017

This course provides a good overview of the topic.

By Kanita B

Dec 29, 2019

I think it should be more practice-oriented.

By Khadijah D

May 1, 2020

Very good content and strategies!

By Heba D

May 26, 2019

it is a very informative course

By SOULE A

Apr 1, 2019

c'est un cours très complet

By Marzieh A