Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

Aug 03, 2019

I have gained a wealth of information and knowledge that is directly applicable with children with difficulties in reading and writing. The videos were very relevant and the resources valuable.

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

101 - 125 of 229 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Lesley J

May 23, 2018

Thank you so much for developing this course to help make me aware of how to support students who has difficulty in reading and writing. I feel that every teacher, especially elementary should be doing this course! I learnt SO much from watching the videos and all the various resources.

By Aleksandr V

Apr 01, 2018

I'm absolutely amazed by this opportunity to learn about dyslexia and its "siblings"and also to have access to practical advices (a rare case these days!) in order to help my students. Many thanks to all people involved in developing of this course.

By Irene G G

Nov 11, 2016

Absolutely wonderful overview of how to support poor readers or dyslexics. Great for teachers and parents who want to learn the nuts and bolts of dyslexia in order to help their students/children read. Especially loved the book on how the brain learns to read! Easy to understand and tremendously interesting.

By Alexandra D

Aug 01, 2017

A thorough course that provides a comprehensive overview of the theory behind why some children struggle. The course provides clear guidelines and examples of best practice for providing intervention that will support struggling students to develop the necessary skills to be able to read. Highly recommended.

By Lipolelo N M

May 26, 2017

This is was so helpful to me because i have now learned my next approach to courses i will be teaching in the next semester

By Lindsay P

Jun 15, 2017

Great content and instruction. Very encouraged by this inclusive open access learning environment.

By Muneera M

May 29, 2018

Extremely helpful and well structured.

Found the modules very interesting and applicable while working with children.

By Simon M

Jan 13, 2017

The course presents you with clear and structured information and guidance about supporting students facing specific types of learning difficulties. The quizzes are a good way to identify knowledge gaps and prompted me to seek clarification.

By Zubaida N I

Mar 07, 2018

i love this course.

By Andy W

Nov 13, 2017

An excellent course that if you decide to put the time and effort into you get a lot from it.

Great resources and information.

Being able to speed up the lectures is useful.

By Belinda N

Oct 27, 2016

I loved this course! It held my interest and I found that the information was delivered in a well structured manner with additional reading links and supporting documentation provided.

By Elaine G

Mar 13, 2016

I would recommend this course to all educators since it has already helped me a lot

By Irish G B T

Sep 20, 2015

I am just halfway on this course but I'm already learning a lot of things. I am becoming more aware about all the factors and interventions that a child diagnosed with dyslexia needs.

A big thanks to all the persons who enable this free online course. It is very helpful and convenient to study.

By Michelle W

Jan 26, 2017

I really learnt an incredible amount from Jenny and Vincent! I will review the videos from time to time and use them to help me improve what I do.

By Petra S

May 23, 2017

Very interesting and useful course .Based on thorough research and studies,i.e. grounded in good theory.Excellent take -away strategies to use and implement to help children/adults who need extra support with reading and writing.

By Lee A B

Jun 26, 2016

Very imformative

By Audrey H S L

Dec 28, 2016

A very straight-forward course for those who want to know how to help Dyslexic children in a short time.

By Kati C

Oct 18, 2015

This is the best course I've ever done on Coursera. It's not just watching some videos, but actually studying the topic and getting challenged. I'm taking so much away for my work. Thanks a lot for all this enthusiasm and professionalism!

By PRIYA R

Mar 02, 2017

Wonderful course for teachers to help children facing reading difficulties.

By Edna M

Apr 20, 2016

Excellent!

By Kajal S N

May 02, 2017

Its really helpful to learn such course from coursers. Amazing experience :)

By valdine

Oct 02, 2015

Excellent! Incredibly rich lectures, knowledgeable staff/instructors and great resources provided. I learned a great deal from participants as well in the discussion forum from students all over the world. Thank you so much for providing this opportunity.

By Jennifer M

Aug 11, 2016

I am not a praticioner in this field but this course has allowed me to become fluent in the main theoretical framework and the issues concerning dyslexia. It has been very interesting!

By muskan

Feb 12, 2017

This course was very helpful to me as a teacher. I can identify a child with dyslexia and help him\her in reading and writing. I am also very grateful to Vincent and Jenny (our facilitators) for motivating the participants for their active involvement. I want to know the way to get the certificate for the course done. Your help on the above will be highly appreciated.

Regards