Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP
Apr 26, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

Aug 2, 2019

I have gained a wealth of information and knowledge that is directly applicable with children with difficulties in reading and writing. The videos were very relevant and the resources valuable.

76 - 100 of 430 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Seema D

Jul 15, 2020

This course has helped me a lot to sort my teaching approach. I think this course should be done by all the teachers and not just those dealing with dyslexic children since it really gives you an immense understanding of how learning actually happens. Thank you so much for introducing this course!!

By Tebogo M M

Sep 21, 2020

This course was great, I have learned a lot of content that will help to improve my skills and assist children. The instructors were good at teaching the content and I would like to encourage everyone who is willing to upgrade their skills to take this course as it is very helpful and enjoyable.

By Dr.bhuvan a R

Sep 3, 2020

Wonderful course with grate practical and case study. Instructers are excellent in designing and delivering the course. I sincerely thank all the educationists who made this an excellent course. Also my gratitude to the University of London too. I also thank Coursera to make it available for me.

By Fernando E F

Nov 13, 2018

Excellent course with very insightful lectures and wonderful supporting materials! It has surely changed the way I look at learning difficulties and positively affected my teaching life, adding new and very important skills. Thank you all who have collaborated to provide such a helpful course.

By José R C T

Oct 8, 2015

Estoy haciendo un trabajo sobre la construcción del concepto de dificultades de aprendizaje y he conseguido información actualizada en este curso. Gracias.

I'm doing some work on the construction of the concept of learning difficulties and have gotten updated information on this course. Thanks.

By Irish G B T

Sep 20, 2015

I am just halfway on this course but I'm already learning a lot of things. I am becoming more aware about all the factors and interventions that a child diagnosed with dyslexia needs.

A big thanks to all the persons who enable this free online course. It is very helpful and convenient to study.

By Nicole G

Oct 16, 2017

I highly recommend this course, especially for teachers. It gives an excellent overview of dyslexia and deepened my understanding of dyslexia. I have a lot of new ideas for use in the classroom that will make lessons more inclusive of dyslexic students but also benefit other students as well.

By Syed M H

Jun 19, 2017

The course helped me understand the basics of dyslexia and at the same time trained me to help kids dyslexic kids. I am really glad I came across this wonderful course and I am thankful to jenny and vincent for their wonderful instructions. The best part is that I got a job as SEN teacher.

By Lesley J

May 23, 2018

Thank you so much for developing this course to help make me aware of how to support students who has difficulty in reading and writing. I feel that every teacher, especially elementary should be doing this course! I learnt SO much from watching the videos and all the various resources.

By Hazel M

Sep 20, 2020

if people want to lean how to take care of kids with learning difficulties ..or hoe to identify...this is worth it...its the best course with examples and exams n it teaches u hoe u have to be with such kids in how delicately u have to treat them ...this is the best course thank you

By Marilyn M

Jan 29, 2016

I haven't quite completed this course yet (the end is in sight!) but I want to report how challenging and worthwhile it has been. I have had a lot of my questions answered and I am inspired to read and review the content again as I am sure I will understand a lot more. Thank you.

By Abla A

Oct 25, 2017

This course was great as an introduction for dyslexia. There were also many great suggestions regarding how to support them and valuable resources mentioned. I hope to continue learning more about dyslexia and possibly becoming a specialist tutor soon after finishing this course.

By Laura M

May 7, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Very informative and easy to follow. I feel much more confident in supporting children with reading and writing difficulties by being able to plan and conduct suitable activities, as well as detect some of the difficulties the child may be facing.

By Gayathri B

Apr 9, 2020

Helped me to gain in-depth knowledge about Dyslexia symptoms, brain processes, assessment details and the devastating impact it has on children's learning abilities. The intervention strategies and the practical lessons through videos- great support for teachers and educators!

By Deborah H

Jul 27, 2020

This course was very enjoyable as well as challenging. As a reading interventionist in the United States I was very curious to see what the UK, France and other countries recommended for working with struggling readers and those at-risk for dyslexia. Thank you so much.

By Anna P

Nov 12, 2017

I have really enjoyed this course and have found it extremely useful in terms of my professional development. I have learnt such a lot in only 6 weeks and now feel much more confident and better equipped skill wise to support pupils with reading and writing difficulties.

By SUJATHA S

Jun 25, 2020

The course is absolutely interesting and very informative .A special Thanks to Mr.Vincent and Ms Jenny for making this course an enriching one .'Teaching the brain to read' is a very valuable resource. I would recommend this course for every teacher.

Thanks Coursera .

By Natalie C

Nov 12, 2017

Great balance of theory and suggestions for improving practice. Every teacher should undertake this course - what a huge difference it would make to the identification and understanding of pupils with Dyslexia (dyslexic traits), the progress they could make and their

By Stefania S

Oct 15, 2018

This course was one of the most informative courses I have ever completed. It is obvious that the instructors have passion for what they do and are experts in their field. I will surely recommend this course to other educators. Congratulations for the amazing work.

By Tatiana B

Apr 14, 2020

Great Course! I'm a speech Therapist and work with non-English children, but now have more and more native-speaking client, so this course was very valuable for me - now I have a clear picture what to do. I also learn some interesting technics to work with d

By valdine

Oct 2, 2015

Excellent! Incredibly rich lectures, knowledgeable staff/instructors and great resources provided. I learned a great deal from participants as well in the discussion forum from students all over the world. Thank you so much for providing this opportunity.

By Maria C R

Aug 20, 2019

Very helpful and educational, especially if you are working with children or if you have children yourself. The course will provide you with the necessary tools to help support your children if you notice that they have difficulties in reading and writing.

By Courtney W

Apr 3, 2020

I completed this course for university, it was very valuable and informative and expanded my knowledge in reading and writing difficulties and how to better support learners. I would recommend this to all educational psychologists, teachers and parents.

By Delphine L

Dec 1, 2020

Informtation was very comprehensive and the supplied readings were great. Some of the video content may require rewatching to fully grasp concepts and theories. The assignments given were interesting, and really helps to reinforce the lessons learnt.

By Aleksandr V

Apr 1, 2018

I'm absolutely amazed by this opportunity to learn about dyslexia and its "siblings"and also to have access to practical advices (a rare case these days!) in order to help my students. Many thanks to all people involved in developing of this course.