Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP

Apr 27, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

101 - 125 of 306 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Dhanulada I

May 22, 2020

This course has increased much more experience on dyslexia area and useful knowledgable which I would definitely adapt to use as the tools to improve my school.

By Paraskevi G

Aug 07, 2019

What an amazing course ! I learned so many useful and practical things. I will definitely use this knowledge with my students ! Congratulations to all of you !

By Kseniya T

Nov 07, 2016

Extremely useful and inspiring course. Thank you Jenny and Vincent for chance to peep into learner's head. I hope I will help my students to master English.

By Sarika C

Dec 10, 2017

The course was EXCELLENT! Thank you! Would be GREAT if there could do a follow-up course to this that is more practice-based and has related assessments.

By Lauren C

May 27, 2018

Fantastic course for anyone working with children who have reading and spelling difficulties. Very informative and practical, with great resources.

By Namita B

Jul 04, 2017

I found the course extremely informative even for teachers who have been in field for some time. It will definitely change your views of students.

By Michelle W

Jan 26, 2017

I really learnt an incredible amount from Jenny and Vincent! I will review the videos from time to time and use them to help me improve what I do.

By Lim P T

May 24, 2017

I've really learnt a lot. As an educator, there is so much that I can apply to my work and make a greater difference in my students' learning.

By Trevor B

Feb 13, 2017

An exceptional course with extremely well thought out information and cleverly laid out modules that guide you through the complex information.

By Natalia P

Jun 13, 2017

Helpful, clear, profound. I highly recommend it to the teachers, tutors, SLPs and parents of children with reading and writing difficulties.

By Eritza

Mar 06, 2019

This was not an easy course but it was well worth the time spent on it. Lot's of really useful and relevant information and well laid out!

By Carolina E

Nov 13, 2017

I learned so much through this course. I recommend it to every person who wants to know how to make learning easier to a dyslexic student.

By Sherin M

Dec 16, 2016

Lots of information packed in this course. I benefited a lot by doing this course. Thank you for putting together such a wonderful course.

By Kathleen S

Jun 26, 2019

There is a lot of good information on various ways that dyslexia affects learning, and how to attend to the needs of different learners.

By Johanna R

Aug 31, 2019

J'ai appris beacoup..Il a été une éxperience super. Un cours très interesant qui nous a donnée plusiers information et material à lire.

By Kafayat O L

Jul 22, 2018

This is a good course for educators who are interested in making a difference in the life of learners having difficulties with reading.

By A G

Dec 18, 2019

Very informative,comprehensive course. I was enlightened and gain skills and great ideas when dealing with children with dyslexia.

AGA

By Gloria M D D

Jul 06, 2019

Very informative for me. It was practical and provided helpful tips for teaching children with difficulties in reading and writing.

By Thayalani N G

Jan 28, 2017

it was difficult but when you have decided this is what you need to boost your career, than no matter what you will go through it.

By Nikoletta V

Jan 25, 2018

Great work with really good teachers! I would definitely recommend it! The assignments helped me understand better the material.

By Chetana H O

Oct 17, 2017

The course is well structured and very informative. It helps to actually understand about dyslexia and the informal assessment.

By Masina A

The course was more than enjoyable! It covered basic as well as critical issues related to dyslexia. I strongly recommend it!

By kepha e

Nov 18, 2015

THIS COURSE IS ONE OF THE BEST COURSES I HAVE EVER DONE ONLINE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING UP WITH SUCH A WONDERFUL COURSE

By Lipolelo N M

May 26, 2017

This is was so helpful to me because i have now learned my next approach to courses i will be teaching in the next semester

By Kyratso K

May 28, 2019

I enjoyed the class. Learned proper terminology, techniques for getting started and know how to look for new information.