Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP

Apr 27, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

101 - 125 of 378 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Annika S

May 02, 2020

This was a very interesting and well designed course. I feel like I am equipped to support children with reading and writing difficulties and have gained valuable theoretical as well as practical knowledge regarding dyslexia.

By Kizzy V K

Sep 17, 2019

I learnt quite a lot! I am able to implement multi-sensory techniques in my Foreign language classroom. This course has opened my eyes to the difficulties struggling learners face and has given me tools to start helping them.

By Ute S

Mar 05, 2018

I'm not a teacher, but a home educating parent of a child with difficulties in reading and writing and I have learned so much that I can apply with my son. I'm already feeling that it's making a big difference. Thank you!

By Neeraj N

Feb 10, 2019

I never had opportunity to learn about dyslexia until I enrolled for this course. The selection of reading material, video lectures and the sessions with children in the course carved a deep learning experience for me.

By Aikaterini X

May 08, 2018

This course was really helpful. Both, theoritical and practical, approaches become a great tool in everyday strugle to support children with difficulties. I totally recommend it for every educator and parent.

By Anjum H G

Feb 03, 2018

This was a new area to me and a challenge, and at the same time very informative and fun! I am very interested in this field and have created the following FB page: https://www.facebook.com/SmartbutScattered/

By Schella M G M

Jun 04, 2020

This course is very informative and helpful because it gives a thorough explanation and a great overview of the course by showing some practical application on how to support the children's individual needs.

By Adriana Z

May 01, 2020

I enjoyed the course. I like the way it was organized. I would like to have seen at the end of the course, after I receivethe certificates the correct answers that I missed missed questions from the quizzes.

By Jade K A F d S

Great opportunity to to achieve such understanding in the area of reading and writing. Excellent explanation surrounding the dyslexia and barriers faced by many learners, mainly children in the first years.

By Miyuki S

Apr 28, 2020

Involving technical terms and linguistic background information before entering classroom strategies. It was a heavy and down parts, challenging course but I enjoyed diversity of instructions and material.

By Brian M C

Oct 28, 2016

A wonderful, well organized, and very informative course. Dr. Jenny and Dr. Vincent have presented the course in a very simple and engaging manner. There are plenty of demonstrations that are very helpful.

By Gabriel F

Aug 07, 2020

This course is exceptional in every way. Instructors are very knowledgeable and accomplished. It was fun to take this course and I think what I learned from this course will help me to be better educator.

By Shweta V

Sep 05, 2020

I got lots of clues and techniques to become a better teacher, how and what to observe in a child to help them. which is very imp to support children with reading and writing difficulties

By Lara V P d C

May 25, 2017

Excellent course, with highly relevant content and great teachers. Good balance between theory, practical examples and exercises. Now that I've just finished, I feel like starting it again.

By Christina V

Apr 14, 2020

Really useful and interesting course. All methods and strategies provided were clear, helpful and easily achievable in the educational environment. Definitely recommended to all teachers.

By Hemalatha M

Oct 16, 2019

It is a very comprehensive course and the course material is very interesting and self directional.I have been very much benefited by this course as a teacher educator.

Hemalatha Mallappa.

By Emily R G

Apr 26, 2020

Great course! Very thorough with lots of engaging material that covers both the science behind dyslexia and practical approaches to supporting those who live with it. Highly recommended.

By Gary E M

Nov 02, 2018

Most importantly for me were the many lectures and methods that I can use to help the student who encounter difficulties with composition, spelling, reading and importantly, comprension.

By Ana L

Mar 05, 2020

I´m really satisfied with this course. Excellent. It helped me a lot to understand my child and to help her in the way she learns. Thank you so much for all the information you gave me.

By Anthony J A

Jun 09, 2018

A great course for any literacy teacher or parent who wants to scaffold and support their children. Every part of this course is useful. The peer-assessments are practical and helpful.

By aarthishankar

Jul 30, 2017

Stage by stage difficulties in reading and writing and how to identify them are explained in detailed way. It's practical approach is very beneficial both to the learners and children.

By Belinda N

Oct 27, 2016

I loved this course! It held my interest and I found that the information was delivered in a well structured manner with additional reading links and supporting documentation provided.

By Jennifer M

Aug 11, 2016

I am not a praticioner in this field but this course has allowed me to become fluent in the main theoretical framework and the issues concerning dyslexia. It has been very interesting!

By Susmita G

Jul 11, 2017

Very detailed and well covered topic. Easy to follow and interesting information that can be implemented immediately in the classroom. Recommended for all educators of young children.

By Clara N B

Oct 25, 2020

This course was awesome, I learned more with this MOOC than in other subjects in a Masther Degree! Thank you very much! I'll be looking forward to take another course with you.